[ROM] Sprint 2.27.651.6 STOCK Deoxed + ODEX w/A2SD 2.7.5_pf4a |8/6/2010|

Search This thread

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
Sweet thanks! I was having random reboots and phone lock ups also but things have been running great since I disabled jit...I'm gonna give jit another try on a lowery clock speed right now I'm at 768 but my phone seems to be running great so far however apps load noticeably slower with jit disabled

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
I know this doesn't pertain to the rom but how do you get someone elses post to show up in your post like when it says

Original poster and then whatever they wrote...again sorry for the dumb question

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
I know this doesn't pertain to the rom but how do you get someone elses post to show up in your post like when it says

Original poster and then whatever they wrote...again sorry for the dumb question

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
what is the difference from DEODEXED and ODEX? someone please help me

deodexed also takes up internal memory used for apps I noticed right after I flashed the deodexed rom that a ton of memory for apps was already taken up which I'm guessing is because the odex file is put back in the apk making the dalvik cache larger...correct me if I'm wrong

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
Yea it was a dumb question but I'd rather be safe than sorry but hey OLDJACKBOB I noticed your using vUV2 691 with jit enabled hows that working out for you what's your linpack score? I'm thinking about trying vUV2 701 with jit enabled...also do u know if urushiols v4 kernel is undvolted our not?

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
Yea it was a dumb question but I'd rather be safe than sorry but hey OLDJACKBOB I noticed your using vUV2 691 with jit enabled hows that working out for you what's your linpack score? I'm thinking about trying vUV2 701 with jit enabled...also do u know if urushiols v4 kernel is undvolted our not?

The v4 kernel is not undervolted. That's the only thing that sets apart the vUV from the v4's.
Today I tried JIT with vUV. I use setcpu so I can change my frequency when I want. When I set it to 768 MHz i think my score was around 4.7-4.7 MFLOPS. With 691 or 710 it was around 4-4.2

oldjackbob

Jun 5, 2010
hey OLDJACKBOB I noticed your using vUV2 691 with jit enabled hows that working out for you what's your linpack score? I'm thinking about trying vUV2 701 with jit enabled...also do u know if urushiols v4 kernel is undvolted our not?
You happened to ask that at the perfect time, because I finally got my first random reboot, with multiple looping reboots, this afternoon.

I was recording my road biking route with Maverick, and was also listening to the stock mp3 player. I had enabled both apps, then blanked the screen and dropped my phone into my jersey back pocket and took off on my ride. NOTE: Lest anyone go ballistic about the dangers of listening to tunes while riding a bicycle, understand that I was riding on a no-motor-vehicle route, so it was perfectly safe.

When my ride was finished, I retreived my phone from my pocket to stop the GPS recorder, but as soon as I unlocked the screen the phone went into the boot loop.

I pulled the battery and booted into the recovery screen and flashed the disable-jit zip, and have been running without incident ever since.

So apparently something went unstable during screen-blanked mode, with multiple apps still running in the background.

Another thing I decided to do is to flash the v4_691 kernel, because I've been thinking for awhile that maybe the GPS module doesn't like undervolting.

My linpack scores while jit'd were in the 3.8 range, with the cpu clock running at 576 mhz (I don't really feel comfortable cranking the cpu speed very much over the factory 528 mhz setting).

My linpack scores now that I'm running with jit disabled are in the 2.8 range.

So I can definitely vouch for the fact that jit does make a big difference, all other things being equal. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to deal with the random reboot issue, even though it only happened once over several days of steady phone use.

To answer your question about whether the v4 kernel is undervolted, no it isn't...it runs at the full voltage that the factory ROM came programmed for.

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
Thanks for your input guys its most definitely appreciated! Once my phone went into boot loop I couldn't get it stop until I disabled jit, I've been running the vuv2 kernel at 768 with mem tweak for a couple days now with great results I dont like over clocking apps they just seem to drain my battery im still gonna try vuv2 at 710 with jit enabled just receiving more input first

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
So I just decided to go to google maps and it opens freezes and I have to force close is this happening to anyone else or is there a fix for this? Also does the colin battery tweak work on this rom or is that froyo only? Thanks guys

Last edited:
You probably got a freeze due to your high clock speeds. Try it again at a lower clock speed and it'll probably be better.

I've used the collen_ph tweak on 2.1 ROMs before, but it tends to slow things down a bit. As its truly meant for Froyo. But .it can be used in 2.1 though to answer your question. Good luck! :p

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

oldjackbob

Jun 5, 2010
Does anyone have the Stock 2.1, .6 software update kernel?
Thank you thank you
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're just wanting to flash the stock kernel, and you're currently running nfinite's stock rom with someone else's kernel flashed over it, couldn't you just re-flash the rom and the stock kernel would get reloaded with it?

tailsthecat3

Jun 28, 2010
NC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're just wanting to flash the stock kernel, and you're currently running nfinite's stock rom with someone else's kernel flashed over it, couldn't you just re-flash the rom and the stock kernel would get reloaded with it?

i dont want to do that. getting it back the way i like it is too much work. i hate that moving my thumb a little is too much work...

...and unfortunately, ive been through so many rom/kernel combos, i dont have a stock nandroid b/u

i have this file on my computer...does anyone know, before i flash, if this is it? seems like it
http://www.mediafire.com/?4p361nhwal28x8d

nfinitefx45

Apr 12, 2010
Abingdon, MD.
Look at the second post on zenhero it has a stock boot img
i dont want to do that. getting it back the way i like it is too much work. i hate that moving my thumb a little is too much work...

...and unfortunately, ive been through so many rom/kernel combos, i dont have a stock nandroid b/u

i have this file on my computer...does anyone know, before i flash, if this is it? seems like it
http://www.mediafire.com/?4p361nhwal28x8d

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wiped dalvik after flashing and still no luck. Doing this method for both kernels I mentioned in previous post and both never got past the HTC screen, given 5-7 minutes for each. Again backed up to prev nandroid+ext backup.

So could it really just be my chipset? What about the recovery I am using, which is 1.5.2 (not the 1.6.2)?

Your recovery has nothing to do with whether or not your phone can run an OC kernel. Using v1.5.2 is fine -- I still am using it myself.

As much as this might suck for you, it likely is just the chipset of your particular phone that doesn't like or can't handle an OC kernel. A previous suggestion of removing the back battery cover could help you boot up, but that probably isn't guaranteed to work every time and I think you'd find that most reboots will still be an annoying process of trial and error and crossing your fingers.

One very stable ROM running on an older more stable OC kernel is the ZenEXP ROM. You may try that and see if your phone likes that one. But it's not Sprint-based so it lacks a lot of the stock Sprint stuff that this and other Sprint-based ROMs have.

(Sorry for promoting another ROM in this thread. Just offering a helpful suggestion for our friend here, not intending to hijack.)
    Re: [ROM] Sprint 2.27.651.6 STOCK Deoxed w/apps2sd 6/15/2010

I copied the OMADM.adk file to my tools directory in the android-sdk folder and then ran

adb remount
    adb push OMADM.apk /system/app/OMADM.apk

Do you have to reboot after wards, I am still at 60664

That just pushes the apk to ur phone. U still have to run the prl, pri, update through ur phone found in the about phone tab in settings.
    -------------------------------------
    Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App