Report issues that you may experience using wp7 (share your problems ) for HD2

Search This thread

wholly1

Aug 10, 2009
derby
WiFi problem - I can't see all WPA secured WiFi networks, I can find (and connect) my WiFi at home, but at work, HD2 doesn't see WiFi there...

Yesterday I answered the phone and the opposite side can't hear me (radio 2.15.., I don't know, just the last version)

Sometimes the phone is little bit laggy, I think, that the problem is in the SD card, when I used the phone w/o card (before hard-reset ofc), everything was faster

i just noticed that if u use higher channel than 8 for your wifi networking, phone seems to be blind for it.
just go to router settings and change channel to 4.
as for phone being laggy, i used at first 16gb kingston class10 and it was terrible.
now i reflashed it on class4 8gb sandisk and the problem disapeared :)
onlything i'd like to complain about is really slow instalation of apps from market.
htc hub (less than 2 mb) for whole proces required 40minutes!?!
i'm still waiting utube...

wholly1

Aug 10, 2009
derby
When i try to charge my battery with the phone completely off and the phone begins to charge but in a few minutes the led turns off and the phone does not turn on except for remove the battery.

battery charges only when phone is turned on. Does anyone has this issue?

try to reflash the rom with diffrend SD....
It really solving majority of problems.

wholly1

Aug 10, 2009
derby
My Leo restarts after about an one-two hours .
When I click the red phone, then again, Leo wake up after one minute , restart or doesn't wake up .
The second issue is when Leo is restarting , all information disappear - just like in hard reset .
It's not very stable and vast ;(

incompatibile SD card Replace and reflash...

yllivia

Jul 26, 2009
Stockholm
I flashed WP with my 2gb sandisk card in (didn't want to risk my 16gb right away) And it seems that wp did not recognize it. But i can say that it was running pretty smooth, camera working hd recording no randoom boots ,charging fine wifi, bluetooth, 3g working.

One thing that didn't work for me is the activation key that i got from Microsoft. I tried to activate it with the code before doing the unlocking with chevron and it said failed to activate. Oh and then it didnt even work after unlocking the phone.. i couldn't use that code. i comfirmed the code twice with microsoft but just didn't work for me. Anyone else had the issue of fail to activate?

RickAstley

Apr 9, 2008
Cambridge
WP7 doesn't work on my Leo. The phone just reboots after the "DFT" logo shows and then blacks out.

Perhaps it's related to my 32GB SDHC, which doesn't seem to be supported by MAGLDR in storage or sd boot mode..

badassballer

Jan 2, 2009
Well, after reading most of the posts here I guess I was lucky, WiFi and Mobile data connection worked for me, the phone was fast (faster than Android).

The whole WP7 seems to be 'airy' and not so heavy as Android, I liked the look of emails, large and clear fonts, easy to read and navigate. But on the whole, the system seems to be too closed off, not much customization is available.
I did manage to unlock it and install some 3rd party apps but soon the phone would give me a message that 'Microsoft has revoked' the particular program. Also the phone keeps locking itself over and over. I got tired of unlocking it every time I wanted to install a new app. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not. Had to either reset the phone or PC many times in order for things to work.

Does anybody know a solution to this?

I could have asked MS to give me the 'key' so that live services could be used but was not sure I want to keep this OS on my phone. It may be similar to Vista issue, a nice looking OS but buggy. Somehow I have a feeling that a new and (much) improved WP7 is around the corner.

Couple of tips:

If you want to sync your contacts, calendar, etc., the easiest way is to go through Google. If you used an Android ROM before this should not be a problem. Back up all your contacts in Android by using your Google account, once you are in WP7 go to Settings - People - Gmail and sign in. It will automatically sync your contacts to the phone - painlessly. You can also choose not to have your Facebook contacts mixed with the phone's ones. Up to you.

If you want to revert back to WinMO 6.5 or Android:
- take out your SD card first
- turn off your phone and then hold the Vol Down key as you press and hold the Power button (get into Bootloader screen)
- flash the official ROM (3.14 RUU is recommended)
- use your photo camera to format your SD card (if you have a card holder, stick in, and then format)
- if you wish you can format your SD card again once you put it back into your phone and plug it into your PC

It worked for me. I am using my SD card again to run Android (flawlessly):)

Yea i had the same issues with the unlocking thingy - i unlocked it - installed the apps etc that i wanted but after a few installs later when i would continue installing the apps /games it told me the phone's locked again - i just continued unlocking (took a couple of seconds anyways) and continued installing the apps -And yea your right about how the system seems to be closed off - I mean from my general user's perspective, it reminds me of the IOS etc - but so much has been done to improve upon removing the limitations with IOS in regards to customizations and usability and hopefully similar improvements will be seen with WP7 as well!

Reactions: tlerner

Inneandar

Mar 3, 2008
I have mostly the same issues as mentioned in FP... found a way to fix the excessive volume though. Changing the reg key HKCU\ControlPanel\Volume\MaxdBAtten from '45' to '70', I got the volume lowered (enough that it is perfectly usable with my in-ear buds). It seems the max volume is still pretty loud, so I guess this just changes the the maximum attenuation when changing from max to min volume setting, as the name of the key implies. Will play around with this a little more...

Last edited:
Reactions: cx1
A

Alt@ir

I found out another problem, the service is pretty weak and sometimes I'm without service, especially when I'm calling to someone.
And then I found out that the touch screen sometimes doesn't response, you have to tap twice to the display and than it's ok again.
And the last thing, I'm not sure that the Ambient light sensor is working well.

Last edited:

m2shakiba

Oct 25, 2010
have anybody noticed the problem with lockscreen on wp7
i mean when you press the power button to unlock the phone you have to wait almost 1 second and then pull it
if you pull the screen right away after pressing the button it doesn't work
it is hard to notice but it is very annoying for me

chrisliphart

Apr 7, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Battery life is really bad, about on par with some of the more power-hungry Android builds. I get about 4 hours of use (couple calls, some wifi data usage, and a bit of edge use) before I'm frantically grabbing for a charger.

The camera key is really slow to launch the camera, but tapping the icon brings it right up.

Other than that, there's some bad read/write lag while downloading and installing stuff, and a few minor freezes, but nothing major.

maxld

Mar 21, 2009
Łódź
have anybody noticed the problem with lockscreen on wp7
i mean when you press the power button to unlock the phone you have to wait almost 1 second and then pull it
if you pull the screen right away after pressing the button it doesn't work
it is hard to notice but it is very annoying for me

Yeah there is some lag, but on my phone not always. It doesn't bother me at all. I would love to have a normal level of volume though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I created this thread to list all peoblems on HD2 that may face you to be reported for the developers (share your problems )

list of problems you may suffer from (not all users have all problems in the list ):

1. buttons backlight doesn't work
    2. multitouch is buggy and stops working allot (when zoooming )
    3. no autofocus in camera , and pictures are so bad
    4. big noise in videorecording and very noisy voice
    6. loud speaker is very loud
    7.wifi mac address will change if you reboot the phone
    8. charging problem when the device is off (magldr issue )
    9.Support For 1024LEO full Capacity (currently limited to 512)
    10. market takes allot of time to verify purchase and download (wp7 issue or just us ? )
    11. battery meter not accurate at all, and very high battery usage
    12. some htc applicaions doesn't work (audio booster ) works ut make no change
    13. flash on camera and green tint
    14. light sensor in extreme dark conditions (corrupted as in android ) needs testing not sure
    15. rebooring problems
    16.FM radio is very loud even with the volume on the minimum setting.
    17. sync contacts names problems (may be wp7 )
    18. service provider settings (like charge , pay pill ) in windows 6.5 and android doesn't exist (wp7 problem , may be ) .
    19. digital compass , is it working or not and how to test it
    20.mms, can't change apn for mms
    21.No headset icon when headset is bluged
    22.push tiles update issue
    23.Only the left headset works when make call.
    24. mic doesn't work when headset is bluged in
    25. Phone remains "locked" after MS activation, no amount of unlocking works. *mod edit - try method 2 : here *
    Notes:

A. some issues are windows phone 7 related that we should wait for microsoft to fix them see the list here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=836373

B. I will request the next rom update to be an hd7 reg edited as default , so that we will only need to use the activation code without cracking the phones security with (chevron wp7.exe ) as with the next microsoft ypdate we will not be able to use it any more.

C. All problems are being repeated now , i think the list above includes it all ,one more day and i will be reporting all these issues on the chinees forum , or to cotulla ,

A very big problem don't let your phone empty its charge as it can't be charged while it is off and it will die unless you find a way to charge it externally
    how to download a reg editor for wp7 , and could you find any reg edit for toch screen to fix it

I used the one here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=910149
    Edit key and reboot... volume should be lower.
    Cause of headset problems...

Ok, So I also was running into the headset problem where the left speaker only was working and at a very very low volume. I originally figured it to be just a bug and re-flashed the phone. Once re-flashed all was well. Headset volume was pitch perfect on both speakers and I was once again happy. I then needed to unlock my phone again and had one helluva time getting chevron to work a second time ; first time was a breeze){ problem solved by re-installing Zune with internet disconnected}. Once my phone was unlocked the second time around I immediately got a call from a friend and the headset volume was once again poor with only the left speaker working.
    So, I believe there is something going wrong once you unlock and have your phone activated for marketplace.
    Hope this helps the people out there that are smarter than me.
    Also, I'd like to give a hearty big fat thank you to all the devs and the entire community here!
    Well, after reading most of the posts here I guess I was lucky, WiFi and Mobile data connection worked for me, the phone was fast (faster than Android).

The whole WP7 seems to be 'airy' and not so heavy as Android, I liked the look of emails, large and clear fonts, easy to read and navigate. But on the whole, the system seems to be too closed off, not much customization is available.
    I did manage to unlock it and install some 3rd party apps but soon the phone would give me a message that 'Microsoft has revoked' the particular program. Also the phone keeps locking itself over and over. I got tired of unlocking it every time I wanted to install a new app. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not. Had to either reset the phone or PC many times in order for things to work.

Does anybody know a solution to this?

I could have asked MS to give me the 'key' so that live services could be used but was not sure I want to keep this OS on my phone. It may be similar to Vista issue, a nice looking OS but buggy. Somehow I have a feeling that a new and (much) improved WP7 is around the corner.

Couple of tips:

If you want to sync your contacts, calendar, etc., the easiest way is to go through Google. If you used an Android ROM before this should not be a problem. Back up all your contacts in Android by using your Google account, once you are in WP7 go to Settings - People - Gmail and sign in. It will automatically sync your contacts to the phone - painlessly. You can also choose not to have your Facebook contacts mixed with the phone's ones. Up to you.

If you want to revert back to WinMO 6.5 or Android:
    - take out your SD card first
    - turn off your phone and then hold the Vol Down key as you press and hold the Power button (get into Bootloader screen)
    - flash the official ROM (3.14 RUU is recommended)
    - use your photo camera to format your SD card (if you have a card holder, stick in, and then format)
    - if you wish you can format your SD card again once you put it back into your phone and plug it into your PC

It worked for me. I am using my SD card again to run Android (flawlessly):)

Yea i had the same issues with the unlocking thingy - i unlocked it - installed the apps etc that i wanted but after a few installs later when i would continue installing the apps /games it told me the phone's locked again - i just continued unlocking (took a couple of seconds anyways) and continued installing the apps -And yea your right about how the system seems to be closed off - I mean from my general user's perspective, it reminds me of the IOS etc - but so much has been done to improve upon removing the limitations with IOS in regards to customizations and usability and hopefully similar improvements will be seen with WP7 as well!
    19. Digital Compass

Issues for the Digital Compass on WP7:

Some ROMs dont support it, and in some ROMs, the needle is going the opposite direction.
    A workaround can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22478542&postcount=2382

Note: this is just using an compass app that works (hence workaround) and does not fix the hardware/driver (solution).
    So it will still go the wrong way using other apps.

How to test:
    0) hold your device flat in front of you
    1) open a compass app, rotate your body left/right until it faces north
    2) now rotate 90 degree to the left
    Note: while you turn, you should notice that the needle tries to keep pointing to the same direction

3) if it points WEST - it is correct; if it points EAST then it is pointing the wrong direction. From the link above, download the 'correct' compass app, and load it using the XAP loader (a.k.a Application Deployment). If your device/rom is locked, then developer unlock it following the methods for your phone/rom.