Kindle Fire rebooting - trying to go back to stock with TWRP

Search This thread

eebuckeye

Mar 28, 2011
My Kindle fire kept shutting down and rebooting so I am trying to erase and go back to stock with the latest Kindle Fire update.

I have TWRP v2.5.0.0 installed and downloaded the kindle fire update from the Amazon website:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200790620

I renamed the file to update.zip and placed on the kindle fire via USB port. I get "error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/update.zip' . I made sure there were no hidden extensions on the update.zip when I renamed the Amazon update bin file.

what should I try next? I did a 'factor reset' from TWRP and it will no longer boot into the Kindle OS (which is fine as it rebooting all the time automatically anyways). However, I can not flash the Amazon rom to get working again.

Can anyone please help? I have spent many hours with no success so far.

Thank you

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
My Kindle fire kept shutting down and rebooting so I am trying to erase and go back to stock with the latest Kindle Fire update.

I have TWRP v2.5.0.0 installed and downloaded the kindle fire update from the Amazon website:

I renamed the file to update.zip and placed on the kindle fire via USB port. I get "error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/update.zip' . I made sure there were no hidden extensions on the update.zip when I renamed the Amazon update bin file.

what should I try next? I did a 'factor reset' from TWRP and it will no longer boot into the Kindle OS (which is fine as it rebooting all the time automatically anyways). However, I can not flash the Amazon rom to get working again.

Thank you
Let me understand this it loads to the system momentarily then crashes and reboots or never makes it to system boot?
If it makes it to system boot race the device as fast as you can to factory reset and reset it if it never boots to system for even 20 seconds or so you need a factory cable http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1392693 post #9. in order to install TWRP and fff again .
Once in recovery you will do a factory reset and wipe everything except your sdcard prior to flashing stock. At that point you are better off flashing prerooted stock there is a new 6.3.3 available.

eebuckeye

Mar 28, 2011
Let me understand this it loads to the system momentarily then crashes and reboots or never makes it to system boot?
If it makes it to system boot race the device as fast as you can to factory reset and reset it if it never boots to system for even 20 seconds or so you need a factory cable http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1392693 post #9. in order to install TWRP and fff again .
Once in recovery you will do a factory reset and wipe everything except your sdcard prior to flashing stock. At that point you are better off flashing prerooted stock there is a new 6.3.3 available.

I can no longer boot to the Amazon Kindle OS because I used 'factory reset' in TWRP 2.5 which appears to have erased it. If there is a way to restore from this point please let me know.

I can still boot fine to TWRP so I should be able to work with it still, correct? I installed the Android SDK and use 'adb devices' which says:

Lists of devices attached
0123456789ABCDEF recovery

If TWRP would use my bin file that I changed to update.zip then I think I could reinstall the factory image with no problem.

What other things can I try?

Thanks!

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
I can no longer boot to the Amazon Kindle OS because I used 'factory reset' in TWRP 2.5 which appears to have erased it. If there is a way to restore from this point please let me know.

I can still boot fine to TWRP so I should be able to work with it still, correct? I installed the Android SDK and use 'adb devices' which says:

Lists of devices attached
0123456789ABCDEF recovery

If TWRP would use my bin file that I changed to update.zip then I think I could reinstall the factory image with no problem.

What other things can I try?

Thanks!
Since adb works use adb to push another Rom to the device. Look at general section kinfaun's Kindle Fire for beginners and how to flash a ROM if not in awhile I will help you push one to the device.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire

Thank you
you need TWRP 2.2.2.1 or lower to install an unmodified Stock update.zip
but you can install my [2014][Pre-Rooted][Stock]System Version 6.3.3-Original Kindle Fire Only
just download to pc> connect kindle to pc>
in TWRP select mount>check sd card>select mount usb
copy preroot.6.3.3.zip to sd card folder
unmount sd card>select install

gherman222

Sep 28, 2011
Android Wear
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I did a factory reset too, as I was interested in going back to stock. Now mine won't boot to Kindle OS, just to TWRP. I tried the 6.3.3 pre-rooted and Modaco, but it still won't boot. Seems like a similar issue but I can't figure it out. I appreciate any help!

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I did a factory reset too, as I was interested in going back to stock. Now mine won't boot to Kindle OS, just to TWRP. I tried the 6.3.3 pre-rooted and Modaco, but it still won't boot. Seems like a similar issue but I can't figure it out. I appreciate any help!
Which twrp and bootloader?

Sent from my Amazon OtterX using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you
    you need TWRP 2.2.2.1 or lower to install an unmodified Stock update.zip
    but you can install my [2014][Pre-Rooted][Stock]System Version 6.3.3-Original Kindle Fire Only
    just download to pc> connect kindle to pc>
    in TWRP select mount>check sd card>select mount usb
    copy preroot.6.3.3.zip to sd card folder
    unmount sd card>select install
    When you go to mount make sure system and Data have no checks in the box either.