(Q) efs

Search This thread

hassaan123

Jul 5, 2011
Hello, my galaxy S is running on generic imei. Currently i am on darkyrom

1. I have efs folder backup,everytime i boot my phone i have to copy that backuped efs folder to the phones folder, and when i do this i get network signals. Once i reboot the phone i have to do all that again. Any solution to get away with doing it everytime?
2. If i get a efs folder of a working imei phone,can i use that to fix mine imei?
3. While flashing few roms, i get this error in cwm
Assert failed 'is_mounted' (efs) .
Why is that?

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
if you try to flash another NV_data on your SGS you will end up with either No IMEI number or The generic one 004999 bla bla

To get your original back you need to restore the contents of the backed up efs to the efs on the phone.

If that fails, you will need to flash back to an older firmware, froyo worked for me, Some people say eclair. But try and see for yourself.

I have tried to change the IMEI many many times, it just resulted in the generic one. I cant find any help regarding it as it is illegal and no one will comment. :(

hassaan123

Jul 5, 2011
I did try all the methods but failed. Now question is that does having generic imei affect while installing roms? And why do i need to copy paste the efs folder everytime i boot the device :-\

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
Oh no you shouldnt need to do this on every boot, something is wrong there. Maybe the backup efs is also corrupt.

The generic IMEI can cause apps to not work properly, Market apps to not download, and signal / call / sms issues.

I have generic IMEI on one of my SGS's and its been fine for weeks.

Delete the current nv_data.bin / nv_data.bin.md5 / nv_data.bak and then reboot.