[Q] Is the SGS1 display good ?

Search This thread

Okkz

Sep 10, 2011
By good, I mean, free of faults ?

I bought a SGS2 online and waiting for receiving it. But considering the large amount of users having a yellow tinted screen on the left, I'll probably get one of those faulty devices too.

In that case, I'll get it replaced and go for the SGS1, but, as a SGS1, can you tell me if the S1 has the same issue ? :confused:

Thanks. :)

ali_khalid5518

Jun 9, 2011
Lahore
No nothing like that on SGS1 or even i am using SGS2 its also quite fine and no screen tinted issuse.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Reactions: hash94

xchasa

Dec 29, 2010
The wifes sgs2 has tint.
My 1.5 yo sgs1 has had no screen protector ever and is still scratch free and all pixels working like new.
My experience anyway.

thompson2009

Mar 2, 2011
Chesterfield
sgs1 screen is brilliant i think.

scratch free and you can see it outside when sun is shinning really well.

I had two different HTC phones. And they where both useless outside. could not see a thing.

insanedreamz

May 12, 2011
Cloud 9
OnePlus 6
SGS1 display is nothing less than a benchmark for all the mobile displays out there in the market. First device ever to have such an awesome, vibrant and Gorilla resistant screen. I'm in love with SGS just for its display.

haloimplant

Aug 19, 2010
Other not being really sharp up close due to pentile the display is perfect. Bright, great colours and takes a beating.

Al3cks

Apr 20, 2008
Ploiești
There are kernels with integrated functionality to correct for any colour tint. To be honest, AMOLED ages really ugly. Contrast is great, colors too, but after a few months of moderate usage, when the screen displays a grey image, the color is not uniform. It has signs of burn-in from place to place. This is the biggest disadvantage of this tipe of screen. I have it since March and sometimes I wish it had SLCD instead. I always have to be carefull not to keep the display on for too long or with the same image and icon layout on the screen.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

xchasa

Dec 29, 2010
Not on my phone. Nearly 1.5 yo and no such problems. Greys look fine. I'm always on it too.
Like stated before. Its the benchmark. Slcd sux in daylight.

Mr Woolf

There are kernels with integrated functionality to correct for any colour tint. To be honest, AMOLED ages really ugly. Contrast is great, colors too, but after a few months of moderate usage, when the screen displays a grey image, the color is not uniform. It has signs of burn-in from place to place. This is the biggest disadvantage of this tipe of screen. I have it since March and sometimes I wish it had SLCD instead. I always have to be carefull not to keep the display on for too long or with the same image and icon layout on the screen.

Not my experience at all. Well over a year old, no screen tint, burn in, loss of colour or missing pixels. Best screen I have seen.

Sent from my Galaxy S using XDA Premium App

haloimplant

Aug 19, 2010
I'm 1 year in and can barely see the 'M' from AM/PM before I started using 24-hour clock along with a bit of 'smudges' around the time, and only on a bright solid blue screen.

I could see issues if you set the screen to stay on while plugged in all day and put 10+ hours a day on it (I did that a few times and I think that's where my bit of burnout came from) but for the typical few hours of use a day there doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

ccrows

Aug 14, 2010
Hands down the SGS is the best display I have ever used on a phone!

I also have an Atrix with double the power (including ram) and I still keep uning my SGS. The screen is just way to good...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Al3cks

Apr 20, 2008
Ploiești
I agree, on higher brightness and a more vivid color you can't tell if the screen is burned-in. But try this. Get these 2 apps from the market OI Flashlight and OI Color Chooser, open OI Flashlight, press left softkey, Colour and select a very close to dark color and tell me if it's uniform. Maybe there is something wrong only with my screen.

I'm not saying it's the worst screen ever, I'm just suggesting someone should take this minor downside into account when choosing this type of screen, because once you go AMOLED you never go back ;-). You may have second thoughts when some wear will start to appear on the pixels.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No nothing like that on SGS1 or even i am using SGS2 its also quite fine and no screen tinted issuse.