Motoactv

Search This thread

Prack

Dec 6, 2010
Lino Lakes, MN
Any chance I'll be able to change my live wallpaper in the new build? I've tried everything on 1.1.3b and I can't get it to change. I can open the live wallpaper menu and see all the wallpaper installed but FC as soon as I pick one.

I'm very tired of the beautiful weather LWP that I got working at some point. I dont want a static WP either.

ClearD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Im still having no luck with bootloader.
when asked to I plug in the motoactv and my pc gives the 3 fast tones and I get a usb device not reconised error.
But if pluged in when the motoactv is running the stock program my pc sees both the internal drives just fine.
So it must be a USB driver problem? if yes where can I get the drivers from, and install them manualy via device manager?

Do you have motocast installed? I think the drivers are in that.

Any chance I'll be able to change my live wallpaper in the new build? I've tried everything on 1.1.3b and I can't get it to change. I can open the live wallpaper menu and see all the wallpaper installed but FC as soon as I pick one.

I'm very tired of the beautiful weather LWP that I got working at some point. I dont want a static WP either.

I'll see what I can come up with. :)

Sent using XDA-funded carrier pigeons

delboydell

Feb 11, 2003
Sheffield England
Yes I have motocast installed, i have just tried installing the drivers from device manager and pointing the installer to that folder no luck. I am going to have to try another PC , and hope its not the motoactiv thats screewed.

ClubPetey

Jun 22, 2012
Im still having no luck with bootloader.
when asked to I plug in the motoactv and my pc gives the 3 fast tones and I get a usb device not reconised error.
But if pluged in when the motoactv is running the stock program my pc sees both the internal drives just fine.
So it must be a USB driver problem? if yes where can I get the drivers from, and install them manualy via device manager?

When the Device is stock, did you install Motorola Driver Manager from the second internal drive? That installs a set of USB drivers. I needed to install Driver Manager before I could get my Device to go into fastboot.

The other thing I had installed at the time was RSDLite. I'm not sure if that added any drivers, so might be worth a try. There is a menu option in RSDLite to put your device in Fastboot mode.

cloudy616

Nov 27, 2009
Does anyone have the 2.0.53 version of Motoactv apk?
This version seems possess much more function then the 1.0 version, but I can't find the right apk that could be installed on my galaxy tab 7.7

williamhung

Oct 11, 2006
Berlin
noob question

I have a Motoactv with version 4.x and wanted to update to 5.x
However, I haven't rooted the device yet and want to do so.
Should I root it first and will it allow me to update to 5.x without loosing the root access.
My question is, can I have the original Motoactv OS rooted on 5.x and still be able to install custom apps to it by being rooted?
Thanks

ClearD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Sorry, I've lost motocast on my laptop -.- like it won't work at all. I'm still working on getting that back first.

Sent using XDA-funded carrier pigeons

antzvill

Mar 17, 2011
STOCKBRIDGE
day one Newbie here Galaxy S3 sprint

Well i want to thank all of you for making my decision very easy between sony smartwatch and motoactv. The plus side is i was going to buy at best buy for 250 then drive to another bestbuy for the watch band but instead i stopped in a verizon store and the chick gave me 20 percent off everything to buy it there. so 8gb moto and watch band total price 239 i have the receipt for proof. Also for any other newbies inbox me i can sum up everything i learned today from stock updates to root to wipe flash room again getting keyboard to work...

volcs0

Sep 13, 2007
I didn't read through the whole thread, so sorry if this has been answered.

I am frustrated with some of the aspects of the MotoACTV software. For instance, the inability to see workout data while paused is very frustrating, and this was a conscious design decision by the developers.

If I root this thing, are there custom versions of the workout software I can use that are better than the stock?

Thanks for the advice.

DahIzzo

Jan 26, 2010
Mannheim
just bought the watch here in germany

280€ ....wow ... cheapest i could find here in germany ;(
yao_ming_meme_new_version_hd_by_guillersevilla-d3dwein1-252x300.png

device rooted by ClearD's Root Tool
Costum ROM from ClearDroid incl. his MOD inside
almost everything works pretty well, apps included.
@ClearDroid, thanks for that easy to understand how2Video!!
awesome work!!

just some things dont work as expected:

- that small phone storage for app installing is rly sad.

- random WIFI disconnects.
somehow rly odd...
however i recognized if u ENABLE the "Mobile Network" mode (sounds odd i know)
TOGETHER with the Wifi, the wifi became much more stable if the battery is "green"
(just downloaded like a 1 GB movie out of the dropbox app ;-) )

but if the battery is like red- its still getting alot of Disconnects...
i can activate that mobile network at my GO Launcher useing the widget
"Go Switch"
(where i can easily turn on Wifi GPS screeBrightness bluetooth AND mobile network easy). but i know- the motoactv doenst have mobile network normally.
still i feel kinda it helps alot to improove the Wifi quality and less disconnects,
but i doesnt know why...

- Googleplaystore gets Instant Force close if i use the "search" buttom.
i thought maybe because of the stock keyboard, but then i installed some other keyboards like "A.I.type Keyboard" or "Flit keyboard"
but they didnt helped....

Last edited:

stoudamire

Sep 17, 2010
Munich
just bought the watch here in germany

280€ ....wow ... cheapest i could find here in germany ;(
yao_ming_meme_new_version_hd_by_guillersevilla-d3dwein1-252x300.png

device rooted by ClearD's Root Tool
Costum ROM from ClearDroid incl. his MOD inside
almost everything works pretty well, apps included.
@ClearDroid, thanks for that easy to understand how2Video!!
awesome work!!

just some things dont work as expected:

- that small phone storage for app installing is rly sad.

- random WIFI disconnects.
somehow rly odd...
however i recognized if u ENABLE the "Mobile Network" mode (sounds odd i know)
TOGETHER with the Wifi, the wifi became much more stable if the battery is "green"
(just downloaded like a 1 GB movie out of the dropbox app ;-) )

but if the battery is like red- its still getting alot of Disconnects...
i can activate that mobile network at my GO Launcher useing the widget
"Go Switch"
(where i can easily turn on Wifi GPS screeBrightness bluetooth AND mobile network easy). but i know- the motoactv doenst have mobile network normally.
still i feel kinda it helps alot to improove the Wifi quality and less disconnects,
but i doesnt know why...

- Googleplaystore gets Instant Force close if i use the "search" buttom.
i thought maybe because of the stock keyboard, but then i installed some other keyboards like "A.I.type Keyboard" or "Flit keyboard"
but they didnt helped....

Got mine for 180 EUR including the accessoire pack. :)
All your "problems" are already known.
For searching the market you can use the app "market search" which is available in the PlayStore.
Regarding the WIFI function you might take a closer at this thread. There have been several discussions about it including some suggestions how to stabilize it.

wesbechtel

Nov 4, 2010
Zombies, Run! ??

Has anyone looked into about getting Zombies, Run! onto the MotoActv? I haven't seen anything mentioned anywhere, and would love to take just my MotoActv out on runs and not my entire phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWMR ported

Hello,

I have ported CWMR 5.0.2.7 to the Motoactv (F100) device.

actvcmwr.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The procedure for this is as follows. You MUST have working adb knowledge to use this and you must be able to restore using the available tool should any problems arise. This is considered an ALPHA release that may need additional work. I did not have access to the device during the port so all testing was done through TheEndGame7. THERE MAY BE ISSUES, you are warned.

1) Download this file: CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img
    2) adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img /data/local/
    3) adb shell (become root)
    4) dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    5) exit adb from the device
    6) adb reboot recovery (you should be in CWMR now)

The source for the device config is here. Please feel free to go wild with development on this because I do not have the device and likely won't be contributing much more except bug fixes. If you use this source, please give credit where it's due.

NOTE: there are missing images(known). This is because the ramdisk is EXTREMELY finicky on this device and it WILL NOT BOOT past 3.66mb in size. I trimmed out things that weren't needed in order to make this work. The basic functionality you need should be there. adb is also not functioning properly yet within recovery.

ramdisk config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_motorola_F100_initrd

device config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_device_motorola_F100

credits:
    koush for cwmr.
    TheEndGame7 for being my testing guinea pig.
    hashcode for some helpful insight.
    MotoACTV Easy Modder v0.1

Post removed, see below.
    Well, it was a *****, but here is build 2, moving to Beta at this point in 'Moto red' by request of TEG.

ayu6vRFV

There is 1 lingering issue: usb support in recovery. It is a bastard, going to really have to tear this thing apart to debug why. Right now, recovery can backup, restore, wipe, flash roms, etc. All the stuff you're used to working, now does. I fixed images by shrinking the kernel to fit more stuff in here. You should no longer get any weird image errors. I bumped you up to 5.0.2.8 source as well.

Flash this file the same as before via adb and dd.
    CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img

adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img /data/local/
    adb shell
    # dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    # exit
    adb reboot recovery

Some additional notes I'd like to share that might help you as you mess with this device now that I've played with one.

1) NEVER use adb reboot bootloader for any reason. You get stuck in a ****tily programmed loop of hell. The way out of this loop is by following these instructions:

a) hold START, POWER, VOL UP, VOL DOWN together for 10 seconds at least. You should see the screen flicker on and off twice.
    b) plug in the USB cable to turn device on
    c) you should boot back to rom, if not, do it again. It's touchy.

2) The 'soft' reset is done by START + POWER for 5 seconds.

Enjoy. Source is updated. This will likely be the last update unless I get adb working.

Credits: koush for cwmr
    TheEndGame7 for providing a device
    ClearD for files
    Attached is the latest copy of my MotoACTV Easy Modder v1.0. This is a MAJOR upgrade! Adds numerous features and completely revises how backups are stored on the computer. Need to use 7zip to extract it, wouldn't let me upload that big of a .zip file.

To make this version see your old backups, open your IMGs folder, make a new folder (no spaces), drag all your old .img files into it.

ChangeLog:
    v1.0 Updated 1/16/12
    - Redesigned GUI
    - Integrated SuperOneClick (Very basic at the moment)
    - Backup (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Restore (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Added more Button Remaps (21 configurations)
    - Run Custom ADB commands
    - Run Custom Fastboot commands

v0.8 Updated 1/12/12
    - Fixed a few errors
    - Made ADB pause until a device is detected before continuing
    - New method of button remapping (DELETE "Keypads" folder from previous version)
    - Cleaned code

v0.6 Updated 01/09/12
    - Backup
    - Now supports multiple images
    - Restore / Flash
    - Flash Custom Boot.img
    - Implemented Userdata Restore
    - Implemented System and Userdata Restore
    - Mods
    - Install Custom APKs
    - Tools
    - Remount filesystem as Read/Write
    - Modified "Clean '/system/app'"

v0.1 Initial Release
    - Backup (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Restore (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Remap Buttons (7 different configurations)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace Stock PackageInstaller.apk with one from CyanogenMod
    - Remove MotoCRAP (Strip '/system/app')
    - Restart MotoACTV
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Future Plans:
    - Market Installer
    - Port scripts to *nix and Mac

Screenshots:
    http://xdaforums.com/album.php?albumid=5789

Download:
    Newer version posted later in thread. Page 55.
    Working on an All-in-One batch file with an easy to use menu to try and make the alleviate some problems people are having so that the IRC can be used more for development progress and creative ideas rather than support.

Features:
    - Backup (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Restore (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace PackageInstaller.apk
    - Remap Buttons (7 configurations)
    - Restart
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Attached are a few screenshots. Let me know if there is anything else I should include.