Notifications are missing. Galaxy Gear with Nexus 5

Search This thread

tennyson24

Mar 16, 2010
Ok, So I have have a Galaxy Gear and Nexus 5, I can answer phone calls, change my clock, etc. I have enabled Gmail, Facebook notifications on in both ATN Notifications and Gear Manager 1.6.132701 but nothing is coming through. Any suggestions.

Thanks

htowngator

Mar 31, 2008
Could be that Samsung patched the vulnerability

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

j_mullet

Jul 23, 2011
I'm in the same boat. Followed the directions 100% and all I can do is call.

I've spent hours and hours trying to get things right on the n5 and gear. No such luck. Was able to connect and receive calls and transfer images sometimes. Notifications never worked unless using a third party app like tablet notifier. With tablet notifier using null ROM, I didn't need to use any gear manager to get that to work. The answering calls and transferring photos won't work. Just notifications do.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: scharchen

skitapa

Apr 19, 2011
Have you set the security setting allowing ATN manager to receive notifications?

trondjl

May 27, 2007
I had to use the .111801 version to get calling, contacts and photo transfer to work. Also i got Atn manager 1.2.2 to work, not 1.2.3

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Moose0704

May 6, 2012
Princeton TX
Google Pixel Fold
WORKING!

For those that are using other device and not Samsung Devices....

OK I was able to get this working and I will try my best to explain it for everyone so you can understand:

1. Uninstall any versions of ATNManger you already have installed
  • Install ATN Manager 1.2.2 on your "Phone" (In my case, Nexus 5), apk HERE
  • Install the "Watch.apk" inside ATN Manager 1.2.3.1_pre.apk on your "Galaxy Gear", apk HERE
  • Go to settings on your "Phone" and find security, inside there find "Notification Access" make sure ATN Manager is checked
  • Open ATN Manager on you "Phone" and check all apps that you want to get notifications from (example: Gmail, Hangouts, Google+, Facebook)
  • You should now get notifications on all of your apps that you checked, my wife even gets them for all her games.

Too bad it only lets you know you got a message and then you have to go to phone to see it, but you still get the notification if say your phone is on silent. Would be great if we could make this work from Nexus 5 through GearManager as it is better but no luck there for me.

Also while I am at it, here is how to get the WatchStyler app working so you can change your watch faces:

1. Open GearManager on your "Phone"
  • Connect to your Galaxy Gear
  • Click on Clocks to see the list of clocks
  • With Clocks open hit your home button to minimize Gear Manager
  • Install latest WatchStyler app (1.1.00) from HERE
  • Open WatchStyler app
  • Now open GearManager (that is still running) and you will then see the WatchStyler option, choose it
  • Make a new watch face in WatchStyler and then open GearManager
  • Choose the Gear next to WatchStyler and choose the watch face you just made and choose apply
  • You should now see your new watch face on your Galaxy Gear

Hope this helps everyone. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WORKING!

For those that are using other device and not Samsung Devices....

OK I was able to get this working and I will try my best to explain it for everyone so you can understand:

1. Uninstall any versions of ATNManger you already have installed
    • Install ATN Manager 1.2.2 on your "Phone" (In my case, Nexus 5), apk HERE
    • Install the "Watch.apk" inside ATN Manager 1.2.3.1_pre.apk on your "Galaxy Gear", apk HERE
    • Go to settings on your "Phone" and find security, inside there find "Notification Access" make sure ATN Manager is checked
    • Open ATN Manager on you "Phone" and check all apps that you want to get notifications from (example: Gmail, Hangouts, Google+, Facebook)
    • You should now get notifications on all of your apps that you checked, my wife even gets them for all her games.

Too bad it only lets you know you got a message and then you have to go to phone to see it, but you still get the notification if say your phone is on silent. Would be great if we could make this work from Nexus 5 through GearManager as it is better but no luck there for me.

Also while I am at it, here is how to get the WatchStyler app working so you can change your watch faces:

1. Open GearManager on your "Phone"
    • Connect to your Galaxy Gear
    • Click on Clocks to see the list of clocks
    • With Clocks open hit your home button to minimize Gear Manager
    • Install latest WatchStyler app (1.1.00) from HERE
    • Open WatchStyler app
    • Now open GearManager (that is still running) and you will then see the WatchStyler option, choose it
    • Make a new watch face in WatchStyler and then open GearManager
    • Choose the Gear next to WatchStyler and choose the watch face you just made and choose apply
    • You should now see your new watch face on your Galaxy Gear

Hope this helps everyone. ;)
    I'm in the same boat. Followed the directions 100% and all I can do is call.

I've spent hours and hours trying to get things right on the n5 and gear. No such luck. Was able to connect and receive calls and transfer images sometimes. Notifications never worked unless using a third party app like tablet notifier. With tablet notifier using null ROM, I didn't need to use any gear manager to get that to work. The answering calls and transferring photos won't work. Just notifications do.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app