3 years later

Search This thread

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
my Note is still my "go-to" device , even with LG G2 Pro , Note-2 and Moto X , this is my daily driver , i cant seem to find the others without faults and the faults are numerous , having been replaced several times , the G2 just plain sucks , the Note-2 I love but cant seem to get one that works very long and the Moto X is awesome with xposed , but without an unlocked boot loader its just no fun whatsoever , Im still running Avatar rom on the Note 4.2.2 and besides a few crashes now and then its flawless !

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan
Almost every single one of those days in the pic was 4h+ screen on doing all sorts of things from gaming to Web browsing, music, ect...

My note never achieved this, no chance it could ever touch my g2 in terms of pure daily driver ;)

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1399616148443.jpg
    1399616148443.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 257
May 12, 2014
my Note is still my "go-to" device , even with LG G2 Pro , Note-2 and Moto X , this is my daily driver , i cant seem to find the others without faults and the faults are numerous , having been replaced several times , the G2 just plain sucks , the Note-2 I love but cant seem to get one that works very long and the Moto X is awesome with xposed , but without an unlocked boot loader its just no fun whatsoever , Im still running Avatar rom on the Note 4.2.2 and besides a few crashes now and then its flawless !

Please let me know what rom you use on your original note!

coldblooded79

Jan 5, 2010
Murfreesboro, TN
I looked at the original Note right before we signed our contract with At&t. I ended up going with the iPhone 5. I ended up selling my 5 for $350 a few weeks ago, and wanted to play around with Android some more before my upgrade in October. I picked up a mint i717 the other day for $100. It was still running ICS. I quickly rooted it, and now I'm running Beanstalk with uber kernel, and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Free mobile app

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
Please let me know what rom you use on your original note!

been running avatar rom for damn near a year , I tried running a beta (very disastrous) ,was doing nightlies but stuck to a stable , now if you dont want kitkat stick with Blackstar (i think is the name ) cant be beat !

As far as the NOTE 2 goes ,Ive had problem after problem with it , nothing against it , just my experience and the LG is trash period , the Moto X is awesome for a stock (no chance of unlocking the BL) , i HAVE TO SAY IF I DIDNT GO CUSTOM THE MOTO X WOULD BE MY FONE!

Last edited:
May 12, 2014
been running avatar rom for damn near a year , I tried running a beta (very disastrous) ,was doing nightlies but stuck to a stable , now if you dont want kitkat stick with Blackstar (i think is the name ) cant be beat !

As far as the NOTE 2 goes ,Ive had problem after problem with it , nothing against it , just my experience and the LG is trash period , the Moto X is awesome for a stock (no chance of unlocking the BL) , i HAVE TO SAY IF I DIDNT GO CUSTOM THE MOTO X WOULD BE MY FONE!

Could you please link me to the right page for avatar? I cant seem to find it.

May 12, 2014

OK cool I found the thread for avatar. It's based on CM. How do you fix the echo issue (other end hears loud echo of them-self talking)?

beastlykings

Jan 7, 2009
Pinconning, MI
I'm still rocking the note!
Glad to see others are too. Sure it's had its problems over the years, but it's still running OK.
I had the power button issue, the GPS issue, and I'm on my 3rd battery, but I still love it!
I'm running Candy Kat 4.4, most stable for me I've found, but I'll have to look into the suggestions you've made on what your running right now, I'm do for a clean wipe anyway ;)

Sadly I am in the market for an upgrade, I will probably take a chance on the one plus one later this year (when it might be possible to find an invite without fighting a few hundred thousand other people for it).
I figure for the price it can't hurt to give it a go. I am without contract right now and I'd like to keep it that way lol.

*EDIT*
Also, I have the same echo issue, I never knew there was a fix?

ctown25

Jul 31, 2013
I love my Note but the USB port bummed out on me a few days ago. No longer charges, but I plan on getting it fixed. Beanstalk has been my DD for a month or so. I have been looking at other phones though, possibly a Nexus or HTC

joshparr

Jul 16, 2011
Indianapolis
While I have moved onto the Note 3 myself, my original note is still running strong for my mom. She was unsure about the size of the phone but after an hour of using it she said she'll never use another phone but the note. The custom ROMs pulled from this site have greatly lengthened it's life and useability.

PassingThruLife

Jun 6, 2012
if anyone wants to trade their note for a droid dna,hit me up. the droid dna is for verizon but it has a sim slot and works on any gsm network,no LTE tho but will get HSPA+.

beastlykings

Jan 7, 2009
Pinconning, MI
I'll honestly say, my phone still handles all the things I throw at it, just fine. Games like asphalt 8, etc, seem to run just fine.

I actually just got an invite for a oneplus one, so I will be upgrading. But if I didn't have the option, the note would still be fine.

If you're looking for a phone, and you don't want to spend a bunch of money, and it's in good condition, $70 isn't bad for a note. If I can get mine on a more stable Rom I'll probably give it to my mom, her galaxy s2 is giving her fits.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK cool I found the thread for avatar. It's based on CM. How do you fix the echo issue (other end hears loud echo of them-self talking)?

I dont have that issue and wasnt aware of it , I did have a similiar issue with my winfone Samsung Focus , cant remember how i cleared it but had to do with the secret menu on the phone itself