PC10img.zip from Tmobile store sd card

Search This thread
Oct 22, 2010
Great, thank you! Not looking forward to reinstalling all my apps but downgrading again from 2.3.3 would have been a lengthy process as well.

I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

xsteven77x

Jul 2, 2010
Pittsburgh
So does this mean a dev can finally tear this apart and give us some debloated roms with goodies added. Been trying to be patient :)

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

zkid2010

May 17, 2010
Spokane, WA
So does this mean a dev can finally tear this apart and give us some debloated roms with goodies added. Been trying to be patient :)

I hold out hope that someone can unpack and build a rooted flash out of this. Otherwise, it's going to be just like the leak in that once you flash it you're left sitting around waiting for someone to do something...anything with it.

Mad props to the OP for putting this up. This should definitely get a ball rolling since we now have the FULL PC10IMG ROM flash version of the newest build/GB available for the G2. :D

Interesting too - the newest stuff (tp's) in that archive are 7/29/2011 - soooo fresh

Last edited:

Kilroy672

May 31, 2008
The Buckeye State
Thanks for uploading this file. I updated my G2 last week. Kinda odd the update zip I used was only 73.1 MB and this one is 131.MB almost doubled. What is the differance between the two files. It seemed to update just fine from 2.2 to 2.3.4. Everything is running just smooth. Unless there are files and apps that I might be missing. I might give this a try again. Currently running 2.3.4 unrooted with S-ON. Still waiting for someone who can fully root the OTA 2.3.4 with S-OFF. Anyone know about the update zip that was leaked last week? Should I flash this one instead or keep what I have?

xsteven77x

Jul 2, 2010
Pittsburgh
I hold out hope that someone can unpack and build a rooted flash out of this. Otherwise, it's going to be just like the leak in that once you flash it you're left sitting around waiting for someone to do something...anything with it.

Mad props to the OP for putting this up. This should definitely get a ball rolling since we now have the FULL PC10IMG ROM flash version of the newest build/GB available for the G2. :D

Interesting too - the newest stuff (tp's) in that archive are 7/29/2011 - soooo fresh

We already got a rooted flash of this :) we need it tweaked up with someone who knows what there doing. Seems we have little development for our phones anymore so I'm not holding out that it will be soon.

Blink37x

Feb 3, 2009
North Augusta
Thanks for uploading this file. I updated my G2 last week. Kinda odd the update zip I used was only 73.1 MB and this one is 131.MB almost doubled. What is the differance between the two files. It seemed to update just fine from 2.2 to 2.3.4. Everything is running just smooth. Unless there are files and apps that I might be missing. I might give this a try again. Currently running 2.3.4 unrooted with S-ON. Still waiting for someone who can fully root the OTA 2.3.4 with S-OFF. Anyone know about the update zip that was leaked last week? Should I flash this one instead or keep what I have?

The update.zip is an update from 2.2 to 2.3.4. This PC10IMG.zip is the whole operating system. You can be on the first OS that shipped with the phone (2.2 but before wifi calling) and still use this file. To use the update.zip, you must be running the update that included wifi calling.

PC10IMG.zip will factory reset your phone.

atlp99

Jul 12, 2007
Just like blink said, this is the full system image, the update essentially just includes the updated code not the entire image.

My hope is that this will help the developers intigrate this into their roms.

zkid2010

May 17, 2010
Spokane, WA
We already got a rooted flash of this :) we need it tweaked up with someone who knows what there doing. Seems we have little development for our phones anymore so I'm not holding out that it will be soon.

lulwot? This is THE first I've seen of the PC10IMG - full ROM from the T-Mobile store sdcard update. If there is a rooted flash of this please provide the link. Like yesterday! ROFL

Otherwise, all we have or have had is a rooted franken-build flashable mashup of the OTA and whatever other stuff.

Like I said, if you got a link to the full rooted flash of THIS rom, I'm all ears :D

Again - huge props to @atlp99 who made good saying he would bring the in-store copy ASAP. Well done!

PS - @atlp99 I saw your thread and it looks like they deleted it. Regrettably unless your posting CM7 crap or some variation of that or some Sense rom, they seem to delete new threads.

@RM, question, why not just delete the Vision stuff off xda? Or, alternatively quit deleting **** you pinhead.

Last edited:

rr5678

Dec 25, 2009
Sorry im a newbie..do i just rename the file PC10IMG.ZIP and put it on my sd card, boot up into the bootloader and go from there? I did that with the earlier PC10IMG.ZIP 2.3.4 that was posted on this thread..can it override that??

No no, what this is is a stock 2.3.4 image created from the PC10IMG that will not overwrite hboot, will not kick you back to stock recovery, will not update your radio and is rooted.

Just flash it with CWM.

Vosko

Jan 4, 2009
just wanted to say this worked to upgrade the leaked 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 . you lose your apps but that's not a big deal

chagla

Nov 30, 2010
thanks!!! i had the leaked 2.3.3 and was gonna go through the painful process of downgrading then upgrading to 2.3.4

but this file saved all that work! wuhu!

Top Liked Posts