Device not showing in ADB but fastboot (Bootloop/can't enter recovery)

Search This thread

lmt1979

Feb 23, 2010
Havelock
I've kinda screwed myself here. I am in the bootloop most people talk about. I've tried fastboot flashing recoveries, tried erasing the cache before and after fastboot flash recovery commands. I had a ton of trouble initially flashing a recovery. Before I just flashed it over and over and it finally took.

I can fastboot devices and see my device/serial number but adb doesn't see anything.

I also don't have a bootable OS on the phone that I can see. (not that flashing in the OS worked anyway).

I have multiple computers/operating systems at my disposal and have tried: 32 bit Win 7, 64 bit Win8 and 8.1 and 32 bit Linux Mint(ubuntu)

Anyone have any advice I'd much appreciate it. Right now I have a pocket vibrating brick.

Last edited:

xenakis

Jul 22, 2011
Can you boot into the bootloader (boot holding power + volume down)? If so, can you select recovery and boot into it? You mentioned you flashed a recovery. Which one? Are you sure it was for the Verizon HTC One?

jbh00jh

Oct 7, 2007
Columbia, SC
I've kinda screwed myself here. I am in the bootloop most people talk about. I've tried fastboot flashing recoveries, tried erasing the cache before and after fastboot flash recovery commands. I had a ton of trouble initially flashing a recovery. Before I just flashed it over and over and it finally took.

I can fastboot devices and see my device/serial number but adb doesn't see anything.

I also don't have a bootable OS on the phone that I can see. (not that flashing in the OS worked anyway).

I have multiple computers/operating systems at my disposal and have tried: 32 bit Win 7, 64 bit Win8 and 8.1 and 32 bit Linux Mint(ubuntu)

Anyone have any advice I'd much appreciate it. Right now I have a pocket vibrating brick.

If you have a recovery you can use the Meenova external sd card device to flash a rom on your phone. I was in a simular situation and used the Meenova device to restore my OS with a rom. Google Meenova on XDA and the web.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1

jpradley

Jul 6, 2010
New York
If you have a recovery you can use the Meenova external sd card device to flash a rom on your phone. I was in a simular situation and used the Meenova device to restore my OS with a rom. Google Meenova on XDA and the web.

This Forum deals with the (Verizon version of) the HTC ONE, and no HTC ONE, whatever the carrier, has an accessible SD card.

jbh00jh

Oct 7, 2007
Columbia, SC
Need to do some research before you keep making a fool out of yourself. I did NOT say INTERNAL SD-CARD.
The Meenova SD-Card is an EXTERNAL unit that plugs into the phone's charging slot. You can store your roms,
photos, or other items you want to save. I have used mine many times so I know it works. A dude here at XDA developed it. Learn to read dude.

Reactions: The Stig 04

lmt1979

Feb 23, 2010
Havelock
I can get into the bootloader no problem and consistently. It won't make it to recovery. It sits at "Entering Bootloader..." and reboots. I have been flashing this version of TeamWin http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/164

I also tried the latest Clockwork .img as well.

http://download2.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-m7vzw.img

Can you boot into the bootloader (boot holding power + volume down)? If so, can you select recovery and boot into it? You mentioned you flashed a recovery. Which one? Are you sure it was for the Verizon HTC One?

lmt1979

Feb 23, 2010
Havelock

Meenova is an micro/mini usb drive/adapter? How would that work exactly.

Thanks again for the help everyone.

jbh00jh

Oct 7, 2007
Columbia, SC
You plug the sd card adaptor into your phone's charging slot. The sd card would have a rom or ruu downloaded on it.
Reboot into recovery and select the rom on the external sd - card and flash it. That should put you back on your rom
So you can use your phone.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

There are lots of videos on Youtube that show you how to use Meenova.

lmt1979

Feb 23, 2010
Havelock
You plug the sd card adaptor into your phone's charging slot. The sd card would have a rom or ruu downloaded on it.
Reboot into recovery and select the rom on the external sd - card and flash it. That should put you back on your rom
So you can use your phone.

Just ordered one from their website. I'm going to attempt to flash a rom via fastboot and see if that'll work. suppossedly that is accomplished by:

fastboot -w
fastboot update (/path/to/yourrom.zip)

I'll report back in case it works and can be helpful.

jbh00jh

Oct 7, 2007
Columbia, SC
That would probably work (fastboot), I just hate to use fastboot. But whatever gets the job done! Good luck.

lmt1979

Feb 23, 2010
Havelock
Just ordered one from their website. I'm going to attempt to flash a rom via fastboot and see if that'll work. suppossedly that is accomplished by:

fastboot -w
fastboot update (/path/to/yourrom.zip)

I'll report back in case it works and can be helpful.

Well it's a no go on the fastboot to flash a zip got an error on running the command

archive does not contain 'android-info.txt'
archive does not contain 'android-product.txt'
error: update package has no android-info.txt or android-product.txt

Thanks again everyone for your help I'll update WHEN I get it fixed lol, smartphones are a pita sometimes...at least I didn't have to wire trick the One.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Need to do some research before you keep making a fool out of yourself. I did NOT say INTERNAL SD-CARD.
    The Meenova SD-Card is an EXTERNAL unit that plugs into the phone's charging slot. You can store your roms,
    photos, or other items you want to save. I have used mine many times so I know it works. A dude here at XDA developed it. Learn to read dude.