[Q]~[HELP] SuperCID, Unlocked, Rooted, and S-OFF, how to restore to stock AT&T ROM?

Search This thread

farazhassankhan

Feb 25, 2012
Here is the command to change from CID:

fastboot oem writecid CWS__001

(note that CWS__001 has two underscores)

I have purchased a used at&t One X from one of my friends. It has "Locked" bootloader with SuperCID and S-OFF. Can I revert back to stock CID with having bootloader in "Locked" state or do I have to unlock bootloader first in order to get "fastboot oem writecid CWS__001" command working.

Phone is on 4.0.3 firmware and software number is 1.77.XXX. Phone is not able to receive any update when I try to update software in settings and I believe that is because of SuperCID.

PS: Bootloader is in "Locked" state not "Relocked"

Help would be appreciated

Thanks.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I have purchased a used at&t One X from one of my friends. It has "Locked" bootloader with SuperCID and S-OFF. Can I revert back to stock CID with having bootloader in "Locked" state or do I have to unlock bootloader first in order to get "fastboot oem writecid CWS__001" command working.

Phone is on 4.0.3 firmware and software number is 1.77.XXX. Phone is not able to receive any update when I try to update software in settings and I believe that is because of SuperCID.

Your belief would be wrong. Its not SuperCID that is preventing you from getting the update, but rather the fact that you missed a previous update (1.85, 2.20 and 3.18). The OTAs have to be installed in sequence, and if you somehow skip one it messes up the whole process and you can no longer update by the "normal" method of checking for updates in Settings. And not getting an update by no error of your own is not unusual (seen plenty of folks here that have had that issue). Probably just some glitch in the OTA systeam. So that is probably what caused you to be in your current situation.

I would suggest not messing with the CID, but rather just go to the following thread, download the AT&T 3.18 RUU to a Windows PC and run it with your phone attached by USB. This will get you on the latest available RUU (RUUs do not have to be installed in sequence as OTAs do). Then hopefully you will be able to get the 5.18 OTA that is currently rolling out.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37227608

Last edited:
Reactions: farazhassankhan

farazhassankhan

Feb 25, 2012
Your belief would be wrong. Its not SuperCID that is preventing you from getting the update, but rather the fact that you missed a previous update (1.85, 2.20 and 3.18). The OTAs have to be installed in sequence, and if you somehow skip one it messes up the whole process and you can no longer update by the "normal" method of checking for updates in Settings. And not getting an update by no error of your own is not unusual (seen plenty of folks here that have had that issue). Probably just some glitch in the OTA systeam. So that is probably what caused you to be in your current situation.

I would suggest not messing with the CID, but rather just go to the following thread, download the AT&T 3.18 RUU to a Windows PC and run it with your phone attached by USB. This will get you on the latest available RUU (RUUs do not have to be installed in sequence as OTAs do). Then hopefully you will be able to get the 5.18 OTA that is currently rolling out.

Thanks a lot mate. This was handy information. I have downloaded 3.18 RUU and will give it a try today. I will update you whatever happens next.

Cheers.

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

farazhassankhan

Feb 25, 2012

Ok, I have successfully flashed 3.18 RUU and everything is back to stock now. CID has been changed back to CWS__001 in bootloader as well.
However I have noticed one thing that Camera does take a picture but picture doeant get saved in Galary.
Any Idea??

Edited: Camera Pictures are getting Saved in Galary.

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could be. HTC One X is not available on att.com now, so your link can't explain at this moment.

From here, https://www.paywithisis.com/get-started.html, it says AT&T HTC One X is compatible.

Yes, I later realized that One X is not available at all anymore from AT&T (and that it is supposed to be ISIS ready), and revised my above response accordingly.

In addition, I do have a ISIS compatible SIM card from AT&T. The reason I suspect it is due to CID is that it is “heard" from this forum that ISIS doesn't work if you put an AT&T SIM card in the T-mobile version of GN3 (unlocked).

It could also be that they are looking at the phone model number. So SuperCID is a possibility, but not certain.

Its easy to change from SuperCID with a simple fastboot command. Just search this forum for the proper syntax.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Here is the command to change from CID:

fastboot oem writecid CWS__001

(note that CWS__001 has two underscores)