Kitkat download failure

Search This thread

ibcenu

Oct 12, 2010
I posted in the noob thread with no response. .I've searched xda and the net via google.
My issue is non logical and selective programs that will not allow down loading to the internal storage. .yes I saw the long list of not downloading to the sd card, but mine is internal memory. The external sd works fine.
I was running bone stock 4.4.2 for a week no issues. I rooted via cf autoroot and lost ability to save files from any program I found ..zedge..swift key language pack..chrome etc.
Last night did a full wipe and factory reset in twrp. Then restored from backup the stock nae found here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50668765
And still have same issues except this time Internet Explorer is allowing image downloads to the internal memory?? Other programs are still the same.
Thanks
EDIT
Update - Found TWRP has an issue that causes loss write abiltity to internal storage with some roms after you do a restore...read about in in the Sacs Thread

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ibcenu

Oct 12, 2010
So, tryed flashing unknowns stock rom and after multiple fix permissions wipes etc AND reading about 20 plus pages of the thread, had more problems than the other stock rom
Seems others had internal download issues, but maybe some kind person here could direct me to a solution as they did not appear to have one?? At this Time, Im sorry I ever rooted this thing...S3 and all my old phones rocked..this thing stinks...thanks samsung.... anyway...is there anyway to return to stock, I know I did it on MK2, just not sure on NAE and just dont wanna screw this thing up more than it is

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
So, tryed flashing unknowns stock rom and after multiple fix permissions wipes etc AND reading about 20 plus pages of the thread, had more problems than the other stock rom
Seems others had internal download issues, but maybe some kind person here could direct me to a solution as they did not appear to have one?? At this Time, Im sorry I ever rooted this thing...S3 and all my old phones rocked..this thing stinks...thanks samsung.... anyway...is there anyway to return to stock, I know I did it on MK2, just not sure on NAE and just dont wanna screw this thing up more than it is

Stock unrooted NAE? If so, download the tar that is on Dev section by random45. Use Odin to flash it. Back up anything important just in case.

Reactions: ibcenu

pacoz

Apr 28, 2011
arizona
I was having the same problem with sac's rom v2. I am now running Negalite WonderRom r19. Downloads are fast. I recommend this rom.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ibcenu

Oct 12, 2010
So I found the culpert. TWRP recovery. I went back to unrooted stock and started over.. TWRP seems to work great, but after flashing a couple roms, then restoring my Stock rooted version of 4.4.2.. I lost write to internal again:confused:
Last night started reading thru Sacs thread and found it to be an issue for some and not others. I still do not fully know, but in reading, some say TWRP works, just not with all roms

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
So I found the culpert. TWRP recovery. I went back to unrooted stock and started over.. TWRP seems to work great, but after flashing a couple roms, then restoring my Stock rooted version of 4.4.2.. I lost write to internal again:confused:
Last night started reading thru Sacs thread and found it to be an issue for some and not others. I still do not fully know, but in reading, some say TWRP works, just not with all roms

Just throwing this out there.. I've had no problems at all using Philz Recovery. Even with the ROMs that say TWRP is recommended. Its never let me down maybe worth a shot?!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Stock unrooted NAE? If so, download the tar that is on Dev section by random45. Use Odin to flash it. Back up anything important just in case.