Anyone having a gap issues ???

Search This thread

Stalkalainen

Jul 21, 2012
This is a little concerning if I am honest, the 4K video heat thing is a bit obvious though and you should only be taking short videos with it.

Definitely going to be waiting a little while to see how the launch in the uk goes before deciding what I get

BR4DOKYBrazil

Sep 20, 2011
Londrina
None here but this unit from Taiwan, not Singapore.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

So far no problems with the units of Singapore?

One of that picture is my phone lol

It's a joke or true ??? o_O

This is a little concerning if I am honest, the 4K video heat thing is a bit obvious though and you should only be taking short videos with it.

Definitely going to be waiting a little while to see how the launch in the uk goes before deciding what I get

I also do not see it as a problem but as normal, since 4K requires more processing power!

earthtk

Jan 27, 2012
Yup its true... I think this problem is in international set. Taiwan uses another model.

JmJ17

Dec 16, 2005
Jaen
I've gotten two Z1 Compact and both had the gap. One more than other.

I don't know if it is relatively normal or simply a not so good construction by Sony.

kersey

May 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S20
Has it been confirmed that the gap compromises the waterproof qualities of the phone or is it just sloppy construction??

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

earthtk

Jan 27, 2012
Has it been confirmed that the gap compromises the waterproof qualities of the phone or is it just sloppy construction??

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I guess it's the construction. But I didn't pay my money for sloppy QC.. My front camera alignment is way off. The hole is nearly touching the glass edge

Reactions: kersey

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
Actully, don`t care about the gaps, it`s just not quite exactly glued the glass, need to rotate counterclockwise just a little bit :)
Much more concerned about single speaker plaiyng when incoming calls :(
This is a fail of the fails!

Last edited:

d1ng0d4n

Sep 25, 2011
This is a little worrying. But as with all new devices, there's release bugs.

Ordering my Z2 (Purple with any luck) in a couple of weeks when we have them available here in Australia. Hopefully the batches coming to us are a little more refined. The single speaker on calls should be a simple software update I would imagine. Same for 4K recording overheating, but hell, the power of such a small camera in a thin device, can't expect to record much more than a few minutes regardless.

Top Liked Posts