KitKat Battery drain heat issue fixed

Search This thread

Geoffxx

Apr 2, 2013
I can now say with some degree of certainty that I have fixed the KK battery drain heating issue and it does make sense and my thoughts on google profiling seem to be correct just that I didn't realise this particular issue could be disabled in settings.

Symptoms of problem

1. Phone not sleeping (staying warm on standby)
2. Not Charging correctly (longe time or not able to charge)
3. Media Server staying active (scanning SD card worse if you have large external SF loaded with files)
4. Sluggish performance

Simple cure

Go to settings/accounts/google/Ads and tick box for "opt out of interest based Ads"

also note that the long named folder on your internal and external sd similar to this .hgsdgfasfueuedhfyjei is your ads id that google uses to profile your content - this process requires that google scans your files and if you have nearly 80gb then it causes obvious problems, this folder only appeared after upgrade to KK

jancarlos1597

Oct 17, 2011
Let me test and I'll let you know if it work.

Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

masterv1

Dec 24, 2008
I have to say that this isnt a fix, i have had this setting since it is there and since I upgraded to kk the heat problem.

Gesendet von meinem C6903

Geoffxx

Apr 2, 2013
yes there may be other causes which I may also have mentioned here, google has admitted there is an issue with the camera module and apps that call it like Skype - to be fixed in 4.4.3

I have worked with this problem now for weeks and this is the first major step in finding a complete solution for my Z1 - give it a while before you denounce it, you may have apps that are not written for KK that can cause issues - I have already ruled them out and was still left with a serious problem - the Ads setting fixed it 100%, I am now gradually installing apps again

This is a complex problem

Reactions: whoami_amiu

masterv1

Dec 24, 2008
I found out that deactivating wifi optimization will help a bit with heat and battery.

Gesendet von meinem C6903

del1701

yes there may be other causes which I may also have mentioned here, google has admitted there is an issue with the camera module and apps that call it like Skype - to be fixed in 4.4.3

I have worked with this problem now for weeks and this is the first major step in finding a complete solution for my Z1 - give it a while before you denounce it, you may have apps that are not written for KK that can cause issues - I have already ruled them out and was still left with a serious problem - the Ads setting fixed it 100%, I am now gradually installing apps again

Thanks Geoffxx you are right that this is a very complex problem and Google should have issued a fix long before now but when they do how long will it be before Sony release it? Also why have Google bought these new security measures in knowing that a lot of the apps on their app store are not compatible and it will cripple a lot of their users phones?
I'm a hundred percent behind you in what your saying and for me Google are leaving a very bitter taste in my mouth and apple or wp are looking very attractive at the moment unfortunately [emoji20]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

juliospinoza

Jan 9, 2012
Tepic
My problem was solved when I used wakelock terminator on Google Play services. I think I'd related with ads and location services. So far so good not issues with Google now.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1399274828204.jpg
    1399274828204.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,007
Reactions: whoami_amiu

nalab1

Oct 17, 2008
Dunstable
If I tick the "opt out of interest based Ads" from settings can I delete the file named like .hgsdgfasfueuedhfyjei ?

Regards,

Alan

pehkblui

Jul 9, 2010
Never ending story...
Tell me why do I not have those problems with battery?

I don't really have a battery drain issues, and occasionally the phone gets quite warm after I have used it for a while.
I do have a 64G external SD which is nearly full, and I do suffer from sluggishness sometimes. It was like in the 2.2 days where you get occasional jerkiness while scrolling. Never had these problems before 4.4.

Also, it takes a long time for the call screen to go off after I terminate a call - don't think this has anything to do with this ads stuff, but ...

Geoffxx

Apr 2, 2013
Never ending story...

everyone has different configurations apps setting attachments etc - in my case I had SW2 (with it's apps) apps that I had installed over the years from XZ which I like to use - 64gn Ext SD installed

I worked for weeks to try and cure this issue since KK release, hours of deleting/disabling apps processes - wiping my phone completely - removing the ext sd card and reformatting, then scanning all the files with various tools and putting them back on the SD

sometimes I got a result and the phone would calm down for a day but then returned with a vengeance, it reached a point were the only way I could charge the phone in the dock was to turn it off as the charger didn't have enough to compensate for the drain

the issue always seemed related to the ext SD if I unmounted the card it vastly improved but still wasn't just quite right, the clear indication that a problem existed was the heat and the mediaserver using 40% of battery

I am very protective of my data and my privacy and opt out of everything possible - no clouds - no syncs - don't use FB or twitter - all google/sony social stuff is disabled as much as possible but the one I missed was the Ads setting in accounts/google not sure if it existed in 4.3 - once I ticked that box my phone is 100% normal, I have installed my apps back again and everything is still running smooth and cold, my phone can now go 2+ days without needing recharged which is much better than <6 hours

It is fixed 100% and I can say that with complete confidence

If you still have an issue then here are the steps I would advise

remove all installed hardware - check

Remove all user installed apps - check

if still have a problem do a repair update with PCC

return device to sony to check for hardware fault

PS forgot to mention - no need to delete those long folders .hhfdhfhsysyfghshsusd they will keep coming back

Last edited:
Reactions: firegras

Geoffxx

Apr 2, 2013
I don't really have a battery drain issues, and occasionally the phone gets quite warm after I have used it for a while.
I do have a 64G external SD which is nearly full, and I do suffer from sluggishness sometimes. It was like in the 2.2 days where you get occasional jerkiness while scrolling. Never had these problems before 4.4.

Also, it takes a long time for the call screen to go off after I terminate a call - don't think this has anything to do with this ads stuff, but ...

I saw symptoms like this when I inadvertently enabled some double tap/magnification option in accessibility settings, it went away once I disabled it

Jonas740

Apr 17, 2014
i think

now there's a man with all the answers lol

I expect my Z1 to last more than 5 hours on standby in my pocket

it is now lasting over 3 days without charge

Sorry to hear about battery draining issues.

This is actually something that works on my phone, but i have however noticed a decrease in batterylife and i havent changed anything.

But fully charged 5 in the morning and modest use to 15:00(some msg, music and so on). after that i use it like nonstop with the screen on and at about 21:00 the battery says about 10%. i think that is pretty good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can now say with some degree of certainty that I have fixed the KK battery drain heating issue and it does make sense and my thoughts on google profiling seem to be correct just that I didn't realise this particular issue could be disabled in settings.

Symptoms of problem

1. Phone not sleeping (staying warm on standby)
    2. Not Charging correctly (longe time or not able to charge)
    3. Media Server staying active (scanning SD card worse if you have large external SF loaded with files)
    4. Sluggish performance

Simple cure

Go to settings/accounts/google/Ads and tick box for "opt out of interest based Ads"

also note that the long named folder on your internal and external sd similar to this .hgsdgfasfueuedhfyjei is your ads id that google uses to profile your content - this process requires that google scans your files and if you have nearly 80gb then it causes obvious problems, this folder only appeared after upgrade to KK
    Battery drains, no matter what you do, processor eats energy and so do other sensors :( ... :cyclops:

now there's a man with all the answers lol

I expect my Z1 to last more than 5 hours on standby in my pocket

it is now lasting over 3 days without charge

My problem was solved when I used wakelock terminator on Google Play services. I think I'd related with ads and location services. So far so good not issues with Google now.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Never ending story...

everyone has different configurations apps setting attachments etc - in my case I had SW2 (with it's apps) apps that I had installed over the years from XZ which I like to use - 64gn Ext SD installed

I worked for weeks to try and cure this issue since KK release, hours of deleting/disabling apps processes - wiping my phone completely - removing the ext sd card and reformatting, then scanning all the files with various tools and putting them back on the SD

sometimes I got a result and the phone would calm down for a day but then returned with a vengeance, it reached a point were the only way I could charge the phone in the dock was to turn it off as the charger didn't have enough to compensate for the drain

the issue always seemed related to the ext SD if I unmounted the card it vastly improved but still wasn't just quite right, the clear indication that a problem existed was the heat and the mediaserver using 40% of battery

I am very protective of my data and my privacy and opt out of everything possible - no clouds - no syncs - don't use FB or twitter - all google/sony social stuff is disabled as much as possible but the one I missed was the Ads setting in accounts/google not sure if it existed in 4.3 - once I ticked that box my phone is 100% normal, I have installed my apps back again and everything is still running smooth and cold, my phone can now go 2+ days without needing recharged which is much better than <6 hours

It is fixed 100% and I can say that with complete confidence

If you still have an issue then here are the steps I would advise

remove all installed hardware - check

Remove all user installed apps - check

if still have a problem do a repair update with PCC

return device to sony to check for hardware fault

PS forgot to mention - no need to delete those long folders .hhfdhfhsysyfghshsusd they will keep coming back