[Q] Help with mobile connection

Search This thread

ebtek220

Sep 18, 2010
So earlier today I booted into stock recovery and wiped the cache partition in the hopes that it might get the bugs out and speed my N5 up a bit. Well, while wiping the cache partition the phone frozen. I held the power button to reboot the device. The phone booted up fine, but I've seemed to have lost my carrier settings. I've taken the sim in and out several times and cannot get the device to connect to a mobile network. Carrier settings is not present under settings so I cannot manually update the profile. The phone is stock and running on the Sprint network. Anyone have any ideas how to get this thing working again? Thanks for your help!

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Have you tried resetting your APNs back to default as well as setting preferred network to LTE/CDMA?

ebtek220

Sep 18, 2010
Yes that's what i mean. Carrier Settings is missing as an option. I tired to do a factory reset under settings but when I click the button nothing happens. This is very odd.

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
So earlier today I booted into stock recovery and wiped the cache partition in the hopes that it might get the bugs out and speed my N5 up a bit. Well, while wiping the cache partition the phone frozen. I held the power button to reboot the device. The phone booted up fine, but I've seemed to have lost my carrier settings. I've taken the sim in and out several times and cannot get the device to connect to a mobile network. Carrier settings is not present under settings so I cannot manually update the profile. The phone is stock and running on the Sprint network. Anyone have any ideas how to get this thing working again? Thanks for your help!

This happened to me before. I wiped cache, it seemed like it hung up so I rebooted and lost network connectivity. Lucky for me (and you) it's easily fixable. Go back into recovery and wipe cache again. This time let it finish. It might seem like it's stuck but just let it run its course. When it's done, boot it back up and everything should be fine.

ebtek220

Sep 18, 2010
This happened to me before. I wiped cache, it seemed like it hung up so I rebooted and lost network connectivity. Lucky for me (and you) it's easily fixable. Go back into recovery and wipe cache again. This time let it finish. It might seem like it's stuck but just let it run its course. When it's done, boot it back up and everything should be fine.

Thanks for the message; I wish I would have seen it sooner. I did fix the issue, but in a round about way. I tried to do a factory reset in recovery and the same thing happened it just froze up... or maybe was just was taking a long time. Anyway my impatience lead me to reboot, well that put me into a boot loop. Great... So i decide the only way out of this was to flash a factory image. Upon unlocking the bootloader and rebooting from fastboot all is back to normal. I hadn't planned on rooting my N5, but I'm this far now I might as well do it. Thanks everyone for the insight!