[Q] Next Sony Flagship Device

Search This thread

defsix

Aug 18, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 III
So we've all seen the leaked images of the Sony D6503 Sirius . Is this device going to be the next Xperia Z, in other words the 1st half of the year flagship device ? Only then to be replaced by a replacement of the Xperia Z1 in the 2nd half of the year ?

I've come to the conclusion that the 2nd half of the year models are generally better, they have refined all the mistakes in the earlier model. For example they made the Z waterproof but we were stuck with flaps for the headphone jack, no camera button and an early dock connector. They corrected all these things in the Z1. If I remember correctly they did the same thing with the Xperia S and T. The 1st half of the year flagship take a big jump in design and features but can be a little rough around the edges , the 2nd half devices are more finished in my opinion.

I've have the Xperia S and now the Z. I'm wanting to jump onto the 2nd half of the year devices (Not buy 2 handsets in one year). Thats why i'm curious is the new Sirius early flagship or the late one ?

Does anyone else agree with my thoughts on this ?

ziich

Mar 1, 2013
Jacksonville
RE: Next Sony Flagship Device

well according to the rumors, it looks like a marginal upgrade from z1 but it still sports the same soc and camera and very similar hardware design. personally i do not see a reason to uograde

Vivoin3d

Jun 5, 2011
So we've all seen the leaked images of the Sony D6503 Sirius . Is this device going to be the next Xperia Z, in other words the 1st half of the year flagship device ? Only then to be replaced by a replacement of the Xperia Z1 in the 2nd half of the year ?

I've come to the conclusion that the 2nd half of the year models are generally better, they have refined all the mistakes in the earlier model. For example they made the Z waterproof but we were stuck with flaps for the headphone jack, no camera button and an early dock connector. They corrected all these things in the Z1. If I remember correctly they did the same thing with the Xperia S and T. The 1st half of the year flagship take a big jump in design and features but can be a little rough around the edges , the 2nd half devices are more finished in my opinion.

I've have the Xperia S and now the Z. I'm wanting to jump onto the 2nd half of the year devices (Not buy 2 handsets in one year). Thats why i'm curious is the new Sirius early flagship or the late one ?

Does anyone else agree with my thoughts on this ?
I'm more curious to know, if all the new apps will be available to the old Xperia Z Series. I had Smart Backlight and Motion Control on my old Galaxy SII.....

defsix

Aug 18, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 III
I'm more curious to know, if all the new apps will be available to the old Xperia Z Series. I had Smart Backlight and Motion Control on my old Galaxy SII.....

What usually happens is, in this case, everything before the Z will be left behind in the next major update. But.. this could change anytime of course with KitKat being a lighter OS version than previous allowing for weaker handsets to still perform with new updates.

Yes. I want all the new apps on my Z now, i'm sick of installing ports from newer devices to my current device that isn't even 12 months old !

chefnoob

Jan 18, 2012
Sydney
What good is having up to date hardware when it's not even optimized software-wise?
#cameraofz1 #justpracticingmyhashtaggingskills :)

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

id3alistic

Dec 19, 2011
Yeah... I don't really want to upgrade to the Z1 because the bezel is bigger. They need to keep it the same size as the Z in future phones.

marcoplo

Nov 4, 2010
It does not give any ROI buying the phone now because the S800 finishing its life span in terms of the king of the benchmark. I am waiting for snapdragon 805 that is because it graphics benefit and it would be " future proof" because it is 64 bit. I am pretty sure that Qualcomm is going finishing the support for it because successor of the kitkat would be 64 bit so it will be a good excuse to just abandon devices business is business :p

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
It does not give any ROI buying the phone now because the S800 finishing its life span in terms of the king of the benchmark. I am waiting for snapdragon 805 that is because it graphics benefit and it would be " future proof" because it is 64 bit. I am pretty sure that Qualcomm is going finishing the support for it because successor of the kitkat would be 64 bit so it will be a good excuse to just abandon devices business is business :p

Erm, S805 isn't 64 bits, and there is no info Android 4.5 or 5.0 or whatever will be 64 bits...

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

adamtan

Jun 20, 2011
the Z was the first proper flagship phone from Sony. Waterproof features and all.
It was the first and there were many lessons learnt from it. ie: flaps, display, bezel etc etc

Thus, come the Z1 which address the issues above (earphones without flaps, magnetic cable charging without opening flap, etc)
Hence, I would think the changes to the new phone itself would be marginal. be it Z2 or Z3 etc.
Even in the looks dept, there wouldnt be much difference because Sony is taking the Omnidesign as the core

The difference would be in the hardware spec IMO
But I seriously hope the camera would be improved cos we have the hardware for it.
I'm still hoping there will be Red for the new phone. I would move if there's Red. if not I might think twice about "upgrading" from Z to Z2

defsix

Aug 18, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 III
the Z was the first proper flagship phone from Sony. Waterproof features and all.
It was the first and there were many lessons learnt from it. ie: flaps, display, bezel etc etc

Thus, come the Z1 which address the issues above (earphones without flaps, magnetic cable charging without opening flap, etc)
Hence, I would think the changes to the new phone itself would be marginal. be it Z2 or Z3 etc.
Even in the looks dept, there wouldnt be much difference because Sony is taking the Omnidesign as the core

The difference would be in the hardware spec IMO
But I seriously hope the camera would be improved cos we have the hardware for it.
I'm still hoping there will be Red for the new phone. I would move if there's Red. if not I might think twice about "upgrading" from Z to Z2

Its the Z3 i'm waiting for so!