[Q] Touch stopped working!

Search This thread

Tucasiqueira

Aug 5, 2013
I was taking photos in the pool and everything was fine. But after a few minutes outside the water, the touch suddenly stopped working. The water indicators are all white and everything but the touch are still working. I can even take pictures.

I have restarted, factory reseted, put a new firmware and nothing seens to solve it. Must be a hardware problem. Any sugestions?

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
There aren't any water indicators on Z1. You already did what you should. Last thing is to flash a new FTF via Flashtool and if this will not solve the problem then it's a hardware failure and go for replacement.

Tucasiqueira

Aug 5, 2013
Then you should go for international warranty from Sony Service, call them.

BTW, I think you confusing the reset button with the indicator. Trust me there is no any indicator. You can say this all day, trust me.

there are actualy 2. One near the sim slot and one in the sd card slot. It's a litte white retangle, just look to the bottom of the slots and you should see it

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
there are actualy 2. One near the sim slot and one in the sd card slot. It's a litte white retangle, just look to the bottom of the slots and you should see it

Sorry, my Z1 is normal, your have to be special. There is no any indicator. Type on XDA "Z1 Indicators" and you will read about it more deeply. I am not new to this so stop telling me this crap.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth

Xecu

Jan 19, 2014
Googling "Xperia z1 water indicator" reveals that there actually is at least 1 physical indicator. Maybe it's model-specific or there are just a lot lot of people with a misunderstanding.

Either way, you should go for the warranty and contact the Sony support.
Since its only your touchscreen that stopped working, chances are good that it's can be repaired by an independent phone repair center, but that would cost a bit.

Good luck :)

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
My Z1s doesn't have any indicators under the flaps either. There might be one inside, but nothing on the flaps.

Top Liked Posts