[ANDROID] Myn’s Warm Donut - [RLS 5 - 04/24/2010] - Support For Kaiser

Search This thread
Jan 17, 2010
England
Thanks for this thread, it's helped a lot! Pretty sure I read all the pages :/

Anyway, is there any chance that you could re-upload the links in the first post? I tried downloading :

Warm Donut RLS 5 with Kaiser updates integrated including battery

And it seems that the link is dead :( Thanks again :D

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
Gentlemen, this here, is Android Donut, version 1.6.
It is old, outdated... You'll be much better with Froyo or perhaps Gingerbread. Worstcase, Eclair.

Jan 17, 2010
England
Gentlemen, this here, is Android Donut, version 1.6.
It is old, outdated... You'll be much better with Froyo or perhaps Gingerbread. Worstcase, Eclair.

But the thing is, this build was extremely stable for me, apart from the fact that WiFi didnt work. There is a version that has a wifi fix on it, it's just that the link is dead. If the link was updated, then I'd be using this version no problem.

My phone is old, outdated. I think it's only fitting that I don't strain it by putting on some intense version of Android on it, or overclocking it. I like Myns Warm Donut, and I'd just like him to update the link so I can download a version that has the wifi and battery fixed on it, or I'll just go back to using RLS4.

Also my USB port is broken, so I can only run things from the SD card (can't flash any .nbh files or anything). I know that this version works on SD with the radio version I have on my phone already, but I don't know that about any other releases.

So please, I just need the links updated so I can download a fixed version of this lovely build :)

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
But the thing is, this build was extremely stable for me, apart from the fact that WiFi didnt work. There is a version that has a wifi fix on it, it's just that the link is dead. If the link was updated, then I'd be using this version no problem.

Android 2.2 is faster than 1.6, and lighter on ram. That's not relative to this device, its a general rule.

My phone is old, outdated. I think it's only fitting that I don't strain it by putting on some intense version of Android on it, or overclocking it. I like Myns Warm Donut, and I'd just like him to update the link so I can download a version that has the wifi and battery fixed on it, or I'll just go back to using RLS4.

This Myrn Warm Donut ported to Kaiser. It's not Myrn responsability to update the links :D it's the OP :D
Also my USB port is broken, so I can only run things from the SD card (can't flash any .nbh files or anything). I know that this version works on SD with the radio version I have on my phone already, but I don't know that about any other releases.

You can flash NBH's from the SD Card. Rename NBh's to KAISIMG.nbh and put them on the root of the SD Card.

So please, I just need the links updated so I can download a fixed version of this lovely build :)

:D Can't help with that :D

Reactions: kljoki
Jan 17, 2010
England
Nah I can't seem to flash any .nbh file from my SD card. I press the buttons and press the reset button, and it flashes up with "no file found" (or something like that) for a split second, then just stays on the tricolour screen.

I just assumed that Myn was the OP, but whoever it is I'd be very appreciative if they could just re-upload the content and provide some working links :( I'm using a standard android build at the moment, seems to be working okay, but Myns Warm Donut was so sexy I don't think I can stand being on such a basic build anymore :(

EDIT : Myn IS the OP! Lol if either Myn or Millence could reupload the links, that would be awesome :D I don't think it's too much of a big request though :(

Ttblondey

Jan 1, 2008
Here you go:

Installation:

NoMoRootFS Instructions for SDCard:

1. Download either the 320x480 or 240x320 version
  2. Backup! than, clear whatever "android" stuff you have from sdcard (I dont want it to get caught up in the install) especially your andboot folder
  3. Extract contents of downloaded zip to temporary directory
  4. Copy extracted /andboot folder to the ROOT of your SDCard
  5. Run HaRET, than hit “run” to launch android
  6. Press and hold center of dpad after hitting "run" and follow the directions in the NoMoRootFs menu system

NoMoRootFS Instructions for NAND:

2. Extract contents of downloaded zip to temporary directory
  3. Using the androidinstall.tar file follow the directions here

Classic SQSH method:

1. Download SQSH package
  2. Backup! than, clear whatever "android" stuff you have from sdcard (I dont want it to get caught up in the install) especially your android folder
  4. Copy extracted /Android folder to the ROOT of your SDCard

What's the difference between those three.I'm a noob.Would like to know the difference the android rom available in the forum before I 'Haret' my kaiser.

Jan 17, 2010
England

Thank you so much! I know it's old but I found this build, I loved it and just wanted a couple of things to work with it! Thank you so much for reuploading these links for us :)

EDIT : Just installed it, wifi works perfectly! The only trouble I'm having is the battery indicator is wrong, but I know that's because I don't have a newer Radio version installed (and unfortunately I have been unsuccesful in flashing a .nbh file from my SD Card), so that's fine :D Thanks again! :D

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2010
England
Hi, Gordon.. Can u help me??
I just want to know.. What the different between the three of them??

The top one is the standard Myn release, with WiFi and battery update intergrated by Millence.

The second one is an odexed version of Warm Donut (runs faster)

The 3rd one is optimised for if your Kaiser is running in 120dpi.

For most, I'd say just use the top 1, but I have been using the Odexed version and it's damn fast. I don't think you can install skin packs or anything with the odexed version though because everything is stored in data.img and system.img, there were no other folders outside of /andboot.

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
Odexed is damned fast for me as well. I installed it on a whim last night on my spare Kaiser.

I did notice one thing... The video recorder, when called upon, doesn't FC on this, where as EVERY other build I've tried WILL force close.

What is in this build, other than Donut, that makes this possible?

I dug through the drivers of other builds looking for something wrong, not seeing a damned thing, even in the kernel.

Jan 17, 2010
England
I don't know, the camera on the Kaiser is terrible anyway, so it's not really an issue for me. Still got this build running now, it's so smooth and clean :D

truckaveli

Jan 16, 2012
Here you go:

Installation:

NoMoRootFS Instructions for SDCard:

2. Backup! than, clear whatever "android" stuff you have from sdcard (I dont want it to get caught up in the install) especially your andboot folder
  4. Copy extracted /andboot folder to the ROOT of your SDCard
  6. Press and hold center of dpad after hitting "run" and follow the directions in the NoMoRootFs menu system

NoMoRootFS Instructions for NAND:

2. Extract contents of downloaded zip to temporary directory
  3. Using the androidinstall.tar file follow the directions here

Classic SQSH method:

1. Download SQSH package
  2. Backup! than, clear whatever "android" stuff you have from sdcard (I dont want it to get caught up in the install) especially your android folder
  4. Copy extracted /Android folder to the ROOT of your SDCard
im having a problem with my tilt rom installed fine but i cant get a back button working everything is either taking me bk to the home screen or putting my phone to sleep plz help

darijo56

Feb 24, 2011
Broken link's...

There's no wifi or battery update for sqsh version avilable for download on this thread..pls fix sqsh links....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There recently has been quite a bit of discussion and support questions pertaining to the Kaiser device on Warm Donut.

To keep these device specific discussions separated and organized we will use this as the official Kaiser support thread.

As I don't own a Kaiser device I will be relying heavily on this strong community for assistance :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warm Donut RLS 5 with Kaiser updates integrated including battery (Thanks Millence)
    Warm Donut RLS 5 with Kaiser updates integrated Odex Repack (Thanks Millence)

RLS 4 Wifi update + Home Screen load time update for Kaiser (Thanks citrit)

WiFi enabled SQSH files for Kaiser users: (Thanks to noside12123)

240x320@120dpi optimized version of Warm Donut (Thanks to Millence [07-22-2010])

FAQ

• Q: How do I get my battery level representing the correct value?
    • A: Thanks to huttonjd, a fix is available here
    Screenshots:

FlipClock.png
    HomeScreen1NexusLauncher.png
    LauncherNexus1.png

Dialer.png
    Contacts.png
    Widgets.png

DeskClock.png
    CarHome.png
    Launcher.png

NewsWeather.png
    NewsWeather2.png
    calculator.png

Music1.png
    Music2.png
    LockScreen.png
    Cell tower location does not work. From what I understand there is a fix for the RIL (hexadecimal conversion) but so far no one has incorporated it into the builder for Kaiser. I'm not sure whether that will goes into the NBH or the release.

Also ADB does not work at least for Windows. I understand this is an across the board issue for NAND installation.
    I finally got this installed to NAND on my Tilt about an hour ago. My first time using Android. Freakin' loving it so far. Haven't tried everything yet, but everything I have tried works great, including data. Great work Myn. You are a gentleman and a scholar. :D

Firstly, if my screen turns itself off after a period of inactivity for a few minutes, when it comes back, all I can see is a stripey screen and have to soft reset. Its happening every time the screen turns off :(
    Same thing happens to me, except the screen just flickers the striped part for a split second, then it goes away. Was wondering wtf that was all about.
    Secondly, when setting up my apn for my carrier, it wouldn't save it, so I tried editing one of the 2 defaults, but deleted that too when I tried to save it. However, did get round this by changing 1 field at a time and saving until I isolated it to the MCC field. If I leave that alone, it works! Strange. I suspect I could create a new apn entry and save it if I don't change MCC.
    I have the same issue, but I just pulled the battery and restarted the phone as someone earlier suggested, and now 3G is working. The APN is still not showing, but at least data works now. I've been afraid to mess with it further, I don't want to lose my data.

EDIT: figured out the striped screen issue. It's the resolution of the .nbh you have flashed. You are probably flashed to kaisimg-panel2-428-tilt-18-03-10.nbh like I was. I went HERE and downloaded kaisimg-panel3-320-tilt-18-03-10.nbh. Just throw it on the root of your sdcard and flash it through the bootloader real quick. It will change your kernel to a different resolution, and you'll actually be able to read the text on your screen lol. Your apps and stuff will be fine.