[Kernel][BML][MTD][CM7][CM9][MIUI] G'BYE SAMURAI

Should we add a Kernel Splash Logo ? ? ?

• Yes

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • NO

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ashbuly

Dec 26, 2011
Niles
Some advice if I may and is purely a suggestion :

Get rid of go launcher that thing is a ram hog and pulls too much data for "staticstics" regardless if its off....And get rid of juice defender and toggle data and wifi your self that's what widgets and the pull down is for I always have and has saved me money and battery....
Go into running processes and end everything should only be the settings google services and the keyboard app running. Have you also done the build.prop tweak for vm heap? If not do this

dalvik.vm.heapsize=92m. <-change it if its not already this
And add these two lines above it in numerical order (lowest to highest)

dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=10m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=32

This should keep ram more readily availble and reduce ram and battery consumption.

Sent From My SPH-D700 Running Android 4.0 :sly:

If he is running the latest CM9 a4, those values are already set at higher values in the ROM. They also should have nothing to do with apps starting of their own accord. I recommend ROMToolbox. Go into the auto start manager, slide to applications and disable anything other than Goolge and system stuff. Makes a HUGE difference on battery life!!!

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Some advice if I may and is purely a suggestion :

Get rid of go launcher that thing is a ram hog and pulls too much data for "staticstics" regardless if its off....And get rid of juice defender and toggle data and wifi your self that's what widgets and the pull down is for I always have and has saved me money and battery....
Go into running processes and end everything should only be the settings google services and the keyboard app running. Have you also done the build.prop tweak for vm heap? If not do this

dalvik.vm.heapsize=92m. <-change it if its not already this
And add these two lines above it in numerical order (lowest to highest)

dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=10m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=32

This should keep ram more readily availble and reduce ram and battery consumption.

I was using LPP then they said the same thing but does the widget close apps and allow certain apps to use data Nope. And no ill have to wait for Nightly 46 and change it. But I shoudnt seeing how it was fine before I went to cm9 and then back ???
Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
His "deep sleep fix" was only undoing an earlier screw up he made to his own kernel. When asked to comply with the GPL, he acted like an ass by uploading a kernel source tree without history in an attempt to hide his work. Seriously uncool.

CM9 alpha4 stock kernel behaves very nicely. I'm getting > 90% deep sleep on a regular basis.

He wasn't trying to hide anything...he just didn't feel obligated to highlight everything in yellow so to speak...
instead of "threatening" him, I'm sure if asked through his pm and nicely I may add he would have kindly made his work visible.

Just my two cents cuz I think eb is a very hard worker as is.

/waits to get flamed for standing up

Last edited:
Reactions: -SpeedofSound-

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
I was using LPP then they said the same thing but does the widget close apps and allow certain apps to use data Nope. And no ill have to wait for Nightly 46 and change it. But I shoudnt seeing how it was fine before I went to cm9 and then back ???

Lol that's what toggling data off is for...also you can get memory boost lite to close apps running in the background...and itself only uses 5mb of background cache...

wtogami

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2010
He wasn't trying to hide anything...he just didn't feel obligated to highlight everything in yellow so to speak...

Furthermore, delays and excuses in complying with the GPL were due to his uploading a huge squashed source tree to github rather than forking an existing tree and pushing tiny changesets.

Reactions: Effsi

kstephens98

Apr 29, 2009
Furthermore, delays and excuses in complying with the GPL were due to his uploading a huge squashed source tree to github rather than forking an existing tree and pushing tiny changesets.

Was all information necessary to comply with the GPL available once the squashed source tree was uploaded?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

wtogami

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2010
Was all information necessary to comply with the GPL available once the squashed source tree was uploaded?

Sure. Problematic however is he repeatedly fails to comply with the GPL requirements as he needs to re-upload a new squashed source tree every time he updates the kernel binaries. When called on it, he gives excuses and delays.

If he pushed tiny changesets to github with every new release, his kernel would be easy to peer-review. Others could easily review patches and be able to make suggestions on improving his kernel. But no... he deliberately makes it difficult to collaborate in a misguided desire to do everything himself.

He copies things from other people while not sharing in return. This is not cool.

Reactions: Effsi and atavarius

earthbound[iap]

Dec 2, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
indandroidprj.zxq.net
Sure. Problematic however is he repeatedly fails to comply with the GPL requirements as he needs to re-upload a new squashed source tree every time he updates the kernel binaries. When called on it, he gives excuses and delays.

If he pushed tiny changesets to github with every new release, his kernel would be easy to peer-review. Others could easily review patches and be able to make suggestions on improving his kernel. But no... he deliberately makes it difficult to collaborate in a misguided desire to do everything himself.

He copies things from other people while not sharing in return. This is not cool.

Go somwhere else, the source was up to date except the governors, so get over it, I stated it was up to date... I have been doing commits on the other source tree I just figured why do a commit when I'm going to upload the samurai source, I uploaded a new source because it is part of my githelper poject to compile all 6 versions of samurai so stop assuming I'm trying to hide something, it's not hard to get the diffs between the stock kernel source and mine if you know what you are doing... give it a rest my git was up to date except the governors...

P.s. ask anyone I am more than willing to contribute, and isn't that what we have all done with OPEN SOURCE, BORROW SOMEONE ELSES WORK... if you think you havn't your wrong... you have borrowed from samsung, I do not know where a lot of my changes come from and a lot of them even when I give credit to the person I borrowed them from came from somewhere else... and if something is my own work or modified by me I post it... you really need to stop assuming things... look at this crap I get better battery life and suddenly they jump all over me about this crap... try asking what I did instead of threatening me with the gpl... you are only making yourselves look like ____ <- instert explainative here. Not only in my eyes but everyone elses...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

kstephens98

Apr 29, 2009

Bummer. I really enjoy his work. I really wish he and the other devs who have issues with him in this community could come to some sort of understanding. You all do such wonderful work.

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Originally Posted by XxLostSoulxX

Lol that's what toggling data off is for...also you can get memory boost lite to close apps running in the background...and itself only uses 5mb of background cache...

No I mean like you have to manually switch it on and off for each app but JD doesn't automatically.

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
No I mean like you have to manually switch it on and off for each app but JD doesn't automatically.

Huh? You mean refresh instervals? I don't get what your point is..ithink you've grown to much to JD and need start getting used the PD* pulldown :D

Xinlitik

Apr 8, 2011
Highly recommend getting rid of JD. Change all apps to no background data, and manually toggle your data. If I want email, I tell gmail/k9 to check. If I want facebook updates, I open facebook.

Much easier on the battery that way.

Also, JD always took much longer to get data running than I can manually. And what if you're just checking a text message--JD would turn on data when you turned the screen on.

earthbound[iap]

Dec 2, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
indandroidprj.zxq.net

By the way I don't need peer review... if I need help with something or for someone to look at my code I ask for it, I don't go around threatening people with the gpl, then insult them because they do things differently than you... how rude is that... not to mention you are5 truly misinformed my git has been up to date and I had been pushing small changes to it... get your info correct before you start spouting off some bs in a thread...

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Highly recommend getting rid of JD. Change all apps to no background data, and manually toggle your data. If I want email, I tell gmail/k9 to check. If I want facebook updates, I open facebook.

Much easier on the battery that way.

Also, JD always took much longer to get data running than I can manually. And what if you're just checking a text message--JD would turn on data when you turned the screen on.

Still missing the point that it didn't do this before I went to CM9. Then I went back to CM7 same state and now all of sudden bad battery? When nothing was ever changed not even a setting or app. But maybe I can try that but rightt now it seems to drain less and I changed a few things so testing till it needs charged and will display BBS. Better Battery Stats. And Battery info through settings.

G

GuestK00145

@Earthbound on the Miui Kernel, I get a green tint when my screen dims, as if it's timing out.

RealTic

Dec 15, 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
can anyone remind me what the alpha 4 kernels stock I/O Scheduler is? Im pretty sure it was cfq/Samurai.... I changed it and dont like the settings but I forgot what the stock was set at.

thanks

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Not sure if this has to do with Voodoo Color but i noticed i opened up Youtube and screen went haywire and showed black lines all over kind of like when you record a lcd and you see those lines across the actual screen. and it does it every time intill i search for something also noticed it on FB but it didnt do it as much.

Running CM7

RealTic

Dec 15, 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
Not sure if this has to do with Voodoo Color but i noticed i opened up Youtube and screen went haywire and showed black lines all over kind of like when you record a lcd and you see those lines across the actual screen. and it does it every time intill i search for something also noticed it on FB but it didnt do it as much.

Running CM7

Thats voodoo related. adjust your settings.

beltsnspoons

Jul 28, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
Still missing the point that it didn't do this before I went to CM9. Then I went back to CM7 same state and now all of sudden bad battery? When nothing was ever changed not even a setting or app. But maybe I can try that but rightt now it seems to drain less and I changed a few things so testing till it needs charged and will display BBS. Better Battery Stats. And Battery info through settings.

yeah we get it lostsoul, you dont like cm9, its cm9s fault, we all get the fact that youre a cm9 hater, youve only dissed it n blamed every issue youve had on it about 6 billion times now. its getting really old btw...

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

@Earthbound on the Miui Kernel, I get a green tint when my screen dims, as if it's timing out.

for the 30th time on this thread and the billionth time on xda, its voodoo related, read any thread about anything to do with voodoo color and youll find the problem. sheesh,

G

GuestK00145

yeah we get it lostsoul, you dont like cm9, its cm9s fault, we all get the fact that youre a cm9 hater, youve only dissed it n blamed every issue youve had on it about 6 billion times now. its getting really old btw...

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

for the 30th time on this thread and the billionth time on xda, its voodoo related, read any thread about anything to do with voodoo color and youll find the problem. sheesh,

Yo' calm down I'm relating my problem to earthbound, not you. I'm not reading every comment posted in every thread religiously, I have a life just like many other people. So your comment isn't the best of one to get your point across because I don't care about you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Come Checkout The New Site ! ! !
    Just click the samurai logo below...

As we enter a new dawn the house of the samurai comes together
    embracing not the cold hard razor sharp edge of a Katana
    but the tools necessary to unlock the razor sharp blazing speeds that our processors are capable of...

Because of the nature of Samurai and it's ever changing versatility we have decided to dedicate a portion of our website to development of the samurai kernel, as well as a forum... Don't consider this abandoning XDA, we would never expect anyone to do that, just think of this as an extension of XDA. Please direct all bugs and questions to website forum...
    Fixes/Tips & Tricks/Outdated Versions

Saved for future use... Although I do not see much use for it...
    Thanks Section

.:Thanks Section for Kernel Building:.

Rodderik ! Awesome guy always willing to help me out and taught me a ton.
    Drockstar ! Another one who is always willing to provide the appropriate ionformation without beating around any bushes.
    NubeCoder I super hijacked his git and loaded up Samurai with tons of Nubernel Love...
    MKasick We all know what he does....
    and everyone at XDA devs, testers, supporters alike we all contribute in our own way...
    Netarchy
    Existz
    and anyone I have forgotten please feel free to message me and I will post your name here...

.:Special Thanks for Donations:.
    (if you would like you screen name and not your real name please add your screen name to you donation)

nashdogg <-(A.K.A. "BIG MONEY") (super status +++++) ;) This guy provides cash for the monster energy drinks that get me through the day... Lol.
    kennyglass123 <- via (FLINT420)
    pre2epic4g
    Ted Cousens
    Gary Gallichio
    stringyquark
    Adam DeLozier
    Tyrus Lyle
    Jon Delano
    Gordon & Kat Little
    Marcel LeMay
    Jonathan Maxon
    Jerad Wilson
    David Davis
    Kenneth Rowley

I really appreciate the donations guys every little bit helps our family, thank you so much !
    could everyone do me a favor and hit the thank you button for me. ;)
    So how is everyone diggin the new kernels, if ya like em throw your hand up and hit thhe thank you button... ;)