Root LG Optimus G E975 [GUIDE]

Search This thread

Brahmnoor

Nov 12, 2012
New Delhi
technopedia.hostizzo.com
Finally some time ago LG Optimus G E975 was launched in India, and just today it has been rooted. So here is a way to Root LG Optimus G E975. Follow this guide to root LG Optimus G E975.

LG+Optimus+G+E975+Root.jpeg

Guide to root LG Optimus G E975

Root LG Optimus G E975

LG+Optimus+G+E975.jpg

LG Optimus G E975 is an Android Jelly Bean phone with 4.7 inch True HD IPS Plus display. The 1.5GHz quad core processor in tandem with 2GB of RAM gives lightning fast processing speed.

Now, enjoy a rooted LG Optimus G E975 !

LG Optimus G E975 Price In India

LG Optimus G E975 Specs

Last edited:

jiexi

May 1, 2012
rather than promote your own blog, could you just copy and paste your instructions into the OP?

Brahmnoor

Nov 12, 2012
New Delhi
technopedia.hostizzo.com

arshcaria

Feb 13, 2009
Manchester
Hi, guys !

@wargreymon89 Yes its fiddy who rooted it, and in the article the credits have been given.

@jiexi Mate, Copying and pasting a websites content is theft in my book. So sorry, but I provided a link.

Hi Brahmnoor,

I am now having an E975 with Singapore (STL) V10c.
Having tried many methods and still cannot get it rooted.

So, can you please send your E975 root tool to my email?
Internel provider here has blocked many file hosting websites and I can't access mediafire these days.:eek:

My email is aeolianliu@gmail.com

Thanks and Best Regards!

wargreymon89

Sep 11, 2012
lg-ambassadoren.tk
Hi Brahmnoor,

I am now having an E975 with Singapore (STL) V10c.
Having tried many methods and still cannot get it rooted.

So, can you please send your E975 root tool to my email?
Internel provider here has blocked many file hosting websites and I can't access mediafire these days.:eek:

My email is aeolianliu@gmail.com

Thanks and Best Regards!

Only 10a is rootable, the others have been blocked by LG so we have to wait for a new way to do it.
If you can find the KDZ for 10a you can downgrade and root.

Last edited:

wargreymon89

Sep 11, 2012
lg-ambassadoren.tk
Followed the guide but get this error in cmd
*************************************************************************************************'
3234 KB/s (1085140 bytes in 0.327s)
mount: permission denied (are you root?)
cp: can't create '/system/xbin/busybox': Read-only file system
failed to copy 'su' to '/system/xbin/su': Read-only file system
failed to copy 'Superuser.apk' to '/system/app/Superuser.apk': Read-only file sy
stem
Unable to chown /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory

You are now properly Rooted.

*************************************************************************************************
But sadly my LGOG is not rooted? I have the right drivers installed and the phone is rebooting ok if i hit enter ? What am I missing?
I´m on 10b software and have also tried the TUT in Sprint forum without luck? Did someone manage to root 10b?

Read thread first, I posted the answer just above yours...

buenso80

Jun 14, 2010
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8T
Sv: Root LG Optimus G E975 [GUIDE]

Sorry. But as I also wrote I did try the Sprint forum guide as you mention as working. Sadly it does not? ?

Sendt fra min LG-E975 med Tapatalk2

buenso80

Jun 14, 2010
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8T
Sv: Root LG Optimus G E975 [GUIDE]

Did you try any other method before so you maybe have an old G_security file laying on you sdcard?
Also in the script it says
adb shell "echo -en \\x0d > /sdcard/G_security"
And not
adb shell touch /sdcard/G_security

I Will look into it. Sounds possible.

Edit: Big thanks to wargreymon89. I did try one or two methods before trying the sprint one. It didn´t occur to me that I had this G_security file floating around and that it was "bad". All I had to do was delete this file and run the ZV9-ZVB-Root tool again, and...Viola!
Dunno what I should do without xda. Saved me a lot of trouble

Sent from my LGOG

Last edited:

antoniejanssen

Mar 12, 2011
Did you try any other method before so you maybe have an old G_security file laying on you sdcard?
Also in the script it says
adb shell "echo -en \\x0d > /sdcard/G_security"
And not
adb shell touch /sdcard/G_security
I can confirm that this methode work for me with the E97510B EUR version on mine Optimus G F180L and after this I could install the BasebandL (for my F180L), each model had his own baseband file/tool.

I used first the Wipe tool, then the flash tool to install the E97510B then the root tool as above and the the baseband, everything work fine.

krankdroid

Apr 6, 2011
Hi, guys !

@wargreymon89 Yes its fiddy who rooted it, and in the article the credits have been given.

@jiexi Mate, Copying and pasting a websites content is theft in my book. So sorry, but I provided a link.

so copy pasting is theft in your book?

but you still take fiddy619 root guide and paste it to your blog?

here is a quote:

The LG Optimus G E975 was released recently by LG, and it was available on the stores just yesterday, but today LG Optimus G E975 has been rooted successfully. This is how fast the developers work that just one day after the release of LG Optimus G E975 the device has been rooted. So here's how to Root LG Optimus G E975.

LG Optimus G E975 Root Advantages
Gives you complete control over your LG Optimus G E975.
Allows you to install root only apps.
Allows you to install custom ROMs.
Gives you complete control over your LG Optimus G E975.

LG Optimus G E975 Root Requirements
Basic knowledge of rooting.
Download the root file. ( Link to download )

Root LG Optimus G E975 Guide
Connect you LG Optimus G E975 to your PC.
Now install the LG Optimus G E975 drivers.
Now unzip the downloaded file.
In your LG Optimus G E975, go to Settings, and turn on USB Debugging, in the Development section.
Also, please see that you are in Charge Only Mode.
Now run CurrentRoot.bat file that you downloaded, and wait for prompt.
Change to MTP mode, in your LG Optimus G E975.
Wait for you PC to ask how to view files.
Select CMD Prompt, and press enter to continue.
Done, your LG Optimus G E975 will be rooted.
That's it ! Congrats you have rooted your new LG Optimus G E975. Now enjoy a completely rooted LG Optimus G E975.

Thanks to fiddy619 at XDA for the root file. - See more at: http://letusbetechy.blogspot.com/2013/02/root-lg-optimus-g-e975.html#sthash.qUQ28kLx.dpuf

Last edited:

antoniejanssen

Mar 12, 2011
so copy pasting is theft in your book?

but you still take fiddy619 root guide and paste it to your blog?

here is a quote:
Take a root guide? Yes, thats why we put them on the internet, to learn and to share.

But I tried before the fiddy619, but it didn't work for my on the E97510B version, maybe it work for the E97510A, I don't know.
But when you edit the file CurrentRoot.bat file and change the line "adb shell touch /sdcard/G_security to"
"adb shell "echo -en \\x0d > /sdcard/G_security" " and save the file and use it, then you can root a E975B version.

Reactions: BxRider and xodeus

xodeus

Mar 13, 2010
Fredericia
xodeus.dk
Take a root guide? Yes, thats why we put them on the internet, to learn and to share.

But I tried before the fiddy619, but it didn't work for my on the E97510B version, maybe it work for the E97510A, I don't know.
But when you edit the file CurrentRoot.bat file and change the line "adb shell touch /sdcard/G_security to"
"adb shell "echo -en \\x0d > /sdcard/G_security" " and save the file and use it, then you can root a E975B version.

I believe that this made the trick.
I'm rooted now and have SuperSU installed.

E97510a-525-05

Top Liked Posts