Samsung I337 4.4.2 update issues

Search This thread

kmr669

Oct 25, 2012
Hyderabad
Anybody got issues with latest update 4.4.2 for AT&T I337 mobile?
Please post here issues you are facing with latest update.
Thanks!!

dankhar

Jul 21, 2010
None of my end so far. I just updated it last night around 1am EST. Been running since then perfectly fine. The phone is noticeably faster than before and has a quicker response time as well.

After the update the only thing I did have to do extra was reinstall SwiftKey. Any programs that I had that were in a paid status had to be reinstalled. Non-paid apps stayed with no issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

kcschultz

Mar 9, 2007
I get stuck at the downloading screen. I am rooted so I don't know if that is the problem. Now I cant even boot to the recovery screen.

JCrawMil

Dec 19, 2012
SD Card Read Only ???

I got a message through FX File Explorer that the SD Card is read only with 4.4.2 KitKat and I cant write to it, anybody else? Why'd they make that change

CAG-man

Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ohio
www.cag-creations.com

dankhar

Jul 21, 2010
QUOTE=JCrawMil;50678611]I got a message through FX File Explorer that the SD Card is read only with 4.4.2 KitKat and I cant write to it, anybody else? Why'd they make that change[/QUOTE]

Hmm, not sure. I just tested it with my phone. Moved files to the SD, Renamed, Modified, etc... No issues. I tried with the Explorer that came with my phone as well as two file explorers that I tested out from the Play Store. Seems to be working fine for myself. Not sure why it's not working for you.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

I got a message through FX File Explorer that the SD Card is read only with 4.4.2 KitKat and I cant write to it, anybody else? Why'd they make that change

Hmm, not sure. I just tested it with my phone. Moved files to the SD, Renamed, Modified, etc... No issues. I tried with the Explorer that came with my phone as well as two file explorers that I tested out from the Play Store. Seems to be working fine for myself. Not sure why it's not working for you.

CAG-man

Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ohio
www.cag-creations.com
Overall Ifind the update made my phone much snappier and the data seems faster but speedtest has it the same. The illusion must be from the phone being snappier. I disable new bloatware Beats Music.

I wanted to try ART but it appears Samsung has chosen not to include it.I'm hoping the pieces are still there and it can be enabled once root is obtained.

I have not had any SD Card issues but if I do I assume it may be something that can be worked around with root. So looking for a root method, I am.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using XDA Premium HD app

GeorgeP

Sep 19, 2007

It is supposed to work with the built-in file manager, but not with third party apps. Can you tell me which file explorers (beside the built in) lets you rename files on the external SD? I have tried several and that all fail (except the built in one).

Top Liked Posts