Edit Apk

Search This thread

coolstoneapurva

Jan 17, 2012
I want to edit a apk file so that I can edit its notification tone. I found the notification tone and changed it but after compiling it and installing it gives me a error "App not installed".
For decompiling used 7zip and changed the notification tone and then zipped it back. This is the first time I am editing a file. I am "NOOB", so "NOOB" guides only. Please also tell me where I am going wrong and how to correct it.

abhi007.john

Feb 20, 2014
New Delhi
I want to edit a apk file so that I can edit its notification tone. I found the notification tone and changed it but after compiling it and installing it gives me a error "App not installed".
For decompiling used 7zip and changed the notification tone and then zipped it back. This is the first time I am editing a file. I am "NOOB", so "NOOB" guides only. Please also tell me where I am going wrong and how to correct it.

You need to sign the application first. Use apktool to sign your apk and it should install

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
You are not decompiling it. You are simply unzipping it. Depending on the app it may not be able to be changed. A lot of apps are now making it so they self corrupt if nodded in any way. Handcent does this.

Bat cave One