LG G2 weather widget - working on KitKat (fonts overlap)

Search This thread

itsmemario

Apr 6, 2013
Hi,

I only wanted to announce that it finally works on the Optimus 3D and wasnt aware, that someone else stole Jishnu Sur's™ work here. (the Launcher)

On behalf of Jishnu Sur™ I deleted this thread as he did not give OK to share his work here. Ill guide you to his original thread instead, were I will try to write down again how I managed to run this great widget on the Optimus 3D.

launcher
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2579549

widgets
http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/themes-apps/lg-g2-weather-widget-fixed-5x2-5x3-t2644707

p.s.
The "stolen" launcher had the theme inside the zip, so it wasnt refreshing every 3 seconds, liek the launcher zip without the theme.

Last edited:

itsmemario

Apr 6, 2013
Well all that is my work and I have not been given any credits for them. Very nice. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I mentioned "RocketSauce83" for the mod and I linked to your original threads. I explained Im drowned in LG widgets and apps and that it was just experimenting with various LG files.

It was never my intention to praise this as my own work and I explained that right in the 1st phrase as well, that I did not make these.

Sorry for doing a rush job and forgetting to place your name next to your original threads. I was just too excited about the fact, that a mix of a modded G2/G3 Launcher and the "old" weather apk by you would work on my p920, as all other LGHomes/Launchers failed.

Ill added your name next to your threads and at the top of my initial post. Have mercy, Im quite new to this.

Last edited:

Jishnu Sur™

Nov 25, 2012
ND-BL-MB-KL
I mentioned "RocketSauce83" for the mod and I linked to your original threads. I explained Im drownind in LG widgets and apps and that it was just experimenting.

It was never my intention to praise this as my own work and I explained that right in the 1st phrase as well, that I did not make these.

Sorry for doing a rush job and forgetting to place tour name next to your original threads. I was just too excited about the fact that a mix of a modded G2/G3 Launcher and the "old" weather apk by you would work on my p920, as all other LGHomes/Launchers failed.

Ill added your name next to your threads.

My friend i am not blaming you or anything but if am not wrong Its only me who has ported the home and widget to work with other devices. Well, i dont know when did rocket sauce port it but its ok, i dont need credits.. everyone knows who ported them.

you know the thing you have installed is my launcher V1 and it will take me 2 mins to prove it. You tried my launcher and it was rebooting because i had the theme separately. The one u are using right now has the same theme included and updater script edited. I would please ask you not to share my work without my permissions.
Thanks

Last edited:

itsmemario

Apr 6, 2013
My friend i am not blaming you or anything but if am not wrong Its only me who has ported the home and widget to work with other devices. Well, i dont know when did rocket sauce port it but its ok, i dont need credits.. everyone knows who ported them.

you know the thing you have installed is my launcher V1 and it will take me 2 mins to prove it. You tried my launcher and it was rebooting because i had the theme separately. The one u are using right now has the same theme included and updater script edited. I would please ask you not to share my work without my permissions.
Thanks

Ok, do I get your permission linking to your great work ?

I tried your V1 back then, yes and it restarted.
Im not sure I fully understand your "it will take me 2 mins to prove it". Do you say I did something evil ?

But Now I use your v4 in combination with the KitKatMod launcher, that I also got here from xda, from some G2/G3 thread and Im really really sorry that Im not able to find the original post of it. (it was the 1st post of a thread)

itsmemario

Apr 6, 2013
I dont have enough knowledge to explain why this "stolen" launcher worked with your v4, while I had problems before, but I believe you that RocketSauce83 probably stole your work here.

I will edit the initial post and will post in your thread again then. I just wanted to share that it now works on the p920.

Thanks for guiding me to your original ported G2 Launcher, seen it too late. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I only wanted to announce that it finally works on the Optimus 3D and wasnt aware, that someone else stole Jishnu Sur's™ work here. (the Launcher)

On behalf of Jishnu Sur™ I deleted this thread as he did not give OK to share his work here. Ill guide you to his original thread instead, were I will try to write down again how I managed to run this great widget on the Optimus 3D.

launcher

widgets
    http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/themes-apps/lg-g2-weather-widget-fixed-5x2-5x3-t2644707

p.s.
    The "stolen" launcher had the theme inside the zip, so it wasnt refreshing every 3 seconds, liek the launcher zip without the theme.
    Well all that is my work and I have not been given any credits for them. Very nice. Thanks

this is the original thread of my ported launcher.

You are not allowed to share my work. And It will take me 2 mins to prove that the launcher you said is rocket sauce's is clearly mine. Hope i am clear and I dont want to be rude and report my friend.
    please understand.