[APP][ROOT][FREE] [2.1+] One Power Guard

Search This thread

Naturesretard

Nov 4, 2011
Chino
Seems like an ok App. The UI seems clean and easy to understand for the most part. Each mode gives you suggestions on how to set the CPU governor and then select the frequencies.

The wording however int he descriptions and within the app itself is very confusing. It is obvious English is not your native language, might I suggest cleaning it up a bit? Aside from the broken english, as I said the UI is very clean and simple to use. Will test drive it over the next few days then compare with Juice Defender.

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
Hey, thank you very much for this. Some questions:

How does it work? Does it uses busybox / bash / shell commands and / or scripts to set the related parameters and values?
How it changes the values, does it uses sysctl? And does it uses governors parameter such as sample_rate, up_treshold?

I am working on a battery friendly Rom for the Moto Razr and I guess this app could be a nice extension for the users to control their devices power consumption. The thing is I am using lots of tweaks and mods which I have created over a long time and it would be very interesting to me if this app could "disturb" these settings.

Thanks in advance!

Greetz, dtrail

suxelexus

Jul 31, 2010
Gold Coast
Nice Layout, but the app is a battery killer, and whats with the permissions??

This app actually sucks majorily. I tested it for a couple of weeks, tried every mode, and used Daily mode as the main driver. The results were always the same - had to recharge 3 times a day minimal, with minimal use. After disabling, the battery lasted a lot longer. Re-enable and the battery would drop on average 10% within a few minutes and continue drastically until flat. The conclusion- the app blows! Android (atleast on a tweaked custom rom) manages battery performance drastically. Rule of Thumb: if it promises to make you last longer, better count it as a hoax!!

And btw, whats with the intrusive permissions!?

Last edited:

Bigralphn

Dec 6, 2010
It worked fine in my VZW Nexus until i installed 4.2.1. Now it constantly reboots the phone. As soon as OPG starts to load, snap. Reboot. Does it in Air Kernel and Franco. Thanks to the file manager in TWRP i was able to delete the apk from the phone to get it to boot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gamer.11

Dec 11, 2012
Ernakulam
Would like to report a bug!(Refer the Screenshot for better understanding-the interface is buggy)
My device: sk17i Full Stock(With root)

Also you said your app changes the scripts for better power management right? I have uninstalled the app but only after using and playing it around a bit, Like I said after uninstalling would the scripts stay changed or would the revert back to the original? The reason I'm asking is because I feel my battery life has been reduced considerably! From 12-14 Hrs(before install) to 8-9hrs(after uninstall)

Just wondering!

Attachments

• screenshot_2012-12-10_2127.png
    screenshot_2012-12-10_2127.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 178

sifuentes2013

Jan 1, 2013
Great

I have been trying this app out for the last lil while and this app works, my battery is better then ever, I can actually leave the data network on and get at least two days life with normal use. Thats more then double what i use to have. Running CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 on my samsung galaxy s2 gtI9100

rasta4rest

Nov 26, 2012
After using this app , i have a wifi error problem Cannot turn it on, i dont know what's wrong.
Just using A.I mode ,then try to reinstall this app don't help.
Still trying to figure out what's happening.

Thanks

Sent from my C771 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

SpikeNaples

Aug 24, 2011
Manila
Neglected my Juice defender ultimate for this, lets see how it rolls (nice on screen mini widget, liked the idea).

device seems to be running smoother, looks like it manages the cpu quite efficiently but only time will tell if it actually saves the battery, i'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks for the hard work !

Same here. Looking forward to the best about this app. Btw, does it have ads?

25vikasp

Jan 29, 2013
Mumbai
doubt

I am using this app.I don't know about battery life yet.but it's eating my so much ram in my galaxy s duos.when I use other battery saving apps the ram is 250 mb free.and when I use this app the ram is fluctuating.150 or 125 mb free

SpikeNaples

Aug 24, 2011
Manila
Tested this on all my Android phones past and present. Seems to still work as of this date.

Hope the dev can assure of updates.

Sent from my O+ 8.15 Android using xda premium

Mr Prize

Jun 27, 2013
i use no frills cpu.. can i use this with that..? or will it conflict?? even if i set same frequencies, governors and I/o schedulers..? thnanks..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Haven't tried this yet, but I'll give it a shot!

For those having problems and what not, I just thought I would share:

I'd recommend using an app like BetterBatteryStats to check for rogue applications waking up the CPU and taking it's cycles.

As far as my knowledge goes on power saving, the first step is to ensure that you make sure your applications behave. This will give you great stand-by time. Use the above mentioned application to determine this.

The second thing you do (and what this app does) is to make sure the processes you need to run are running smoothly and are not excessively taxing the CPU in the course of their running. This can be done by adjusting the clock frequencies, schedulers, governors, and so on.

So before going on a spree of accusations, especially regarding battery drain when the device is supposed to be in stand-by (screen off, the processor should be in "Deep Sleep" mode and the cores offline), please take a moment to determine the cause of the wakelocks (applications waking up the CPU).

In regards to heating: more the processor and the radios (Wi-Fi, 4G, LTE...) are used, the warmer your device is likely to run. Check what is using your radios as well as the CPU (apps downloading in the background and so on).

Hope this helps!
    Alright, let us give it a try :)

Neglected my Juice defender ultimate for this, lets see how it rolls (nice on screen mini widget, liked the idea).

device seems to be running smoother, looks like it manages the cpu quite efficiently but only time will tell if it actually saves the battery, i'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks for the hard work !
    1. Difference between 1.9 version on Play and 1.7 version here?

2. Please. There are those of us who do not need revealing pictures of women (or men) on a software development site. They do not belong there and cheapen all you efforts and creativity. Those who want to see this are free to do so and can find all they would ever want easily enough. Let the rest of us discuss software and leave the flesh out of it. Thanks.
    thanks man for your hard work will try it now :)