How to get up to $100 credit on your Sprint bill !

Search This thread

mac01843

Dec 20, 2009
Isabela
I'm on Sero premium and would like to know this too.

How can I call in and extend my contract for a year, then go buy the phone and still get a 2 year renewal price? That seems odd that they'd renew me for a year, give me money, then wave the year when I buy a new phone and sign me up for a 2 year contract instead, but let me keep the money?

SERO Premium!? How much off is that?

finalhit

Jan 12, 2009
i went on their online chat system asking about moving my upgrade date 4 days earlier. the lady i was talking to just offered me $100 per line for a 1 year extension out of the blue.

didn't have to bargain at all.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

B0nes424

Oct 12, 2010
i went on their online chat system asking about moving my upgrade date 4 days earlier. the lady i was talking to just offered me $100 per line for a 1 year extension out of the blue.

didn't have to bargain at all.

I have been told that Sprint on occasion will offer an account credit for new customers who port their number from another carrier. I currently am sitting with Verizon and am fixed to lose my unlimited date when the note 2 is released. I would really LOVE if Sprint ran some sort of promotion lol.

ThisIsDanial@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2009
Brooklyn
I'm on Sero premium and would like to know this too.

How can I call in and extend my contract for a year, then go buy the phone and still get a 2 year renewal price? That seems odd that they'd renew me for a year, give me money, then wave the year when I buy a new phone and sign me up for a 2 year contract instead, but let me keep the money?

I'm on SERO Premium too and I have the same exact question !! Does getting the credit and the extension affect the upgrade renewal price?

Jocelyn

Jul 16, 2008
Orlando, FL

bullz7210

Oct 27, 2012
No it will not affect the upgrade in any way. You extend contract to October of 2013 for the $100 credit, then upgrade and extend contract to June of 2014 (20 months).

Here's my post with transcript - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33344039&postcount=35

How do you know though that it doesnt extend you into a 3 year contract though? Did they say it wouldnt? Or when you bought the phone it told you when your locked into? Sorry, I'd really like to try this, I just really want the phone and dont want to screw up my eligibility. Ive been off contract since this summer.

Jocelyn

Jul 16, 2008
Orlando, FL
How do you know though that it doesnt extend you into a 3 year contract though? Did they say it wouldnt? Or when you bought the phone it told you when your locked into? Sorry, I'd really like to try this, I just really want the phone and dont want to screw up my eligibility. Ive been off contract since this summer.

I have been with Sprint for a very long time (2001) and have successfully done this with my last few upgrades over the years. My contract expiration date changed to October 2013 after I received the credit and then to June 2014 (20 moths) after buying a Note II yesterday.
Contract renewals do not affect upgrade eligibility dates.

Photo 1 - Line received credit but has not yet upgraded

sprint5.jpg

Photo 2 - Line received credit and upgraded to Note II yesterday

sprint4u.jpg

Last edited:

Fam Money

May 28, 2006
Harrisburg, PA
Shot down twice via chat and once on the phone. Damn, I want the note but have a hard time swallowing that $300 price tag. My contract isn't fulfilled until 12/18, could that be the reason why I'm being denied?

sctwinslow

Jun 29, 2010
Hillsboro, Oregon
I also have been shot down twice from chat and once from phone. I have two lines that the contract has been fullfilled and two that are not and they told me none of my lines were eligible for a renewal credit/discount.

dallastx

Sep 29, 2008
Dallas TX
I canceled a line that wasnt under contract and they didn't try to save me at all "shrug" Oh well their lost! I cancelled it and opened another line. That counts against their lines lost. But guess know one cares.

[Vann]

Aug 6, 2008
Been shot down quite a few times in chat over the past few days.

Each time they can't "find" an offer on my account. Apparently the "system" generates the offers.

Interesting... I am assuming most of you who were able to get the credit were out of contract? Any word on how long out of contract you were prior to calling in?

Mine expired this month and I am curious if they base it off of how long you have been out of contract.

Jocelyn

Jul 16, 2008
Orlando, FL
Been shot down quite a few times in chat over the past few days.

Each time they can't "find" an offer on my account. Apparently the "system" generates the offers.

Interesting... I am assuming most of you who were able to get the credit were out of contract? Any word on how long out of contract you were prior to calling in?

Mine expired this month and I am curious if they base it off of how long you have been out of contract.

Do people not like reading whole threads anymore? Here - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33344039&postcount=35

My sister's contract ends Nov 1 and she was not eligible for the credit, whereas the other 4 lines (Mine and parents) all end Dec 1. This is info from three different Sero Premium accounts (My account with two lines, my parent's account with two lines, and my sister's account with one line).

Edit: I mentioned this in another post, but maybe it's age related? lol

madsquabbles

Jan 31, 2009
i was offered an "early upgrade" when i bought my phone today. it would have cost me $300 for the phone plus $225 for the 2yr extension (i'm 1yr into my contract). plus i had to sell back my gs2. so i could have gotten it for ~$400, but i don't want to extend the contract so i paid full price. hopefully i can get $150 for the gs2 if when i'm ready to commit to the gn2.

Serren

Aug 19, 2008
I was denied. I'm out of contract, 10+ years, no missed bills...

Not sure why they had nothing for me. The lady said my billing cycle will update on the 9th and something might open up then. Lame.

Wishkah420

Nov 27, 2010
Lansing, MI
I managed to get $100 credit to my primary line on the 2nd phone call but I kinda had to be a jerk and was on the phone for an hour between the 2 calls. They told me they could only credit the primary line. I'm gonna try again tomorrow to get it on my wife's line, if I can swindle a $200 total credit out of em I'll be upgrading to the Note 2 instead of paying my bill next month, just holding off till black Friday in hopes of a buy one get one deal.
My dad already has the Note 2 and he brought it over last night so I could root and rom it for him. I must say it's an amazing device. I'm assuming HDMI out works through the microusb? I couldn't get roam control to work on it but I did get Swype installed and functioning, must say swype turned out great just needs themed!!! ;)
Well, back to lurking this forum for another couple weeks until I get the phone, can't wait to see how development progresses. I'm hoping development here is as strong as it is for my 2yr old Epic. Can't wait to see a .tar and custom kernels over here!!!

- Sent from a 2 year old EOL phone running Jelly Bean with a keyboard! -

Serren

Aug 19, 2008
After I gave them all my details, here is funny Chat log:

Seth T.: Thank you for contacting Sprint. While I access your account information, can you please provide more details about why you're chatting with us today?

Customer: I am out of contract and was thinking about getting a new phone with Sprint or Verizon. Do you have any credits you might be able to give to a loyal customer to stick with Sprint. Like if I extend my contract for another year?

Customer: Or even a phone upgrade credit?

Seth T.: Steve, If the line is up for the upgrade then customer gets a new phone for the line at online price. At Sprint online price of the phone is the most discounted price. The contract automatically gets renewed on the line with the phone upgrade.

Seth T.: We don't give any other credit for the contract renewal.

Seth T.: Earlier we use to offer credit on the account for the contract renewal if the line is up for the upgrade and contract is over but cust. doesn't want to get a new phone and only want to renew the contract.

Seth T.: Right now there is no such offer.

Customer: Well I guess my co-worker lied to me as he got a credit for $40 off for 4 months...

Seth T.: Steve, believe me there is no such offer.

Customer: Ok. Thanks anyway.

Seth T.: You are welcome. Is there anything else I may assist you with ?

Customer: Yeah, get 4G in Sacramento.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was it. He never responded back. I'll call and try again tomorrow.

Reactions: Ind3lible

Tbonekilla

Dec 18, 2010
Threaten to pay your ETF or cancel your line do to discriminatory credit practices. BAM you get account services. She didn't give me $100 credit but gave me $55 credit per month for 4 months. Works for me. No contract extension either.

I think its total BS they cant tell you why you dont qualify for something but other people do.

hitdog44

Jan 7, 2011
I'm thinking of adding a line to our family account to get the Note-2, if I do, can I ask for that $100 discount?

Just chatted with someone from Sprint and they said they were not running any renewal promotions and they can do a one time credit of $10. I will try back again in a few days to see if there are any new offers for November. I am also eligible for an upgrade and waiting to get the Note II.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got off the phone with Sprint and successfully got a $100 credit posted on my account to help ease the pain of the $300 price tag!
    I told her a friend also was interested in this promotion.
    She said just call Sprint and ask for "Account Services"
    Then ask about the customer loyalty credit. I have been a customer for 6 years which qualified me for $100 credit which posted to my account immediately!
    My total due is now (-$100)
    She said the amount of credit depends on how long you have been a customer.
    Credit ranges from $25-$100.
    It does not even require an upgrade.
    I cant guarantee anything and I am still not sure how I pulled it off, but I think it is worth a shot to try yourself.
    I have 2 lines and both are eligible for an upgrade, although she said the eligibility had nothing to do with the credit.
    Now my wallet will definitely feel better when I pick up my GN2 today!!
    Even if you already picked up your N2, give it a shot.

Phone number for retentions: 888-273-9460

Discounts are for the account, and not for a phone upgrade so this can be done by any Sprint customer. Make sure to specify that you are checking to see if you have a credit or discount available for your account.

Discounts so far:

$100 one time
    $25 one time
    $25 for four months
    $40 for four months
    $45 for four months

Hope you guys can benefit from one phone call like I did.
    Please post your results if you successfully got a credit using this method.
    I also posted a thread here:
    http://slickdeals.net/f/5386962-How...your-Sprint-bill-YMMV?p=54200978#post54200978
    :victory::victory::victory::victory:

Sucesss Stories!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flak View Post
    I called and got a "network save" applied to my account. $50 off my bill for the next 4 months.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jt513 View Post
    Thanks, done and worked! $100 added..
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cruecu View Post
    Got the $100 credit for adding a year on to my contract that is up in december.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jocelyn View Post
    I'm on sero premium and was credited $400 for 4 lines!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Agfadoc View Post
    Worked for me,
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lazydazed View Post
    I just got eighty off, thanks man!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cybervyrus8587 View Post
    Whohoo!! I got $100 off too!! Thanks op.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkey3ddd View Post
    Just a quick note of support, called them back on the 23rd and played hardball and got the 100 credit. People keep trying, it works.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by finalhit View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JAREDR View Post
    called the number provided in the OP and was able to get $100 credit on my current bill and then $5 off a month for the next 4 months.

Thanks!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rhan75 View Post
    I got this $100 credit with 5 min call. Thanks OP.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr.Smith View Post
    It worked for me called this phone number for retentions: 888-273-9460 ( no hold direct to an agent) (know your pin) number last week $100.00 credit on this month bill. Showed up on my online account
    in 24 hours. Be nice suggest porting your numbers and interested in buying a new phone and talk about drop calls and data being slow and 4g not working and paying an extra $20 a month for service that sometimes works. Be nice
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mad1111 View Post
    Just called this morning, spoke to Jermaine. Told him I was checking to see if I had any credits or discounts available on my account. He put me on hold for about a minute, came back and said I have a $100 credit on one of my lines. I was thinking it was going to be one of my older lines, NOPE...it was my new line I just added last week so that I could get the Note 2! So in short, I got the phone plus a $100 credit on the brand new line.

Thanks OP...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZenInsight View Post
    Thanks!! Worked for me. 100 bucks.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dundun86 View Post
    Just called Worked for me to I got $50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jbroad572 View Post
    Got $35 for 2 months and $25 for 2 more months. Total of $120 over 4 months.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Techronico View Post
    I just did this and got 2 $100 credits on my acct. Massive thanks. I have 7 lines and they said it was only available on 2 of them. Ill try the others this month...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ultra78721 View Post
    Worked for me 1st call 5 minutes tops 100 credit
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    I too got the $100 credit from retention 2 days ago. I called today, and did the Upgrade Buy Up on my daughter's line for $50, and got my wife's 12/1/12 upgrade bumped too today for free.
    Easy money!!
    I never understood threads like this. People just asking for a handout.

You've never owned a business, have you? :)
    I never understood threads like this. People just asking for a handout.

it's more like making deals/haggling than handouts. you're paying x amount of money for y value of service. trying to increase the ratio of x:y in your favor isn't really asking for handouts.

He posted this same thread on slick deals where one person said they were able to get multiple discounts on their SERO line...

That was me and I posted the same thing on page one of this thread. I chose general inquiry and just said I was interested in finding out more about referral credits for two of my lines (Photos below).
    I'm in no way trying to brag about this and was totally baffled that I got the credits. I called a few weeks ago as well, but was shot down that time. Here are the photos of my transcript and feel free to use them if you think they will help.
    Also, my sister who has her own Sero account, was denied when I asked about her line after my mom and dad's account/lines. Her contract ends Nov 1, whereas the other 4 lines (Mine and parents) all end Dec 1, but they said her account/line was not eligible.

sprint1n.jpg

sprint2n.jpg
    Sucess Stories!

I called and got a "network save" applied to my account. $50 off my bill for the next 4 months.

Thanks, done and worked! $100 added..

Got the $100 credit for adding a year on to my contract that is up in december.

I'm on sero premium and was credited $400 for 4 lines!

I just got eighty off, thanks man!

Whohoo!! I got $100 off too!! Thanks op.

Just a quick note of support, called them back on the 23rd and played hardball and got the 100 credit. People keep trying, it works.

called the number provided in the OP and was able to get $100 credit on my current bill and then $5 off a month for the next 4 months.

Thanks!

I got this $100 credit with 5 min call. Thanks OP.

It worked for me called this phone number for retentions: 888-273-9460 ( no hold direct to an agent) (know your pin) number last week $100.00 credit on this month bill. Showed up on my online account
    in 24 hours. Be nice suggest porting your numbers and interested in buying a new phone and talk about drop calls and data being slow and 4g not working and paying an extra $20 a month for service that sometimes works. Be nice:laugh:

Just called this morning, spoke to Jermaine. Told him I was checking to see if I had any credits or discounts available on my account. He put me on hold for about a minute, came back and said I have a $100 credit on one of my lines. I was thinking it was going to be one of my older lines, NOPE...it was my new line I just added last week so that I could get the Note 2! So in short, I got the phone plus a $100 credit on the brand new line.

Thanks OP...

Thanks!! Worked for me. 100 bucks.

Just called Worked for me to I got $50

Got $35 for 2 months and $25 for 2 more months. Total of $120 over 4 months.

I just did this and got 2 $100 credits on my acct. Massive thanks. I have 7 lines and they said it was only available on 2 of them. Ill try the others this month...

Worked for me 1st call 5 minutes tops 100 credit :good:

I too got the $100 credit from retention 2 days ago. I called today, and did the Upgrade Buy Up on my daughter's line for $50, and got my wife's 12/1/12 upgrade bumped too today for free. :highfive:

Easy money!!
    :highfive::highfive::highfive: