[APP][2.2+]RemoteFlash

Would you, or do you, find RemoteFlash useful?

• Yes

Votes: 122 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Needs More Features. (Leave Request)

Votes: 13 9.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
RemoteFlash

Update! You Can Now Push And Install APK's To Your Device. Simply Use The PC Client As Before, Except Select An APK! No PC Client Update Required, Only The RemoteFlash APK.

**Note** If You Have Other Android Devices Running RemoteFlash Disable Their WiFi While Running "Auto-Scan". There Is No Need To Turn Off Any Other Devices.

RemoteFlash Has Been Added To Google Play! It Will Always Remain Free And Updated Here, But For Easier Updating And Download Stats, Purchase It On Google Play!

RemoteFlash allows you to flash ROMS, Mods, and Updates directly from your computer, over WiFi. You can also install APK's wirelessly. Also, a recovery that uses "OpenRecoveryScript", such as TWRP, is recommended. You may try it on CWMR, but it may not be able to flash anything depending on the build.

To use RemoteFlash simply download two files. One is a standalone Java application that you run on your computer. The other file is the RemoteFlash apk. After downloading and installing both programs, run the RemoteFlash apk. You will only need to run the app once. After opening RemoteFlash the first time just reboot your device. As soon as your device boots back up, RemoteFlash will be running. You can then open the PC client and click "Auto-Scan"(It may take anywhere between a second and two minutes to find your device), check/uncheck "Wipe Data/Cache", and click "Go". You will then be prompted to select a file, and it will be flashed directly to your device. Hopefully that's easy enough!

I hope you find RemoteFlash useful! I thought it would help save time and energy, at least for me. As for any issues you may encounter, feel free to post them here. Let me know what you think!

A big shout out goes to SystemErrorOne for his work on the new icon and hopefully his continued contributions! Thank you!

Updated RemoteFlash APK to V1.1 at 10:48 P.M. EST 6/10/2013​

Attachments

• RemoteFlashPC-V0.3.jar
    6.8 KB · Views: 2,200
  • RemoteFlashV1.1.apk
    212.8 KB · Views: 1,832
Last edited:

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
RemoteFlash APK:

V0.4:
Fixed OutOfMemoryError on large files.
Added drawable ProgressBar.
Small code optimizations.

V0.5:
Now runs as service at boot.
Shows current IP at boot. **Need to add WiFi check in next release**

V0.6:
Removed IP notification.
Service now starts immediately at boot, and uses less than 3mb's of ram.

V0.7:
Changed UI to Holo Blue. (Not used, but it looks better)

V0.8:
Added ability to receive and install APK's.

V0.9:
Updated Graphics/Icons! Big thanks to SystemErrorOne!

V1.0:
Fixed Notification Drawer lag/screen freezing.

V1.1:
Fixed APK Installation Feature.

RemoteFlash JAR:

V0.2:
New GUI. Still silly looking lol
Added Data/Cache Wipe to client

V0.3:
Added "Auto-Scan"! (Let me know how you like it!)

Last edited:

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012
Great work! However, I don't think I will find much use in this, seeing as the phone needs to be used prior to flashing.

Would it be possible to implement something that connects to the phone based on Google account details? This would be similar to remote desktop apps that work anywhere. That way as long as the phone is connected to Wi-Fi the file can be pushed and flashed. I'm not certain that that is a viable option though.

Reactions: Tahde

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Great work! However, I don't think I will find much use in this, seeing as the phone needs to be used prior to flashing.

Would it be possible to implement something that connects to the phone based on Google account details? This would be similar to remote desktop apps that work anywhere. That way as long as the phone is connected to Wi-Fi the file can be pushed and flashed. I'm not certain that that is a viable option though.

Thanks! Yes, I could leave a socket stream connected to a server to receive updates/Roms over 4G and WiFi, preferably WiFi. User's choice of course. It wouldn't be too difficult. Thanks for the suggestion!

Reactions: Tahde and atrix4g18

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012
Thanks! Yes, I could leave a socket stream connected to a server to receive updates/Roms over 4G and WiFi, preferably WiFi. User's choice of course. It wouldn't be too difficult. Thanks for the suggestion!

Great! That would change everything as users could flash things to their phones without being present.

Could the wipe data/cache option be implemented such that it could be selected using the PC app?

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Great! That would change everything as users could flash things to their phones without being present.

Could the wipe data/cache option be implemented such that it could be selected using the PC app?

Yup, I could swap that to the jar. Have you tried the application the way it is now? I think the swaps would be very easy. I could just set it up as an android service, and the user could just forward their port to a public IP. Or it could just listen over port 80 and have a web portal type of thing.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Tahde

Nov 5, 2008
North Dallas
This is great! Can't wait to see the progress on what's to come. Great job!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
RemoteFlash has been updated to V0.5! It now runs in the background and starts at boot. The PC client has also been updated to support PC side Data/Cache Wipe. Give it a try!

Reactions: Tahde

Tahde

Nov 5, 2008
North Dallas
Okay, let us know how it goes!

Ok. Tested on my Galaxy S3. All ran good. Could there be an option for wiping just cache/dev cache? I'm running twrp 2.3.1.0. Device was recognized after about 35 seconds.

I messed around and ticked wipe thinking it was cache/dev cache (totally my fault for rushing). Lol. All good as I just restored my nand.

Will try on my GNote and my SGS4 this evening.

Update: successful flash on both my GNote and SGS4.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:
Reactions: Prl91

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RemoteFlash

Update! You Can Now Push And Install APK's To Your Device. Simply Use The PC Client As Before, Except Select An APK! No PC Client Update Required, Only The RemoteFlash APK.

**Note** If You Have Other Android Devices Running RemoteFlash Disable Their WiFi While Running "Auto-Scan". There Is No Need To Turn Off Any Other Devices.

RemoteFlash Has Been Added To Google Play! It Will Always Remain Free And Updated Here, But For Easier Updating And Download Stats, Purchase It On Google Play!

RemoteFlash allows you to flash ROMS, Mods, and Updates directly from your computer, over WiFi. You can also install APK's wirelessly. Also, a recovery that uses "OpenRecoveryScript", such as TWRP, is recommended. You may try it on CWMR, but it may not be able to flash anything depending on the build.

To use RemoteFlash simply download two files. One is a standalone Java application that you run on your computer. The other file is the RemoteFlash apk. After downloading and installing both programs, run the RemoteFlash apk. You will only need to run the app once. After opening RemoteFlash the first time just reboot your device. As soon as your device boots back up, RemoteFlash will be running. You can then open the PC client and click "Auto-Scan"(It may take anywhere between a second and two minutes to find your device), check/uncheck "Wipe Data/Cache", and click "Go". You will then be prompted to select a file, and it will be flashed directly to your device. Hopefully that's easy enough!

I hope you find RemoteFlash useful! I thought it would help save time and energy, at least for me. As for any issues you may encounter, feel free to post them here. Let me know what you think!

A big shout out goes to SystemErrorOne for his work on the new icon and hopefully his continued contributions! Thank you!

Updated RemoteFlash APK to V1.1 at 10:48 P.M. EST 6/10/2013​
    RemoteFlash APK:

V0.4:
    Fixed OutOfMemoryError on large files.
    Added drawable ProgressBar.
    Small code optimizations.

V0.5:
    Now runs as service at boot.
    Shows current IP at boot. **Need to add WiFi check in next release**

V0.6:
    Removed IP notification.
    Service now starts immediately at boot, and uses less than 3mb's of ram.

V0.7:
    Changed UI to Holo Blue. (Not used, but it looks better)

V0.8:
    Added ability to receive and install APK's.

V0.9:
    Updated Graphics/Icons! Big thanks to SystemErrorOne!

V1.0:
    Fixed Notification Drawer lag/screen freezing.

V1.1:
    Fixed APK Installation Feature.

RemoteFlash JAR:

V0.2:
    New GUI. Still silly looking lol
    Added Data/Cache Wipe to client

V0.3:
    Added "Auto-Scan"! (Let me know how you like it!)

What method are you using to recognize if the file becomes corrupted? And how is the file being transferred? Is it basically an ftp connection, or something else?

I'm using a try/catch to watch the transfer. If any bytes are sent out of order the connection is killed. By using TCP I have great control over the flow of bytes. I use a custom socket implementation for p2p file transport.

Big Update! RemoteFlash now has an "Auto-Scan" feature to find your phone on WiFi! Try it out and tell me what you think!