[Q] Record/microphone problems (?)

Search This thread

DeX1009

Feb 15, 2012
Napoli
Hi! I bought a Moto E dual sim from France. I have no problem with calls, but my records (with WhatsApp or specific apps) have a very low audio, compared with other devices. It's weird! When I call someone, he hears perfectly :eek:
Is it a hardware/software issue? Is it normal? Do I have to send it back to the shop and change it? Thank you all!

Ex-Hunter

Sep 4, 2013
Hey buddy, I also use the record function extensively, didn't happen to me yet. Can you just pop over to Settings>Sound>Volumes and check the volume levels there. If it is at proper levels. If thats not the problem, you may want to do some tests.
  1. Go to dialler and type *#*#2486#*#*
  2. Click on 'Start CQA Test in Menu Mode'
  3. Go to Audio and and do all the tests.
If all are working fine, and you still have that problem, its the time to call the customer service.

Reactions: DeX1009

DeX1009

Feb 15, 2012
Napoli
Hey buddy, I also use the record function extensively, didn't happen to me yet. Can you just pop over to Settings>Sound>Volumes and check the volume levels there. If it is at proper levels. If thats not the problem, you may want to do some tests.
If all are working fine, and you still have that problem, its the time to call the customer service.
Thank you. I did the tests with volume settings to the max.
  1. Ear speaker: with "Buzz test" the audio is low, with "Play Harvard speech pattern" audio is veeeery low (I can't understand what I hear)!
  2. Loudspeaker: this is very good.
  3. Mic Loopback: First time, no feedback here. I try choosing some options but I can't hear anything, and sometimes (e.g. with "Primary Mic low power") I have a crash of CQA test.
    Second time, I try choosing "default mic" and blowing into the microphone, I can hear a "swish" but the audio is still low (if I talk into the microphone I can't hear anything, maybe it's too low). Same with "primary mic". Finally, I hear a "cryptic" sound with "camcorder mic".

EDIT: when I launched CQA test for the first time, it didn't open. I only saw a frame that shows the CQA test, then it quickly closed. I had to reboot.

Last edited:

Ex-Hunter

Sep 4, 2013
Hmm..if that's the case I think the hardware is definitely faulty. Contact the customer support. I hope they replace your device or at-least fix the problem. Good luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.