[Completed] [Q] Elife e3 signal problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

myfavdepo

Jul 11, 2014
Hi,
This is Sreehari. I have been sing Gionee Elife E3 from October last year. First 3-4 months it worked without any problem.. But after that, it started to have frequently signal strength problems..

Frequently the signal bars goes from full to cross very fast. I cannot make a call at that time, but if I put the same SIM in another phone there is no problem. Even rebooting the phone doesn't solve the issue. many of my friends started to say that it is impoosible to get me on the phone most of the time..

Then I gave it to the service center and they flashed it.. It worked well from that point for around 2 weeks, then the problems started again.. after that I started flashing it on my own.. I installed the Chinese firmware to install custom ROMs (for Indian firmware custom ROMs were not available till recently) to see how it goes.. I tried the ColorOS over the Chinese firmware and things felt alright for around 2 weeks again.. now the problems started again and more severe than ever.. the phone is practically useless now that it cannot be relied at all..

I completely annoyed and puzzled by these.. if it is a firmware problem how does it go away after flashing and return after sometime? Could it be a problem with the radio/modem software?

I love this phone, it is awesome model and I don't want to leave it.. can anyone help me? I am not an Android developer but I do have some knowledge on flashing, recovery, backups etc. I can post any screenshot or logs as needed.

PS: I have a doubt on its wi-fi range as well since that also seems to drop very fast, not completely sure though..

Sreehari

Status
Not open for further replies.