[ROM][JB 4.2.1][AOKP/CM10] ReVolt JB I9100 [NIGHTLIES][OTA]

Search This thread

johnhany97

May 23, 2012
Cairo
www.iminisoft.org
John, really sorry to hear about your phone.

If you need any more testers let me know.

L
Thanks Man :D
I will let you know If i need anymore Testers :D

Hi again!

When i go to Settings > storage
Settings Crashs and i am again on the Homescreen.

I just wanted to change the USB connection Type to massstorage.

Someone else with the Same?

I am using Dorinmax 7.34 and IT runs very good and the batterystats are very good.

I like this Rom!

Thank you for the good work!

The errors you are seeing are because the Mounting Points aren't fixed yet ..
running revolt as main rom with siyah5 vsync, and no freezes so far. no lags and everything is smooth. :thumbup:
Enjoy ReVolt JB !!

Laurencito

Sep 16, 2012
Southampton
Hi John,

Gave the nightly 241212 a try with v7.35 Dorinanx kernel and 20121212 gapps.

Have had to revert as I'm trying to teach my self making live wallpaper and you can't use live wallpaper with this yet.

Never the less - Only two things I found when running it were:

1. It could not find any wifi when there phone first starts and asks you to sign in.
2. The camera auto exposure seems to be a bit intermitant. Some times you can go from a bright outdoor scene to an indoor scene and sometimes you can't.

Anyway let us know when the wallpaper thing is fixed and I'll join the nightly crew.

L

punkmonkey1984

Aug 16, 2008
Bucheon 부천시
Latest release I could not connect to my mobile data. Keep saying 'sign on'
Not sure if it is just my network or not.
Reverted back to my nandroid back up Works ok.

From my fingers to your face.

johnhany97

May 23, 2012
Cairo
www.iminisoft.org
Latest release I could not connect to my mobile data. Keep saying 'sign on'
Not sure if it is just my network or not.
Reverted back to my nandroid back up Works ok.

From my fingers to your face.

Apparently the Last build was a fail, I am building now another one and will upload once finished, for then, Enjoy ReVolt JB !!

pezze

Aug 18, 2008
Apparently the Last build was a fail, I am building now another one and will upload once finished, for then, Enjoy ReVolt JB !!

I've tried the last build with dorimanx kernel 7.35.

Everything works ok, the ROM is smooth and I like the new lockscreen.

Bugs I've found:

• On first boot/configuration the wifi didn't work. So I have to choose not to add Google account and do after first installation.
  • Settings->Storage: FC as someone already wrote.
  • Sometimes (mostly when browsing internet) the phone became unresponsive so I have to reset pressing power button for 5/6 seconds. (*)

Missing:

• DPI changer. (I miss the 200 DPI setting) :crying:
  • Photosphere camera

(*) I have the same problem with release 2.8.2. I think that the problem is when there are too many application opened. In 2.8.2 I saw that the problem is when free RAM is near 0. In the nightly there's no more memory informations in task manager unfortunatelly.

johnhany97

May 23, 2012
Cairo
www.iminisoft.org
I've tried the last build with dorimanx kernel 7.35.

Everything works ok, the ROM is smooth and I like the new lockscreen.

Bugs I've found:

• On first boot/configuration the wifi didn't work. So I have to choose not to add Google account and do after first installation.
  • Settings->Storage: FC as someone already wrote.
  • Sometimes (mostly when browsing internet) the phone became unresponsive so I have to reset pressing power button for 5/6 seconds. (*)

Missing:

• DPI changer. (I miss the 200 DPI setting) :crying:
  • Photosphere camera

(*) I have the same problem with release 2.8.2. I think that the problem is when there are too many application opened. In 2.8.2 I saw that the problem is when free RAM is near 0. In the nightly there's no more memory informations in task manager unfortunatelly.

As for the WiFi, I think that MIGHT just be related to GApps or the Kernel
As for the Settings => Storage, This is because Mounting Points aren't yet fixed ......
Now as for the Responsiveness, this also might be Kernel related, But I will see what I can do about it .

The DPI Changer hasn't been added by AOKP yet but you can modify it yourself in build.prop to whatever you like .....
PhotoShpere Camera can be regained by flashing the Android 4.2.1 Camera you used to flash over Android 4.1.2

You can know the RAM by enabling the RAM Bar in ROM Control
Enjoy ReVolt JB !!

Reactions: dukedusty

pezze

Aug 18, 2008
As for the WiFi, I think that MIGHT just be related to GApps or the Kernel
As for the Settings => Storage, This is because Mounting Points aren't yet fixed ......
Now as for the Responsiveness, this also might be Kernel related, But I will see what I can do about it .

The DPI Changer hasn't been added by AOKP yet but you can modify it yourself in build.prop to whatever you like .....
PhotoShpere Camera can be regained by flashing the Android 4.2.1 Camera you used to flash over Android 4.1.2

You can know the RAM by enabling the RAM Bar in ROM Control
Enjoy ReVolt JB !!

I've enabled RAM bar in ROM control so I can check if I am right about phone locks.

Which other kernels I can try with this ROM? Siyah?

Thanks, your work is great!

Brightlenny

Love this rom johnhany97 prior to revolt rom I was a big Resurrection Remix rom fan but you have converted me.

I have been flashing your nightly builds really stable considering they are nightlies. Anyway have tried flashing latest nightly 5 jan but keep getting error. anyone managed to install it?

johnhany97

May 23, 2012
Cairo
www.iminisoft.org
Love this rom johnhany97 prior to revolt rom I was a big Resurrection Remix rom fan but you have converted me.

I have been flashing your nightly builds really stable considering they are nightlies. Anyway have tried flashing latest nightly 5 jan but keep getting error. anyone managed to install it?

As for the 5 Jan nightly, I still didn't finish uploading it so it won't work .... Wait and I will post here when it is ready to be used .. for then, you can use 4 jan build ... Enjoy ReVolt JB !!

Reactions: Brightlenny

haramizuki

Jan 14, 2012
thistechiegirl.com
5 January Nightly has been uploaded, Enjoy ReVolt JB !!!!

whoa, so fast. jan 4 was stable for me the whole day. it didn't systemui fc even when i flashed JustUnbean after an hour of using the new nightly, cos i was having probs with gapps from goo. I did the same with rb but had systemui fc, so i switched back to revolt... again. hehe really stable, keep it up! you're doing a good job. :)

i hope i get a job soon so i can sign up for a cc and donate to devs!

johnhany97

May 23, 2012
Cairo
www.iminisoft.org
whoa, so fast. jan 4 was stable for me the whole day. it didn't systemui fc even when i flashed JustUnbean after an hour of using the new nightly, cos i was having probs with gapps from goo. I did the same with rb but had systemui fc, so i switched back to revolt... again. hehe really stable, keep it up! you're doing a good job. :)

i hope i get a job soon so i can sign up for a cc and donate to devs!

Awesome !! I used to flash Inverted GApps but I just can't find a working download link for it now !! :D Whatever, I hope you Enjoy ReVolt JB !!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ReVolt-OP-Top.png

What is This ??
    This is a thread Specifically targeting ReVolt JB ROM's Nightlies for their Support, Releasing and Discussion. I created this thread for users to find and help in finding the bugs in Nightlies to be able to reach better builds.

Anything Else should I know ??
    Yeah, ReVolt ROM is known to have Aroma in it's builds .... Well in Nightlies, there won't be AROMA to facilitate the uploading of the ROM for me :) and to give us the option to have the SAME EXACT build !!

Finally
    I have some rules for the Nightlies, First, These builds aren't meant for people looking for Stable builds, Never change kernel that comes with it unless I asked for it, The builds will be released when I see that a Nightly is needed ..

Why ReVolt ROM ?
    ReVolt ROM is based on AOKP Source with Cherrypicks from CM. ReVolt ROM offers you smoothness, Stability. I will not say for Example that It's the Best ROM(Because Every Developer can Say whatever he wants about his ROM), You try it and let me know what you think ...

Please Don't Forget to donate if you like my Work ! :) Donate Here

op-installing.png

If coming from a Samsung Stock ROM:

1-Read this article on How to root your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 (Link)
    2-Wipe Data
    3-Wipe Cache
    4-Wipe Dalvik-Cache
    5-Format /system
    6-Flash ROM
    7-Flash GApps
    8-Wipe Cache / Dalvik-Cache
    9-Enjoy ReVolt ROM !!

If Coming from another Custom ROM:

1-Wipe Data
    2-Wipe Cache
    3-Wipe Dalvik-Cache
    4-Format /system
    5-Flash ROM
    6-Flash GApps
    7-Wipe Cache / Dalvik-Cache
    8-Enjoy ReVolt ROM !!

If Upgrading from an older ReVolt Nightly:

1-Wipe Cache
    2-Wipe Dalvik-Cache
    3-Flash ROM
    4-Flash GApps
    5-Wipe Cache / Dalvik-Cache
    6-Enjoy ReVolt ROM !!

If Upgrading from a 4.1.2 ReVolt Version and you want to flash a 4.2.1 Nightly:

1-Wipe Data
    2-Wipe Cache
    3-Wipe Dalvik-Cache
    4-Flash ROM
    5-Flash GApps
    6-Wipe Cache / Dalvik-Cache
    7-Enjoy ReVolt ROM !!

op-downloads.png

LINK TAKEN DOWN

op-changelog.png

Nothing to see here yet !
    op-bigthanks.png

1-XDA Developers
    2-bajee11 (Aroma Installation Files)
    3-AOKP Team
    4-CM Team
    5-Cyberboob (Logo / Wallpapers / Signatures / ReVolt ROM Thread Organization)
    6-BigDenn (Bootanimation)
    7-TheWierd (Download Center / Support)
    8-ReVolt ROM Supporters & Loyal Users ;)

op-donators.png

1-Laurencito
    2-schtiven
    3-adityawagle
    4-fgoyti
    5-adityawagle
    6-Bishal Pantha

op-videos.png

Review by Zedomax @GalaxyS2Root.com:

Review by galelo11 @YouTube: | | | | Review by MrSindo86 @YouTube:

Review by hypnobabes @YouTube:

Screenshots
    4.2.1 ones coming soon !
    FINAL_1.png

FINAL_2.png

FINAL_3.png

Signatures

rvsig1_zps94b2bc03.png
    rvsig2_zps83d7e7bb.png

rvsig3_zps27aede57.png
    rvsig4_zps973f0ef8.png

Social Networks
    Facebook Page
    Follow me On Twitter

New Nightly Released !! Enjoy ReVolt JB !!
    It is going to be founf here : goo.im/devs/Revolt/ReVolt_JB_I9100/Nightlies
    This one is 20120103 ..... Enjoy ReVolt JB !!
    20130107 nightly has been uploaded !! Bug Fixes, Multi-user ... Enjoy ReVolt JB !!

Yes this is for CM10.1, I will add it and it's other part .... Thanks for the idea :D
    Nightly Uploaded, Enjoy ReVolt JB !!!