(2 April 2009) S2U2 v1.62 - dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

arnbos

Mar 19, 2009
disable sms popup?

I'm absolutely loving S2U2, except for one minor thing. Although I like being able to display a new sms right on the locked screen, I'd prefer it if it didn't appear automatically, but only if I press the icon. If this is possible, I haven't been able to find out how to set it up.
Right now, if my phone is on a table for example and I recieve a message, it's right there for the world to read. So, is it possible to set it up to popup only after the icon is pressed? And if not, could this be implemented in the next version?

For the rest, great stuff! Keep it up!

mikimond

Oct 8, 2008
NOW WORKS!!!!

ok i found a solution to everyone's issue with the incoming call, when you slide to answer it wont work correctly. well to find out it has nothing to do wit the s2u2 program i had tweak the timing out for data connection.So this work only for sprint user and it will work if you know your access info to get data.

Code:
Check your windows registry (PHM Registry Editor):
HKLM/Comm/ConnMgr/Planner/Settings/SuspendResume

if it reads GPRS (or something like that) make sure you change to 777#

it was quoted here
Code:
http://www.smartphonejunkie.com/showpost.php?p=323692&postcount=2

good luck :)

Thanks reddick!!!!
I also have this problem on S2U2. Today I have tried ThrottleLock but also with this one the S2A didn't work.

Now I've tried your suggestion on TL and seem to be working fine.
I will try it on S2U2 asap. I love it!!! (Thanks A_C!!!)

Jokes On You

Sep 29, 2008
I'm absolutely loving S2U2, except for one minor thing. Although I like being able to display a new sms right on the locked screen, I'd prefer it if it didn't appear automatically, but only if I press the icon. If this is possible, I haven't been able to find out how to set it up.
Right now, if my phone is on a table for example and I recieve a message, it's right there for the world to read. So, is it possible to set it up to popup only after the icon is pressed? And if not, could this be implemented in the next version?

For the rest, great stuff! Keep it up!

Disabling SMS Popup does kind of what you want.

kons45

Oct 17, 2007
Hi, awesome prog. One qn I can't seem to silence the phone by pressing teh vol key. Am using a Touch HD and have Slide to Ans and Caller ID. Is there an option I am not activating?

Mafioso

Nov 13, 2007
Pune
s2u2 locking miomap

Hi Guys,

Is there anyway to stop s2u2 v1.62 from locking miomap...i've configured Miomap such that backlight doesn't ever go off but still s2u2 locks it...is there anyway to prevent it :confused:

Regards,

Lokks

It seems like since i installed S2U2 1.62 the Omnia smart reader stopped working. another user experienced the same thing. I was wondering if there is a work around or a fix for tis and if anyone with the Omnia has experienced the same thing.

Thanks

Can anyone please comment on this thanks

SeaComms

May 31, 2009
What do you mean by not working? I had never used the quick reader before, but just tried it then and got garble when it tried to read a document (might have been to dark). But then tried a business card and it didnt work the first time, the second time it worked fine??

Since you have the Omnia, does your next alarm indication work in the clock display? Mine always shows 12:00am no matter what alarm I have set.

Jokes On You

Sep 29, 2008
What do you mean by not working? I had never used the quick reader before, but just tried it then and got garble when it tried to read a document (might have been to dark). But then tried a business card and it didnt work the first time, the second time it worked fine??

Since you have the Omnia, does your next alarm indication work in the clock display? Mine always shows 12:00am no matter what alarm I have set.

With the alarm thing that happens when you use Samsung clock to set your alarm. You have to use the alarm in the settings menu for the time to work correctly.

SeaComms

May 31, 2009
With the alarm thing that happens when you use Samsung clock to set your alarm. You have to use the alarm in the settings menu for the time to work correctly.
Yep, spot on. Just tested it and it works on the operating system alarm settings. That sucks, since there are only 3 alarms and very limited (and crappy) alarm tones! (and the samsung ones are so easy to set)

Guess I will go without next alarm notification in favour of easier to use alarms :)

No one able to advise how to modify the registry to recognise the Samsung alarms?

Last edited:

moesfeld

Jan 6, 2009
Yep, spot on. Just tested it and it works on the operating system alarm settings. That sucks, since there are only 3 alarms and very limited (and crappy) alarm tones! (and the samsung ones are so easy to set)

Guess I will go without next alarm notification in favour of easier to use alarms :)

No one able to advise how to modify the registry to recognise the Samsung alarms?

You could use G-Alarm Its very powerful and the upcomming alarm shows properly in s2u2

markpud

Feb 18, 2009
Manchester
Hey A_C.. I have been using this app for a while and it's great :)

One small feature request if u get chance.. the option to change the wallpaper image, I'd prefer to change the option for the autochange from 60m max to 24 hours max.

I love to see different images, but not every hour lol!

Thanks, Mark

NXT-Inspire

Jan 24, 2007
Your software is great! It runs very well under WM6.5 :) But please remove your scrolling text on the bottom of the screen which appears sometimes when I lock the device.

Lokks

Well it will look like it is about to open but after a few minutes nothing I noticed this after I installed s2u2. Regarding the alarm issue i have the same issue as well but it looks like it has been answered.

holmanm

Apr 13, 2006
But please remove your scrolling text on the bottom of the screen which appears sometimes when I lock the device.

You mean the part that gives him credit for creating free software for you to use on your phone. What are you wanting to do tell your friends you created it or sell it on Ebay?

"Gee I like that Mona Lisa painting, could you remove that Leonardo Da Vinci from the bottom corner of it, it screws up the whole look."

ZoneBlaze

Mar 16, 2009
Hi, awesome prog. One qn I can't seem to silence the phone by pressing teh vol key. Am using a Touch HD and have Slide to Ans and Caller ID. Is there an option I am not activating?

i don't think there's a settings option for that cause s2u2 locks everything. cept maybe camera or other hardware btns on certain phones.

richabi

Oct 29, 2007
Houston, TX
Try turning off Auto-dismiss Notifications

And then if you have any notifications pop up in front of s2u2.
Go to System/Personal/Sounds&Notifications/Notifications and turn off Display Message On Screen for each type.

The Auto Dismiss function is turned off by default...as for the notification advice you have, is the alarm considered a "reminder?" that is the only event in the drop box i could see related to the alarm notification.

Status
Not open for further replies.