[Q] Unlock N5100 Bootloader

Search This thread

cojones

Jan 14, 2004
Faringdon
Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before, I have searched the forums and google but not found the specific answer for the N5100. There are so many warnings about flashing a custom ROM without an unlocked bootloader and how it will brick your device that I haven't flashed one yet. My question is, is it absolutely necessary to unlock the bootloader and if so, how can I do it? There are no links to N5100 specific tools to unlock it and I can't find a way using any of the toolkits or utilities. There are custom ROMs available for the N5100 so people must be flashing them, right? If so, how did they unlock their bootloaders?

Thanks,

Coj

burgeke

Aug 19, 2010
Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before, I have searched the forums and google but not found the specific answer for the N5100. There are so many warnings about flashing a custom ROM without an unlocked bootloader and how it will brick your device that I haven't flashed one yet. My question is, is it absolutely necessary to unlock the bootloader and if so, how can I do it? There are no links to N5100 specific tools to unlock it and I can't find a way using any of the toolkits or utilities. There are custom ROMs available for the N5100 so people must be flashing them, right? If so, how did they unlock their bootloaders?

Thanks,

Coj

This is what I used. Says 5100 supported.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2291839

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

cojones

Jan 14, 2004
Faringdon
this is the device information shown in toolkit, it suggests the bootloader is still locked. Is it?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 1,277

burgeke

Aug 19, 2010
this is the device information shown in toolkit, it suggests the bootloader is still locked. Is it?

I didn't have to do anything except CF AutoRoot then flash the recovery. However, I have a 5110 so hopefully someone here can validate for you just in case.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

cojones

Jan 14, 2004
Faringdon
OK, so I took a punt and flashed knowing that I could brick my device but lack of specific info prompted me into it. It worked and I'm glad to say and I'm now running a nice custom ROM. One more question, is there a repository for stock apps on here?

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk