[Q] XT907 verizon doesn't want to flash stock Rom using RDS lite

Search This thread

Dark Karas

Jan 22, 2014
La Grande
So I'm trying to fix a customers Razr M and I'm thinking the os got screwed up somewhere. I tried factory resetting his phone thru the boot loader menu and now it will only boot to that mode. So I tried getting the stock OS rom and got the device into the fastboot menu. I downloaded all the latest drivers and tried the flash. Every time I get the error, failed flashing process 3/21 flash partition "gpt.bin" -> phone returned Fail. Is there a different rom that I should be trying? or is this phone beyond repair? Any suggestions would help out soooo much. Thanks guys! :)

Coolbilal

Aug 21, 2014
I m getting the same problem and device stuck on bootloop
BootLoader unlocked
status code 3
rooted CWM recovery installed

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
BootLoader unlocked
status code 3

Can you provide a bit more detail please... I see you have posted on three places regarding this issue yet never said what your doing to try and resolve this issue... Are you using rsd lite like the op is? What are you flashing? Are you getting the same error as op? I see you got in this situation while trying to flash CM11 in CWM is that correct?

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.

Reactions: ATTACK

Coolbilal

Aug 21, 2014
Can you provide a bit more detail please... I see you have posted on three places regarding this issue yet never said what your doing to try and resolve this issue... Are you using rsd lite like the op is? What are you flashing? Are you getting the same error as op? I see you got in this situation while trying to flash CM11 in CWM is that correct?

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.

Yes i tried flashing cm11 in CWM and also tried MOkee Rom
now i formated system too i m stuck now
i cant download the file from the motorola's server there is no resume support in it and i m using RSD lite v6.1.6 and it won't recognize my device

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
i cant download the file from the motorola's server there is no resume support in it and i m using RSD lite v6.1.6 and it won't recognize my device
Is your device placed in fastboot, correct drivers installed to your PC, using a OEM Motorola USB cable, and a 2.0 USB port?

Coolbilal

Aug 21, 2014
Is your device placed in fastboot, correct drivers installed to your PC, using a OEM Motorola USB cable, and a 2.0 USB port?

yes all motorola device drivers are installed correctly but i dont have the OEM Motorola USB cable
i m using micro USB cable of someone else
my device is placed in fastboot every things are OK but it stucks on Warning Boot screen

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
If its stuck on the boot logo then its not in fastboot mode.... Place the device in fastboot mode then plug it into the PC

Coolbilal

Aug 21, 2014
If its stuck on the boot logo then its not in fastboot mode.... Place the device in fastboot mode then plug it into the PC

i put my device in fastboot by pressing and holding both the volume + power button and select AP Fastboot
i can also put my device on recovery
when my device is in AP Fastboot mode PC recognize it but RSD lite won't
what should i do now? :rolleyes:

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
You have the firmware downloaded from link posted in second post correct? Then with your device in fastboot mode plug into pc open rsd is the start button grayed out... Are you able to click start?

Dark Karas

Jan 22, 2014
La Grande
Are you using the stock 4.4.2 firmware from here [/URL]?

Yeah that's the file I found. Now I don't know what update the customer was on when the device quit, but I figured if I tried the newest one it would work. Also in my RDS lite screen under device properties all of the status's say N/A is that right? and under device list it is coming up as fastboot SMQ S. Does any of that seem odd? I'm going to try and download device drivers again.

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
Yeah that's the file I found. Now I don't know what update the customer was on when the device quit, but I figured if I tried the newest one it would work. Also in my RDS lite screen under device properties all of the status's say N/A is that right? and under device list it is coming up as fastboot SMQ S. Does any of that seem odd? I'm going to try and download device drivers again.

that looks right... the only topic I was able to find makes it sound like their trying to flash an older version... But here lately that's been giving the getvar error... Let us know

Dark Karas

Jan 22, 2014
La Grande
that looks right... the only topic I was able to find makes it sound like their trying to flash an older version... But here lately that's been giving the getvar error... Let us know

OK so I tried updating the drivers, that didn't work. It's still giving me the same error. The getvar error I was getting at first so I tried a different os rom and that's when I got the GPT.bin error and now the phone will only boot to the fastboot menu and the reason its giving me is "sticky bit factory_fastboot" so IDK what to do now

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
OK so I tried updating the drivers, that didn't work. It's still giving me the same error. The getvar error I was getting at first so I tried a different os rom and that's when I got the GPT.bin error and now the phone will only boot to the fastboot menu and the reason its giving me is "sticky bit factory_fastboot" so IDK what to do now

You cant downgrade with a locked bootloader. You must use 183.46.10.

1. Open up the 183.46.10 sbf zip
2. Then open the VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml with Notepad++ and erase:
Code:
<step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />
3. Save and close
4. Retry flashing with RSD lite

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
i put my device in fastboot by pressing and holding both the volume + power button and select AP Fastboot
i can also put my device on recovery
when my device is in AP Fastboot mode PC recognize it but RSD lite won't
what should i do now? :rolleyes:
Are you sure it's not recognizing it? My phone info didn't show up the last time I used RSD, it just showed that something was connected.

Sent from your Mom's M8

For_itembine

Dec 8, 2011
im pretty sure you have to delete the< GPT sentence> with notepad, thats what i did, and tz or tg sentence also. flashed my international version to ics verizon, no network, so i flashed back to international retail

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Ya i m sure i use matts utility it didnt work

uninstall all your motorola stuff

download

motocast

Coolbilal

Aug 21, 2014
im pretty sure you have to delete the< GPT sentence> with notepad, thats what i did, and tz or tg sentence also. flashed my international version to ics verizon, no network, so i flashed back to international retail

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

uninstall all your motorola stuff

download

motocast

it worked
thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You cant downgrade with a locked bootloader. You must use 183.46.10.

1. Open up the 183.46.10 sbf zip
    2. Then open the VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml with Notepad++ and erase:
    Code:
    <step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />
    3. Save and close
    4. Retry flashing with RSD lite
    Are you using the stock 4.4.2 firmware from here ?

BootLoader unlocked
    status code 3