root?

Search This thread

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
Okay so ive seen a few posts on xda from the s-off devs already. How long you think till we get unlocked and rooted?

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
Not long. Lol.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Believe me. This phone will have the best of the best devs. Won't b long bro.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: fix-this!

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
The international one has root and recovery already. I guess htc dev works to. Maybe us at&t users will luck out.

thecrunked

May 8, 2013
do we know if this device has a locked bootloader that will be hard to crack or will they actually design it to be unlocked like sony does.

im trying to decide between m8 and z2, and i know sony has been cool in the past with allowing the phone to be easily rooted and unlocked to allow flashing. i am coming from a galaxy s4 with unlocked mdk bootloader but i am upgrading and i want to be able to mod my phone

OneStepAhead

May 2, 2009
Madison, WI
diztronic.com
do we know if this device has a locked bootloader that will be hard to crack or will they actually design it to be unlocked like sony does.

im trying to decide between m8 and z2, and i know sony has been cool in the past with allowing the phone to be easily rooted and unlocked to allow flashing. i am coming from a galaxy s4 with unlocked mdk bootloader but i am upgrading and i want to be able to mod my phone

I ordered an m8 to test our cases on, but the z2 is the one I'm really looking forward to. It will have to be amazing though for me to give up my Note 3 screen real estate!

Fidelio_o

Sep 1, 2007
Already. Unlocked bootloader via HTC Dev. AT&T must have forgot lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

droidiac13

Jul 19, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
I'm just concerned because I may be moving to att next and at the end of my 12 month I can turn the phone in and upgrade to a new one and want to be able to relock it so I don't have an issue when giving it back to AT&T

I have returned quite a few phones that I have relocked and unrooted without one problem through warranty exchange. I'm not concerned with it at all and I am on the Next program as of this phone. Besides that, the warranty is up after the 1st year. This is just my experience and I can't speak for everyone.

DirtyDroidX

Jan 7, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'm just concerned because I may be moving to att next and at the end of my 12 month I can turn the phone in and upgrade to a new one and want to be able to relock it so I don't have an issue when giving it back to AT&T

As long as you return the phone with a stock system ,boot,recovery etc and relock you will be okay my friend.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts