[MOD][Theme Chooser] 4/12/11 Speedometer Battery Gauge with 1% increments

Search This thread

CondemnedSoul

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
This is my first Theme Chooser mod. All it changes is the battery Icon in the status bar to a speedometer type icon with battery levels displayed in 1% increments. All you need to do is download the apk, install like an app, select the SpeedoBatteryMod from Theme Chooser and reboot. It has been tested on the Eris and also used on the Hero and Wildfire. Should work with mdpi and hdpi devices. If you get the error shown in the second screenshot just hit apply anyway. Hope everyone enjoys it as much as it's been enjoyed on the Eris!

Updated 4/12/2011 - Should not have any problems now with any Theme Chooser version or device :)

NOTE: When using this theme you need to disable display battery percentages in CM settings for the battery icon to work properly.

Download here.

Screens:
5474844387_291c349bc2.jpg

5475442228_e55fc1537b.jpg

Last edited:

kamots

Jun 28, 2010
Atlanta
Dang! Wont install. Got a parsing error on captivate running twingerbread 3.2 was looking forward to this too:-(

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

XsceneXhippieX

Oct 17, 2010
Is there any way I could modify this apk to be a metamorph zip? I like the battery gauge a lot but love the honey bread theme, I was interested in combining them (kinda) using metamorph to theme the batt, I could do it myself if someone directed me to a how to thread

CondemnedSoul

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Is there any way I could modify this apk to be a metamorph zip? I like the battery gauge a lot but love the honey bread theme, I was interested in combining them (kinda) using metamorph to theme the batt, I could do it myself if someone directed me to a how to thread

There is a sticky in this section for how to create metamorph themes. I haven't done one myself. I usually make my themes flashable zip files. If you want to give it a shot or Pm me if you want and I'll see what I can come up with for you.

v941726

Jun 7, 2010
Rochester NY
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

when i did it on my inc the battery mod was funky(didnt work), but it didnt mess with the honey bread theme. so is there a need for this?

punee

Sep 24, 2010

I actually found the speedo metamorph theme a month ago on an EVO thread here.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=883026

keep scrolling down until you see the Notif Bar Metamorphs. I opted for the Riptide Bundle on my MotoDroid and it works, just the 3G icon is a little diff. So if u like the Riptide but want the speedo, just flash Ripptide, then flash the the speedo to only adjust the battery icon.

Last edited:

Kevets

Mar 20, 2010
Thanks for the speedo. Works great on a CDMA Hero with aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.3 / CM7 (Gingerbread)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my first Theme Chooser mod. All it changes is the battery Icon in the status bar to a speedometer type icon with battery levels displayed in 1% increments. All you need to do is download the apk, install like an app, select the SpeedoBatteryMod from Theme Chooser and reboot. It has been tested on the Eris and also used on the Hero and Wildfire. Should work with mdpi and hdpi devices. If you get the error shown in the second screenshot just hit apply anyway. Hope everyone enjoys it as much as it's been enjoyed on the Eris!

Updated 4/12/2011 - Should not have any problems now with any Theme Chooser version or device :)

NOTE: When using this theme you need to disable display battery percentages in CM settings for the battery icon to work properly.

Download here.

Screens:
    5474844387_291c349bc2.jpg

5475442228_e55fc1537b.jpg
    CondemnedSoul I am developing a ROM for the Motorola Cliq XT & would like to attempt to port your battery mod to my new ROM. Would you mind if I used your mod & give proper credit to you. Thanks

I don't mind at all.. if you need anything just send me a pm if you'd like.

Sent from my ERIS using XDA App
    i have the amoled screen. others have slcd. maybe thats it?

edit: guess what? i unchecked battery % and instantly it came up. very nice. i like it. so there is the answer i guess

and honeybread is completely intact

Lol. Cool. I didn't think that should make a difference but I guess it does. Thanks for letting me know and glad it's working for you now :D
    I'm not sure if this would work right as a metamorph or not due to the fact of a resources file having to be built... I can look into it though. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out what's causing the error. I hope to have an update in the next day or 2 as long as I can get the time to mess with it :)
    I like the honeybread theme. Anyway you can make this so it only changes the battery and nothing else?

I'll do the same with the Honeybread theme. Just need to get the apk and I'll see if I can mod that one for you too. :D