[Rom][Sense5][JB 4.2.2][Dec 30][OTA updates]MagioRom R5.0.2

Search This thread

ImagioX1

Sep 18, 2012

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Welcome to MagioROM for the HTC One XL! The most fully themed sense 5 rom available!

Unlocked bootloader Xfactor root exploit
Twrp 2.3.3.0 or lower or TWRP 2.6 TWRP Recovery
Battery>50% make sure phone is plugged into charger before flashing
S-off prefered Facepalm S-off Guide
1.Make nandroid of your current rom.
2 Wipe cache,dalvik cache, system, and factory reset
3.Flash rom
4 If your're s-off or on hboot 1.09 then you can reboot to system. If your're not s-off and have hboot 1.14 or greater go to step 5
5 Reboot to bootloader and select fastboot
6 Open the rom.zip and copy the boot.img to your fastboot directory.
7.Plug phone into computer and verify connection
8 Flash boot.img with this command: fastboot flash boot boot.img
9 Now you can reboot to system and enjoy the rom:cool:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you experience data drops and reboots follow the step in the op of this thread to update your firmware
Firmware update
If that is too risky for you you can flash this in recovery and should fix you data issues without flashing the hboot.
Thanks to carl1961 for making it.
Link removed
Kernel
3.4.10-g240d4d5
roor@abm030 #1
SMP PREEMPT

Member of Team MagioROM
Lead Developer Rom Owner: ImagioX1
Lead Themer / Developer: grinder19
Developer(Member of Team Blackout): MadMax
Developer: E.Cadro
Video Producer / Tester: @Phonefanboys
Tester: timmaaa / Zick / others
Turge for the new 4.2.2 rom base
Zarboz for his amazing kernel work
Cnexus for help with various things
Xposed framework- Credits to @rovo89 http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1574401
If you have any contributions such as bug fixes, ideas, themes, or anything don't hesitate to post them and or pm me. I'll add them to the next update or post them in the op for download.

XDA:DevDB Information
MagioROM, a ROM for the AT&T HTC One X

Contributors
ImagioX1, grinder19, pandasa123
ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 2.15
Based On: Stock

Version Information
Current Stable Version: R5.0.2
Stable Release Date: 2013-08-09

Created 2013-09-10
Last Updated 2014-03-25

Last edited:

ImagioX1

Sep 18, 2012
Reserved

R5.0.2
Fixed aroma errors
Adder MagioAROMA Theme
R5.0.1
Rebased on Telstra WWE
Battery life and performance tweaks
Aroma installer
Fixed notification background color
Fixed polaris office
Added myhub (Thanks to @mikrosmile)
Added apm
Added 5x6 prism (Thank to @lyapota)
Fixed aroma installer errors (thanks to @carl1961)
R4.0.2
3x4,4x5,5x6 app drawer @lyapota
4.1.2 style scrollable HEQS @lyapota
4.2.2 style HEQS
Rearrangeable tile EQS with torch enabled @lyapota
Musicbox-doesn't seem to be working @lyapota
Fixed Home menu @lyapota
45 step volume mod
R4.0.1
APM by @Jonny
Menu on hone screen by @lyapota
5x6 app drawer by@E.Cadro
New MagioROM boot and down animations
R4
Based on TMobile Germany 5.08.111.2.CL227463 release keys by@Turge
Deodexed
Rooted
Busybox
Zipaligned
init.d support
debloated
OTA update support
Adaway
Titanium backup
Antek Explorer
Xposed installer
Horizontal extended quick settings
Extened native JB quicksettings
Kernel Tuner
White Battery percentage mod (Thanks E.Cadro)
All apps updated to newest version
Pre-Android 4.2.2
No longer supported

Last edited:

alexhp26

Nov 26, 2012
Monterrey
Am i the only one that liked the 3x4 grid on the app drawer ?? It looked clean to me, and now Its gone :(

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

archie winnington-ingram

Jun 13, 2010
Edinburgh
You have asked for ideas and I have said it before but here goes;

I like the idea of aroma installer with options for all the different eqs, transparent nav bar and status bar, and gesture shortcuts like those that are options in apex.

The most important thing in a Rom is surely stability, battery life, developer support and flexibility. So far, you guys have nailed these. And props for opening a new thread. Here's hoping it doesn't get trashed like the last!

This is literally the best Rom I have used as far as those fundamentals. The only thing I am missing is the customisation available in viper and non-sense launchers.

I hope this post is constructive....

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ImagioX1

Sep 18, 2012
You have asked for ideas and I have said it before but here goes;

I like the idea of aroma installer with options for all the different eqs, transparent nav bar and status bar, and gesture shortcuts like those that are options in apex.

The most important thing in a Rom is surely stability, battery life, developer support and flexibility. So far, you guys have nailed these. And props for opening a new thread. Here's hoping it doesn't get trashed like the last!

This is literally the best Rom I have used as far as those fundamentals. The only thing I am missing is the customisation available in viper and non-sense launchers.

I hope this post is constructive....

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for your suggestions. I have been working on getting everything together for aroma installer for quite some time now. I promise it will be in the next full Rom update. Of course I can't say when this will be but hopefully soon. However I don't think I will be offering de-sensing options. I think you will love the next update.:)

Sent from my HTC One XL using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
Please direct all questions to the MagioRom q&a thread here.

Sent from my Evita
YES to this.
Smiley%20exactly.gif
Please use the

This is a brand new thread, all shiny and sparkly.
For those with the urge to answer non development questions, you too need to remember to either ignor or direct people to the Q&A.

Lets all work together to keep this thread on task.
ghost%20smiley2.gif

Thank you,
XDA Moderators

Last edited:

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
I hope this is perceived as a development question: with the new HTC One 4.3 AT&T release, will portions, such as open gl 3.0 be ported?

jrodri29

Oct 6, 2008
Jupiter, FL
Great Rom magio! I've been using the rom for about six days and I have to say, I've benched my galaxy note 2 for a little. This Rom makes me want to use my one x again. Just one quick question? Is there a way to add Spanish language for this keyboard? Thanks in advance and again, awesome Rom!

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
Great Rom magio! I've been using the rom for about six days and I have to say, I've benched my galaxy note 2 for a little. This Rom makes me want to use my one x again. Just one quick question? Is there a way to add Spanish language for this keyboard? Thanks in advance and again, awesome Rom!

Another user asked the same question to Imagio in the other thread, so I'm just copy/pasting his link

It's a recovery install.

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2243463&d=1378651312

uNdea

Sep 26, 2012
Ballery life..

After installing R4, battery life extremely decreased..
Do you guys have same experience?

grinder19

Oct 6, 2010
Wolverhampton
www.magiorom.com
After installing R4, battery life extremely decreased..
Do you guys have same experience?

1378979651310.jpg

Let the phone settle it takes 2-4 charge cycles to experience decent battery after flashing a Rom. Keep an eye on wakelocks using better battery stats

Also I'm writing some code to give at least extra 3hrs battery life :)

"There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols."
ViperJBx appears to be one of these Ghosts :)

If you like my work please consider Donating to me :)
25% of all donations will be going to cancer research uk
Sent from my HTC One X+

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
What's even worse than one "non-dev" question is 5 posts about it not being a "dev question"

Use the report button, but keep in mind that we allow a certain amount of that in these threads as long as the OP is ok with it. People downloading this ROM are going to ask questions about it, as long as it does not get out of hand it's not the end of the world.

edit:

having said that, since there is a dedicated Q&A thread, let's try to keep most questions in there...

ImagioX1

Sep 18, 2012
Just to let people know what going on. I'm getting a large collection of mods together so we can package them into a zip with the Rom and release R4.1. I've been kind of tired lately so I'm a little slow but hopefully it will be ready soon. The colored weather, enhanced gradient prism, all app drawer grid sizes, and enhanced battery life are just a few of the things you'll be able to choose in the aroma.:)

Sent from my HTC One XL using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

JCon0320

May 31, 2012
San Leandro, CA
I just flashed the r4, and then updated to the 4.0.1 and I was able to do the initial setup just fine, and then I had to do a reboot. Now I keep getting stuck at the boot up screen. Doing a force reboot/wipe caches does not work. My phone still gets stuck @ boot after the Android is upgrading screen. I have hboot 2.14, and s-off. I flashed using twrp 2.6. I did not flash the boot.img.

Update : doing a full wipe and reflashing r4 & ota in recovery still does not solve this issue. I was only able to boot to the os once. I'm now at a loss.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379107753165.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379107753165.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Welcome to MagioROM for the HTC One XL! The most fully themed sense 5 rom available!

Unlocked bootloader Xfactor root exploit
    Twrp 2.3.3.0 or lower or TWRP 2.6 TWRP Recovery
    Battery>50% make sure phone is plugged into charger before flashing
    S-off prefered Facepalm S-off Guide
    1.Make nandroid of your current rom.
    2 Wipe cache,dalvik cache, system, and factory reset
    3.Flash rom
    4 If your're s-off or on hboot 1.09 then you can reboot to system. If your're not s-off and have hboot 1.14 or greater go to step 5
    5 Reboot to bootloader and select fastboot
    6 Open the rom.zip and copy the boot.img to your fastboot directory.
    7.Plug phone into computer and verify connection
    8 Flash boot.img with this command: fastboot flash boot boot.img
    9 Now you can reboot to system and enjoy the rom:cool:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you experience data drops and reboots follow the step in the op of this thread to update your firmware
    Firmware update
    If that is too risky for you you can flash this in recovery and should fix you data issues without flashing the hboot.
    Thanks to carl1961 for making it.
    Link removed
    Kernel
    3.4.10-g240d4d5
    roor@abm030 #1
    SMP PREEMPT

Member of Team MagioROM
    Lead Developer Rom Owner: ImagioX1
    Lead Themer / Developer: grinder19
    Developer(Member of Team Blackout): MadMax
    Developer: E.Cadro
    Video Producer / Tester: @Phonefanboys
    Tester: timmaaa / Zick / others
    Turge for the new 4.2.2 rom base
    Zarboz for his amazing kernel work
    Cnexus for help with various things
    Xposed framework- Credits to @rovo89 http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1574401
    If you have any contributions such as bug fixes, ideas, themes, or anything don't hesitate to post them and or pm me. I'll add them to the next update or post them in the op for download.

XDA:DevDB Information
    MagioROM, a ROM for the AT&T HTC One X

Contributors
    ImagioX1, grinder19, pandasa123
    ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 2.15
    Based On: Stock

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: R5.0.2
    Stable Release Date: 2013-08-09

Created 2013-09-10
    Last Updated 2014-03-25
    I know yall have been waiting for 4.1 a while now. I been having like only 2 to 3 hours a day to any significant deving and most of those while im tired. I got one more mod to complete and then itll be nearly done. Kinda of a major update so itll go to the beta testers first. We're looking at a release some time next week. Best version of MagioROM to date:cool:
    Well I've gotten my phone back. Looks brand spanking new. New screen new case new speakers. Ready to go.

I'll be getting back on this Rom and getting updates out soon as I can. Got to re-root, run the firmware updates, and all that good stuff. Kinda been busy with life atm so it may take me a few days to actually start on another update. Trust me it's coming though and is going to be better than ever.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Well guys i been away for a while. Got a lot of other stuff I have got to get done. But Ive managed to fix the only issue in the rom that testers reported to me. Now its just a matter of getting aroma and myhub set up. So short on time right now but ill get it done as soon as I can. Havent even been in the developer hangouts :silly: chat. Sorry bout the long wait...
    Countdown starting this week expect surprises and more customisation than you can manage :) performance 75% better battery life 50% better and theming 100% better

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app