[Q] Nexus S not discovering enterprise network

Search This thread

Freddiey13

May 12, 2014
Hi I have a Nexus S on 4.0.4 and I am having trouble connecting to my school wifi. It is a WPA2 Enterprise network with mschapv2 authentication, my phone doesn't see it at all even though my friend next to me can connect fine on a fourth gen iPod Touch. Could someone please help me as this is quite frustrating.

Cheers Liam

smit.sanghavi

Apr 19, 2012
Mumbai
Hi I have a Nexus S on 4.0.4 and I am having trouble connecting to my school wifi. It is a WPA2 Enterprise network with mschapv2 authentication, my phone doesn't see it at all even though my friend next to me can connect fine on a fourth gen iPod Touch. Could someone please help me as this is quite frustrating.

Cheers Liam

AFAIK, Android 4.0.4 does not support it. May be Jellybean supports it. You'll need a patched wpa_supplicant file to connect to enterprise networks.

Do you not see the network or are you unable to connect it?

Last edited:

Freddiey13

May 12, 2014
Thanks but that doesn't help very much as my phone won't even display the network in the list, I've tried everything I can think of and range can't be a problem as I stand like 5 metres from the access point

Freddiey13

May 12, 2014
AFAIK, Android 4.0.4 does not support it. May be Jellybean supports it. You'll need a patched wpa_supplicant file to connect to enterprise networks.

Do you not see the network or are you unable to connect it?

Hey thanks for the help, unfortunately Jelly Bean doesn't work either, I've downgraded to Gingerbread though as I can connect on my old Galaxy Ace, so fingers crossed.

smit.sanghavi

Apr 19, 2012
Mumbai
Hey thanks for the help, unfortunately Jelly Bean doesn't work either, I've downgraded to Gingerbread though as I can connect on my old Galaxy Ace, so fingers crossed.

I thought if it'll work since Samsung might've fixed the problem in Ace. But there's no harm in trying. [emoji2]

If it doesn't work then you might as well try a KitKat ROM.

All the best!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk