Samsung Galaxy GT-I9100 Showing Internal and External memory Write protected

Search This thread

zktel

Mar 6, 2014
Hi Friends,

Since last 2 weeks I am facing below mentioned issues.

1. Gallery not opening (Showing as internal memory full though 2GB memory is free.)

2. Internal and External Memory has become write protected (Can't Delete anything from internal as well as external storage)

3. On Restart I can access gallery for some 10min but after after that again it becomes inaccessible.

4. Even after Restart during that 10min period I can't even delete data from phone.

5. When I try to connect the phone to PC to delete some stuff it displays notice as memory is write protected.

6. All things related to Gallery like media doesnt download also If I click pic from camera I can't see the image clicked.

I tried Factory Restore, clear cache, *#9900#, all possible things but it is not helping it.

Phone is Not Rooted and running on Jelly bean 4.1.2

Please help me out i am really frustated with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
When I faced that issue I had to mount it as USB mass storage to my PC and do a full format of internal/external storage. Before that backup your data.

zktel

Mar 6, 2014
info

When I faced that issue I had to mount it as USB mass storage to my PC and do a full format of internal/external storage. Before that backup your data.

Sorry for the trouble.
But please can you guide me step by step if possible.
I am noob in all such procedures.

zktel

Mar 6, 2014
Solution worked

Thanks for the help.

After Formatting its working like charm.

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
Can I have the step-by-step guide as well?:confused:

Mount your device as USB mass storage to PC and do a full format of internal/external storage. Before that backup your data.
USB mass storage can be activated by enabling USB debugging at developer options.
once you connect as USB mass storage, your phone will give you a notification to connect it to PC for allowing file transfers. When you do that, in the USB mass storage window, the android icon turns orange from green. In your PC, your internal and external sdcards will appear as 2 separate drives. Right click on one of them, and click format. Do a full format (not a quick format). keep the filesystem as FAT32. Do it for both internal and external. It takes a while for full format, so do not disconnect in between.
Now copy the data back to your internal/external sdcards from your backup. You will have access to write in both the memories now.
Thats it.

Top Liked Posts