Search This thread

rjwil1086

Jan 12, 2011
Tulsa
Moto Z2 Force
OnePlus 8T
BACKUP YOUR EFS THROUGH FREEGEE AND/OR TWRP

cmbootanimation-531x302.png

This is a preview of CM-12.0 built entirely from CM sources. There are few modifications (listed below in features).

Features
- Settings->About Phone->CyanogenMod updates uses wfhome.net servers (my builds)

Latest Build
I have started Nightly's :)

Downloads
Latest Builds
http://goo.gl/kQP3f8 - Private Hosting (no ads, no waiting, enjoy)

Old Builds
http://goo.gl/Sz2K7a - Android File Host

Google Apps
http://xdaforums.com/android/software/gapps-google-apps-flashable-package-t2930266

TWRP - 2.8.3.0
http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/155

Known Issues
- "No SIM Card" message on lock screen (CM12 issue)
- Built in Messenger App doesn't work right (CM12 issue)
- Nothing else that I have noticed

All changes can be viewed on the CyanogenMod gerrit.

Thanks to all who have developed CyanogenMod and the device and kernel trees for the Optimus G.

I'm using a modified version of @JulianXhokaxhiu CyanogenModOTA tools on my web server.
https://github.com/julianxhokaxhiu/CyanogenModOTA

Source
http://github.com/CyanogenMod
http://github.com/rjwil1086

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-14-21-15-53.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-14-21-15-53.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,342
  • Screenshot_2014-12-14-21-16-04.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-14-21-16-04.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,322
  • Screenshot_2014-12-14-21-16-14.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-14-21-16-14.png
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,331
Last edited:

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
The E970 and LS970 are slightly different, have you used the LS970 sources to build? The LS970 has minor differences in the camera as well as it being CDMA and not requiring a SIM card. Are these taken into affect? I am going to test because this is actually based on US hardware so I am hoping for most things to work that do not because other builds are based from international versions.

Reactions: markglover

rjwil1086

Jan 12, 2011
Tulsa
Moto Z2 Force
OnePlus 8T
The E970 and LS970 are slightly different, have you used the LS970 sources to build? The LS970 has minor differences in the camera as well as it being CDMA and not requiring a SIM card. Are these taken into affect? I am going to test because this is actually based on US hardware so I am hoping for most things to work that do not because other builds are based from international versions.

I did use the LS970 sources. I have AT&T and Sprint phones (just not an LS970) so I am aware of the network differences. I am also aware of the 13MP camera the LS970 has. This is built entirely with CM sources (I'm using a fork of http://github.com/TheMuppets for vendor blobs; I added some gps blobs to get gps working). The device tree for these two phones share a lot of stuff as they are broken into 3 repositories (gproj-common, ls970-common, and ls970). The e970 also uses gproj-common and ls970-common which are about 95% of the device tree code for both phones. There is already a CM-12.0 branch on github for the ls970 so I'm assuming it was updated just like the e970. Just need someone with hardware to check it out. :)

Reactions: dopy25

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
I did use the LS970 sources. I have AT&T and Sprint phones (just not an LS970) so I am aware of the network differences. I am also aware of the 13MP camera the LS970 has. This is built entirely with CM sources (I'm using a fork of http://github.com/TheMuppets for vendor blobs; I added some gps blobs to get gps working). The device tree for these two phones share a lot of stuff as they are broken into 3 repositories (gproj-common, ls970-common, and ls970). The e970 also uses gproj-common and ls970-common which are about 95% of the device tree code for both phones. There is already a CM-12.0 branch on github for the ls970 so I'm assuming it was updated just like the e970. Just need someone with hardware to check it out. :)

Great! Sounds like you know what you are doing. I am downloading it right now and am at 20%. I will flash when done and absolutely report back.
EDIT FOR FINDINGS
@rjwil1086 GREAT JOB! The ROM is working great on my device (LS970) so I will send some feedback

PROS
1) Everything seems to work for the most part except items listed under CONS.
2) Calls and data are working from flashing, no extra steps needed to achieve calls or data. 4G coverage included.
3) Superuser is integrated (THANK YOU)
4) Camera works superb, even quality is amazing. (see cons)
5) Voicemail by long pressing one works and on other CM12 does not.
6) You can turn on "flash" while video recording so you have overhead light. Maybe I've missed that in every other ROM but that's great! (Does not cause phone to power down, see #6 cons)

CONS
1) Messaging app does not send a text from within the built in app (Quick reply works fine) I think this is CM issue and not device because it is in all CM based roms currently.
2) Swipe texting does not work with built in keyboard.
3) No SIM card appears in notification bar on lock screen (once again in other CM12 ROMS).
4) Data usage is not tracked at all, it says no apps used data right after I used the browser and the Play Store to download something.
5) NEW FINDINGS:: Phone calls will not end, pressing the end icon only makes the end option go away but the phone call is still in progress. I tried using a bluetooth headset and only the device. My work around is to enable Airplane Mode then disable it, that shuts the phone call off.
6) using flash in any camera app causes device to power off, overhead light during video recording is fine though.
7) Volume control on screen lock is not possible. You must unlock the screen to alter the volume (notable in music playing)
8) Very important!! While making a call, the phone immediately disconnects. When I call back, the other caller is still connected so it goes to voicemail. I have to ask them to ignore the first call so I can make it again. This happens every time and is very difficult to manage since I have to enable airplane mode to end the call.

On another note, I am using the Multiboot method and have this installed as primary, I haven't tested any secondary ROMs but I do not expect them to boot and that is due to a specific patch being required for the kernel that is not compatible with gproj. Also, it will not install as secondary, it fails upon flashing. The only thing I noticed is that it takes awhile longer at the boot screen to get past it than other roms. No issues though since it works to my expectations.

I will continue to use this to see if anything else comes up, but over all this is awesome. I look forward to CM fixing things upstream. Please keep those builds coming, they work.

Last edited:
Reactions: rjwil1086

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Looks good. Once those CM bugs get worked out, this ROM will be fantastic! Thank you for this ROM! Willing to test any new updates. Seems like dopy did a pretty solid review so far.

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
This ROM running Android Lollipop 5.0?

Yes, CM12 is 5.0 (in this case 5.0.1)

EDIT: @rjwil1086 ...

GREAT JOB ON THAT UPDATE. I'm not sure if it was you that fixed it or CM fixes, but some of the previous issues are gone. Now this is extremely stable. I definitely recommend it to anyone with an LS970.

Fixed issues: (calls are main thing fixed)
1) Calls end perfectly fine
2) Phone no longer shuts off at flash of the camera.
3) no issues with music. (I didn't mention it before but when I would try to play music from any app, it would say it was playing but the song would not progress and there was no sound. I also attributed it to my bluetooth headset, but now the issue is gone)
4) Adaptive brightness and notification bar brightness adjustment has always worked with this ROM. (basically all aspects of brightness work)

still existing issues
1) Volume control on inactive lock screen. (still have to turn on screen)
2) Data usage still not tracked by settings/data usage.

3) messaging app will not show active send, pressable icon (cannot send text from within the app but quick reply still works) (I'm certain CM issue)
4) Swipe texting with built in keyboard (most likely CM issue)
5) Not really an issue but lock screen still says "No SIM card" (CM issue?)

Great update, more than half of the major issues have been fixed, now it seems like mostly CM issues , and not even major problems.

Last edited:

rjwil1086

Jan 12, 2011
Tulsa
Moto Z2 Force
OnePlus 8T

GREAT JOB ON THAT UPDATE. I'm not sure if it was you that fixed it or CM fixes, but some of the previous issues are gone. Now this is extremely stable. I definitely recommend it to anyone with an LS970.

3) no issues with music. (I didn't mention it before but when I would try to play music from any app, it would say it was playing but the song would not progress and there was no sound. I also attributed it to my bluetooth headset, but now the issue is gone)
4) Adaptive brightness and notification bar brightness adjustment has always worked with this ROM. (basically all aspects of brightness work)

still existing issues

3) messaging app will not show active send, pressable icon (cannot send text from within the app but quick reply still works) (I'm certain CM issue)

Great update, more than half of the major issues have been fixed, no it seems like mostly CM issues , and not even major problems.

Yup all those were fixed by CM developers. I saw several CDMA fixes in the ril code. I'm sure there were more elsewhere in the code. Swipe on the keyboard is disabled in CM because it doesn't work on any of my devices.

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Yup all those were fixed by CM developers. I saw several CDMA fixes in the ril code. I'm sure there were more elsewhere in the code. Swipe on the keyboard is disabled in CM because it doesn't work on any of my devices.

So the 12/20/14 build fixes those bugs?

Downloading now. Thank you for this again! Breathes some life into this old phone lol.

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Edit; I would just like to add; you sir, have made me love cyanogenmod once again.
I use to use CM 10.2 all the time, but honestly, when the official CM11 came out with LS970 sources, it always felt, not laggy, but not responsive. As in just sluggish. Gee Roms always ran fast on my optimus, but always over heated easily too.

I absolutely love this ROM. It is extremely fast and uses LS970 sources. I can finally leave stock confidently. Is there anyway I can repay you? I am on mobile, so I can't see much, but do you have a donation link? I'd pay to keep this going.

Fantastic job. It works great!
Never had this much responsiveness on a LS970 cm ROM before.

Edit 2: Does anyone know how to disable mobile data? I like to turn it off so it doesn't suck battery in low service areas. Thanks again.

Last edited:

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
Edit; I would just like to add; you sir, have made me love cyanogenmod once again.
I use to use CM 10.2 all the time, but honestly, when the official CM11 came out with LS970 sources, it always felt, not laggy, but not responsive. As in just sluggish. Gee Roms always ran fast on my optimus, but always over heated easily too.

I absolutely love this ROM. It is extremely fast and uses LS970 sources. I can finally leave stock confidently. Is there anyway I can repay you? I am on mobile, so I can't see much, but do you have a donation link? I'd pay to keep this going.

Fantastic job. It works great!
Never had this much responsiveness on a LS970 cm ROM before.

Edit 2: Does anyone know how to disable mobile data? I like to turn it off so it doesn't suck battery in low service areas. Thanks again.

I agree, it is definitely snappier than any ROM I've ever used on this phone.

As far as data, I don't know. I tried a few widgets and shortcuts to no avail. I'm sure it's a matter of time before it's enabled in settings from CM.

I did have some partial success with quick shortcut maker. Run a search for "data" and try to use the shortcut to data roaming under "phone." What it did was say settings has force closed, but it shut off my mobile data. It caught me off guard but a reboot turned it back on.

On the plus side, battery life is pretty wicked already.

Reactions: Whiplashh

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
I agree, it is definitely snappier than any ROM I've ever used on this phone.

As far as data, I don't know. I tried a few widgets and shortcuts to no avail. I'm sure it's a matter of time before it's enabled in settings from CM.

I did have some partial success with quick shortcut maker. Run a search for "data" and try to use the shortcut to data roaming under "phone." What it did was say settings has force closed, but it shut off my mobile data. It caught me off guard but a reboot turned it back on.

On the plus side, battery life is pretty wicked already.

Even with data on the battery is good? That's awesome!
Just a heads up, the build does still have some phone issues. Can't call on first try and hangup without hitting airplane mode. Calls coming in work perfectly, but out can be a hassle.

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
Even with data on the battery is good? That's awesome!
Just a heads up, the build does still have some phone issues. Can't call on first try and hangup without hitting airplane mode. Calls coming in work perfectly, but out can be a hassle.

From what I've noticed, it is absolutely great on battery. I'll post some screen shots. I was in and out of 3/4G. Downloaded a few files, probably 500mb worth. Played tapped out, which is a freaking battery hog. And still lasted a whole day. I did just notice that the total hours don't seem to be tracked, that's odd.

On the phone thing, I am so sorry you're still having that issue, it is gone for me. Are you sure you're on the 12/20 build? Maybe we did something different.

I flashed the 12/18 and GApps since I tried it first (then restored the backup of it because I had since flashed another ROM and neither would work as secondary on my multi boot setup) then I flashed the 12/20 build to update (dirty flash over 12/18) cleared cache's twice because I like to. And it seemed to work. That's a real bummer that it doesn't work for you. Incoming or outgoing work fine for me, for now anyway.

screen shots I'll have to post later, I always have issues doing that on my phone

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
From what I've noticed, it is absolutely great on battery. I'll post some screen shots. I was in and out of 3/4G. Downloaded a few files, probably 500mb worth. Played tapped out, which is a freaking battery hog. And still lasted a whole day. I did just notice that the total hours don't seem to be tracked, that's odd.

On the phone thing, I am so sorry you're still having that issue, it is gone for me. Are you sure you're on the 12/20 build? Maybe we did something different.

I flashed the 12/18 and GApps since I tried it first (then restored the backup of it because I had since flashed another ROM and neither would work as secondary on my multi boot setup) then I flashed the 12/20 build to update (dirty flash over 12/18) cleared cache's twice because I like to. And it seemed to work. That's a real bummer that it doesn't work for you. Incoming or outgoing work fine for me, for now anyway.

screen shots I'll have to post later, I always have issues doing that on my phone

I clean flashed the 12/20 build. Wiped everything twice because thats how I do. Had to go back to stock so I could make calls and organize a friends bday party. Hopefully this flash will be better. :)

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
I clean flashed the 12/20 build. Wiped everything twice because thats how I do. Had to go back to stock so I could make calls and organize a friends bday party. Hopefully this flash will be better. :)

The weird thing is, it's happening intermittently for me as well. But it seems more like making calls from the first call screen. Selecting recents seems to not do it. Also seems like it happens more when LTE is on. I haven't tried switching to 3G only but it dedi definitely didn't do it when I only have 3G.

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
The weird thing is, it's happening intermittently for me as well. But it seems more like making calls from the first call screen. Selecting recents seems to not do it. Also seems like it happens more when LTE is on. I haven't tried switching to 3G only but it dedi definitely didn't do it when I only have 3G.

It just happens all the time. I'm using CWM recovery so I don't know if that effects it. Hopefully it will work out soon. That and the messaging bug. Loving the ROM so far. Once those 3 things are fixed, this phone won't see stock again lol.
(Data toggle, messaging send which IS a cm thing, and the phone issue).

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
It just happens all the time. I'm using CWM recovery so I don't know if that effects it. Hopefully it will work out soon. That and the messaging bug. Loving the ROM so far. Once those 3 things are fixed, this phone won't see stock again lol.
(Data toggle, messaging send which IS a cm thing, and the phone issue).

I can only assume that recovery shouldn't be an issue as long as it's semi up to date. But some people are having sensor issues on all other builds and it very well could be related, I don't know enough on the subject. I will keep up on this because this ROM really is slick. I use textra for messaging but I really like the built in messenger. Google messenger is almost identical but has MMS issues. Nothing on textra, it works perfectly. So I'm still using this daily. I'm sure data toggle will go in soon. I see an APN update in the change log so I'm sure it's coming soon. I'll keep you updated.

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
I can only assume that recovery shouldn't be an issue as long as it's semi up to date. But some people are having sensor issues on all other builds and it very well could be related, I don't know enough on the subject. I will keep up on this because this ROM really is slick. I use textra for messaging but I really like the built in messenger. Google messenger is almost identical but has MMS issues. Nothing on textra, it works perfectly. So I'm still using this daily. I'm sure data toggle will go in soon. I see an APN update in the change log so I'm sure it's coming soon. I'll keep you updated.

Thank you!

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno

Give today's build a shot. I just made about 10 phone calls to various numbers from various locations within the dialer and all connected the first time, and disconnected fine.

There is still no data toggle, but data is now being tracked (or at least showing that it was previously tracked) I also do not see any apn settings but that might not have been an update for our device that I saw.

Messaging still does not send from within the app but quick reply is fine (I use Textra SMS and everything works in it)

If there's anything else you want me to check just say the word. I wonder if it's a cache issue with the dialer or something causing the phone to misbehave, but it seems to be working fine now.

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Give today's build a shot. I just made about 10 phone calls to various numbers from various locations within the dialer and all connected the first time, and disconnected fine.

There is still no data toggle, but data is now being tracked (or at least showing that it was previously tracked) I also do not see any apn settings but that might not have been an update for our device that I saw.

Messaging still does not send from within the app but quick reply is fine (I use Textra SMS and everything works in it)

If there's anything else you want me to check just say the word. I wonder if it's a cache issue with the dialer or something causing the phone to misbehave, but it seems to be working fine now.

That's one down. Like I said, I love this ROM. The camera is AMAZING. I'll test it and see what happens.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BACKUP YOUR EFS THROUGH FREEGEE AND/OR TWRP

cmbootanimation-531x302.png

This is a preview of CM-12.0 built entirely from CM sources. There are few modifications (listed below in features).

Features
    - Settings->About Phone->CyanogenMod updates uses wfhome.net servers (my builds)

Latest Build
    I have started Nightly's :)

Downloads
    Latest Builds
    http://goo.gl/kQP3f8 - Private Hosting (no ads, no waiting, enjoy)

Old Builds
    http://goo.gl/Sz2K7a - Android File Host

Google Apps
    http://xdaforums.com/android/software/gapps-google-apps-flashable-package-t2930266

TWRP - 2.8.3.0
    http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/155

Known Issues
    - "No SIM Card" message on lock screen (CM12 issue)
    - Built in Messenger App doesn't work right (CM12 issue)
    - Nothing else that I have noticed

All changes can be viewed on the CyanogenMod gerrit.

Thanks to all who have developed CyanogenMod and the device and kernel trees for the Optimus G.

I'm using a modified version of @JulianXhokaxhiu CyanogenModOTA tools on my web server.
    https://github.com/julianxhokaxhiu/CyanogenModOTA

Source
    http://github.com/CyanogenMod
    http://github.com/rjwil1086
    Fwiw I've been using the 1222 build since Xmas eve and figured I'd chime in with an update.

Aside from the occasional demigod crash (I counted 5 since install - par for the course with cm), it's been a godsend. I've been using it as my daily driver and battery life seems to be similar to cm11 and stock based Roms. Obviously ymmv, but after futzing around with the privacy guard a bit I was able to eek out a couple extra hours by blocking GPS on some apps.

Reception is just fine. I made sure to update profile and prl etc etc with stock rom before flashing cm just in case. Ran a few speedtests in places I frequent and generally got the same speeds and latencies. WiFi seems perfectly fine for now but I'll reserve judgement when I get back to my work WiFi which I've had trouble connecting to at times with cm11 Roms.

I haven't run any benchmarks or anything like that to determine performance but my experience has been equal to that of kitkat roms with art as the vm. I'm splitting hairs here but it really is generally the same. That is to say - when it's running well, it's awesome. Sure - sometimes it takes a half second to call someone after hitting the phone icon or how ehhhhvry once in a while it starts hiccuping on the keyboard or when switching apps. It's negligible in my opinion but others obviously have different thresholds for what constitutes reliability.

In my experience the phone gets just as warm as stock during heavy use.

Camera quality is (maybe?) better than cm11 ones, but still not really close to stock. Honestly, I don't really see what others have reported when they say the camera is as good as stock. Here's a new member of the household I took today. I used camera zoom fx instead of built in one. .

7ee1fc64147720e7b01a31a2d7c6a7b8.jpg

I use textra for sms and mms so I can't comment on stock messaging app. Textra works well with this rom though.

I'd like to be able to control the leds and edit the quick settings tiles. No biggie though.

Hope this testimonial helps some people here. [emoji1]

Oh and
    NETFLIX WORKS!
    Hi MIB_91, no, the nightlies at cyanogenmod.org are not the same. The one here in this thread are unofficial Lollipop builds specifically for the LS970. There are no Lollipop builds for LS970 released on the Cyanogenmod site yet (and probably won't be there for some time). I hope that helps explain.

Dude, are you looking at the right CM website? The CM website does in fact have nightlies for the ls970.
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=ls970

Yes the builds here are unofficial, and I'm not trying to step on toes for the great work the op has done, but we are official currently. Official and unofficial will most of the time never be the same, because some unofficial builds use different vendor IDs and repos than the official, which rarely change. The way I see it is that unofficial ROMs can have more changes in them. Sometimes good, sometimes they cause other issues. Same with the official though. Either way, I love the fact that there are official and unofficial builds. So, enjoy! The devs put a lot of work into these. For every 1000 people downloading, there might be one developer. Keep that in mind.
    This ROM running Android Lollipop 5.0?

still existing issues

Great update, more than half of the major issues have been fixed, now it seems like mostly CM issues , and not even major problems.