Sound quality

Search This thread

arjunanand1

Sep 9, 2010
Dubai
So, the Xperia Z was officially launched at a PR event in Dubai yesterday, and the price seems okay too (2499 AED, ~680 USD). I've seen concerns about the screen quality but will check that out myself when its out in stores (March). Can anyone who has the Z comment on the sound quality on the device ? :)

charliechocolate

Jun 27, 2010
What kind of sound quality are you talking about? Audio playback?

I'm concerned by the volume of the earpiece, and how loudly and clearly you can hear people during a phone call. In other words, what the X10 sucked ass at.

dblshotty

May 30, 2012
I've just received my phone from japan and the volume of the phone whilst playing youtube videos or music is appalling. It's hardly audible even at the highest setting. If you're wanting a phone with good speakers this is not the phone, you'll be highly disappointed. Other than the sound everything else on the phone is perfect. Great build quality etc. let me know if you want pictures or to know more about the phone id be happy to post

Reactions: vapotrini

Gitaroo

Nov 21, 2012
ya, I heard the speakers are compromised because of water proof. Guess I still got an option for head set which is what I use for my current phone.

Ambroos

Aug 11, 2010
Dublin / Belgium
I've just received my phone from japan and the volume of the phone whilst playing youtube videos or music is appalling. It's hardly audible even at the highest setting. If you're wanting a phone with good speakers this is not the phone, you'll be highly disappointed. Other than the sound everything else on the phone is perfect. Great build quality etc. let me know if you want pictures or to know more about the phone id be happy to post

Hardly audible? I wonder what you have done with my ears :p

It's not as loud as some other phones but it's still more than adequate. It's enough to wake me up in the morning (quite easily even) and the best thing is that it doesn't sound distorted even at the highest volume.

dblshotty

May 30, 2012
Hardly audible? I wonder what you have done with my ears :p

It's not as loud as some other phones but it's still more than adequate. It's enough to wake me up in the morning (quite easily even) and the best thing is that it doesn't sound distorted even at the highest volume.

I may have over exaggerated with my statement xD. But to be honest it's loud speaker whilst playing music is poorer than an a Lg Optimus L3, I was forced to use the optimus L3 whilst waiting for my xperia z lol so I know full well what it sounds like it. Sound via the headphone jack is fine just the loud speaker sucks it would have problems waking me up but their is always vibration ;) so it doesn't really bother me.

vapotrini

Dec 31, 2004

Well, that's a wrap with my interest in the Z. Nothing more annoying "to me" than a phone with crappy speakers.

dblshotty

May 30, 2012
Well, that's a wrap with my interest in the Z. Nothing more annoying "to me" than a phone with crappy speakers.

if you have a iphone 5 and use the life proof case from fre that is pretty much the sound quality of the Xperia Z maybe slightly less Don't let that one feature prevent you from buying this fantastic phone it truly is amazing. And that's my honest opinion of the device ;D i'll upload a video for you guys of the sound quality

dblshotty

May 30, 2012
as I said guys here is the video of the phone sound volume via the loud speaker. If you guys have any requests on how I should record the phone please let me know this was recorded by a galaxy tab 10.1. It's actually not that bad as I previously mentioned ;) please enjoy if you want me to play any other song let me know. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9V9UysM0hI&feature=youtu.be

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

for a slight comparison lol here is what the same song sounds like on a m17x R4 I know it's an unfair comparison but it was all I had access too ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYyEpovUoA4&feature=youtu.be

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane

Howdy, what is the in-call volume like with the earpeice? Loudspeaker is not a major issue for me, but in call volume must be good. My One X now is really quite bad in this regard.

M.

dblshotty

May 30, 2012
Howdy, what is the in-call volume like with the earpeice? Loudspeaker is not a major issue for me, but in call volume must be good. My One X now is really quite bad in this regard.

M.

In call volumes are fantastic can't complain very loud and clear, had no issues with people not being able to hear me. if you know of any way I can test I wouldn't mind making a video for you ;] but trust me when I say it's good even when taking public transport people on the other end of the call could still hear me very clear without issues. I highly recommend this phone much better than the lg optimus g or galaxy s3 I previously owned. I aint just saying it because I own the sony xperia z haha just my honest opinion.

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
That's great news thanks ;) no idea how you would do a video lol but if you say it's good then I'm happy.

M.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

DakiX

Mar 11, 2012
I can say the sound quality with ClearAudio+ is nice but it there is not the best. I have my Note 2 optimized with Neak Kernel and his tweaks (Wolfson) are great.. The equalizer from XZ but the hammer looks great and can be adjusted some. Moreover, the unit is still fresh with the time kernel and various mods and custom roms come naturally (I also gets to cook too for XZ) :p

Carphedon

Nov 13, 2010
I don't want to crash the party but the speaker is just lame, it's positioned at the right side bottom of the phone which means that when you hold the phone you will cover the speaker (left hand with your fingers, holding it with right hand isn't an option because the speaker is in the palm of your hand) The speaker is tiny and totally not loud, and when watching a video you can hear the sound come out of the right corner instead from the phone, it's very directional, i am very disappointed about this.

Also sound through headphones is not as good as i would have liked and certainly not as full sounding as with S3.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    as I said guys here is the video of the phone sound volume via the loud speaker. If you guys have any requests on how I should record the phone please let me know this was recorded by a galaxy tab 10.1. It's actually not that bad as I previously mentioned ;) please enjoy if you want me to play any other song let me know. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9V9UysM0hI&feature=youtu.be

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

for a slight comparison lol here is what the same song sounds like on a m17x R4 I know it's an unfair comparison but it was all I had access too ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYyEpovUoA4&feature=youtu.be
    No not a bad comparison, the sound is worse then a S3, if you find S3 bad just wait till you hear this. Also i don't like listening to my music to loud but with some lower volume tracks the volume is all out and it's way to quiet. I am really trying to love this one but there are lots of things i dislike at this moment.

I've already spent hours listening to music on my Xperia Z. I love the sound, for me it's much better than S3/Note 2. But hey, that's personal taste :)