D801 Slow wifi

Search This thread

ripbabey

Dec 25, 2012
Hi :)

So lets get straight to it. Im rooted using IO , freegeed w/twrp, running stock rooted 10g rom. I have tried several roms and none of them on a speed test show me able to get over 3.8 mbps yet I get 8 mbps upload. I checked my pc, 30+ mbps download on there. Checked my gf's (completely untouched by me lol) g2 and she has the same problem its like it capped at 3.8 mbps on the wifi. 4g im getting 30 mbps. I am using comcasts phone/modem/router pos and when i checked i saw its 2.4ghz so i selected 2.4ghz on the phone along with turned wifi battery saver off. I have pretty much tried all I can think of. So now i need your help! I switched over from my lg og to the g2 and the og worked fine on this router.

ripbabey

Dec 25, 2012
I'm guessing since its Comcast crap and only 2.4 ghz no 5 option that it is old. Lol. Just not sure why my og worked fine with this router, my brothers og pro is fine. But not our g2's

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ripbabey

Dec 25, 2012
I don't need to go anywhere today and its cold out I don't want to just go to see atm. I'm wondering if I use my gfs g2 as a hotspot if I could see if wifi works that way. To bad she's at work lol

ripbabey

Dec 25, 2012
Cool, gf came home, turned on mobile hot spot, 30 mbps. So it is this pos Comcast router. I wonder if I call them if they will give me a newer router. But is there a special feature needed by a router for these phones? I'm confused lol. Why only g2's on this router?

Steamer86

May 29, 2012
Baltimore
@ripbabey Turn to WPA TKIP only. The G2 hates the Technicolor AES+TKIP combo. Fixed mine. Weird thing is, works fine in AES on my SB6141 and the Arris. No further idea about it. Something just isn't getting along between the two. I'm not technical enough to dig deeper.

Last edited:
Reactions: ripbabey

ripbabey

Dec 25, 2012
I'll check that out thanks

ripbabey

Dec 25, 2012
That actually improved some speed Mr not technical enough lol. I'm getting 12-15 mbps now which is matching my computer. So now when my speed picks back up from Comcast I'll see if I get any higher. Thank you so much!

Reactions: Steamer86

ripbabey

Dec 25, 2012
Lol. So far so good, was about to just go get a router. Now it looks like I don't need to.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @ripbabey Turn to WPA TKIP only. The G2 hates the Technicolor AES+TKIP combo. Fixed mine. Weird thing is, works fine in AES on my SB6141 and the Arris. No further idea about it. Something just isn't getting along between the two. I'm not technical enough to dig deeper.
    That actually improved some speed Mr not technical enough lol. I'm getting 12-15 mbps now which is matching my computer. So now when my speed picks back up from Comcast I'll see if I get any higher. Thank you so much!