nexus 5 battery level going up !!

Search This thread

chrisnewton

Feb 5, 2012
Hi all

Just noticed on my nexus 5 if i use it for a while obviously the battery level goes down, but then if i look a bit later its gone back up!

for example i was on my lunch and used nexus for a while, checked battery it was on 61%, then an hour later i checked and it was on 63% ??

When i looked at the graph on the battery usuage it does show it going up.

Anyone else noticed this?

roydondsa

Dec 26, 2013
Hi all

Just noticed on my nexus 5 if i use it for a while obviously the battery level goes down, but then if i look a bit later its gone back up!

for example i was on my lunch and used nexus for a while, checked battery it was on 61%, then an hour later i checked and it was on 63% ??

When i looked at the graph on the battery usuage it does show it going up.

Anyone else noticed this?

Same here lol I think it is due to Franco kernel

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Yes, such things happen at times.. Battery Stats get reset as soon as you reach full charge... So all will be well as soon as you fully charge the device :)

-Flowed from an IceCold Hammerhead!

xdviper

Jan 5, 2009
I think it's because of the weather instead. Going from cold to warm would in my theory make the battery percentage higher.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
It's an estimation and changes based on use. No voodoo magic or anything.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK

granets

Oct 14, 2011
Vratsa
I think it does like rootSU said - it goes in, checks the voltage, and if you, at this moment are pushing your phone, the voltage is dropping, so it makes a prediction and you get a drop in % of battery. When you stop using your phone so heavy, the voltage raises a bit, because the battery is not so heavily used, the phone checks voltage, it's more than before, so you get a percent or two. I'd say it's not just a statistic, the battery, when heavily used, drops in voltage, but when you offload it, it recovers some ammount, witch means you gain some battery life. And if someone wants to know why it's like that, think of what happens when you plug in something with a high wattage use in your home - the lights dimm a little bit, because the bigger load, requires more power, meaning voltage and amps, so, the voltage drops. When you unplug it, voltage goes up. It's the same thing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    its based on estimations on your current use. it did some recalculations. thats all.