Do I have a bad battery?

Search This thread

Curiousn00b

So... Starting yesterday, about 5:00pm, my battery started charging extremely slow. I plugged my phone back up since the battery went down pretty quick at about 9:30am in the morning. It went to 30% battery and from there, I don't view if it's going up anymore. I took a screenshot at 9:42am and once closer to 10am, also taking another as I typed this. I've also tried 2 different chargers, and multiple outlets.
uploadfromtaptalk1405693356628.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1405693369339.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1405693377440.jpg
@rootSU, sorry for tagging you. You just seem to be extremely helpful, and reliable. ?

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
When you tried multiple chargers, did you also try different USB cables?

You need to rule out if it is slowly charging or if it is draining quickly whilst charging. Try turning it off and charging.

Curiousn00b

When you tried multiple chargers, did you also try different USB cables?

You need to rule out if it is slowly charging or if it is draining quickly whilst charging. Try turning it off and charging.
I attempted that yesterday when I first noticed it yesterday. I plugged it up, and left it off while I went to the market.

I left it plugged up, and I'm now at this from earlier.

uploadfromtaptalk1405707894652.jpg
I'll attempt that now with another cable.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Pointless comment.

The device is still doing doing it. Seemed to charge faster from USB earlier, but now it seems to be back where I was earlier. I'm starting to think that maybe the charging port is the messed up part of the phone.

This is why I asked you to charge whilst off. It rules out software as an issue if the same result is seen. If you've changed the cable AND power source, it can only really be the port.

Is it stock unrooted?? Does seem like the kernel gets involved in charging whilst off too , so if you're not stock, I would consider reverting to stock.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Curiousn00b

Curiousn00b

This is why I asked you to charge whilst off. It rules out software as an issue if the same result is seen. If you've changed the cable AND power source, it can only really be the port.

Is it stock unrooted?? Does seem like the kernel gets involved in charging whilst off too , so if you're not stock, I would consider reverting to stock.

I swapped back and fourth between cables and reboots after returning to stock. I went to stock 4.4 and upgraded all the way through. I then noticed it started to charge faster, or the battery actually read that it was going up. I had Current Widget on my home screen which seemed to be pushing around 900MaH the whole time.

For now, it's back to normal, I believe. Thanks RootSU ~:good:

nonione

Aug 10, 2009
S.S.
is it back to normal?

my phone is doing the same take forever to fully charge but i dont know if its the battery or the port

Curiousn00b

is it back to normal?

my phone is doing the same take forever to fully charge but i dont know if its the battery or the port
Sorry for the late reply, it I've downloaded CurrentWidget where I can see the mA output. The OEM charger seems to be pushing out at 20-300mA. I've plugged up yesterday to an old HTC cable that I have, and although it's all beat up and near its end, it's pushing out 300-600mA.

I believe the original OEM output is near 1000mA. Possible that it was my charger that was faulty. I've been using a lot of different chargers in the past week testing with the mA's.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pointless comment.

The device is still doing doing it. Seemed to charge faster from USB earlier, but now it seems to be back where I was earlier. I'm starting to think that maybe the charging port is the messed up part of the phone.