Think I screwed the pooch

Search This thread

DrkNvmbr81

Jan 27, 2008
Lansing
First time flashing. Unlocked using HTC method, thought I backed up my rom using rom manager, went and flashed to Cyanogenmod 9. Didn't like it, wanted to go back to stock, but can't find the back up. Now my radio doesn't work, can't figure out which version of stock rom I need to flash either. Any help appreciated.

wake69

Jul 20, 2010
with htc unlock root, you need to flash roms by booting to recovery through fastboot, there are other options, but this one works 100% of the time.

DrkNvmbr81

Jan 27, 2008
Lansing
Well yeah, I did that, but how to I get a stock rom back on so my phone will work? I can't connect to the mobile network now. How do I know which stock rom to download? I guess I don't understand how to tell I'm getting the right rom.

paallday

Jul 24, 2011
philly
U want the latest ruu it will update everything.. dunno how u flash cause I'm s off
Ps in the future please post questions in q&a and not* development thread

did it help? hit the button!
sent from a viper bitten alien

Last edited:
Reactions: DrkNvmbr81

DrkNvmbr81

Jan 27, 2008
Lansing
Thanks, and sorry for not posting in correct location. Guess I don't know how to flash the RUU without being in S-OFF.

mushroom_cult

Jan 5, 2011
Check the stickies, there's a link to stock rooted ROMs in there somewhere. I'd link it, but I'm in a crappy area and it takes ages to load a thread.

On the other hand, why not just pick a ROM that's not in alpha and actually has most features working?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Reactions: DrkNvmbr81

doeboy711

Dec 12, 2009
Owings, MD
You would want to boot into the bootloader, relock it and DL the RUU found in this LINK. Once downloaded, run the RUU.exe file on your pc while your phone is in the bootloader. It will flash your phone with the stock 2.17 update. When you are completed, boot back into bootloader and unlock your phone again using the HTC Unlock method. From there, you can flash any ROM with a 2.17 base and should be fine, but remember do a backup and to wipe first.

Last edited:

saboture

Jul 25, 2009
Charleston, WV
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I'm not too impressed with TWRP2 as it wasn't completely wiping things when it should have been so I recommend the older TWRP 1.1 (recovery). Also since you have hboot 1.5 you'll probably find Flash Image GUI a little easier to use for flashing kernels. If you didn't flash the right kernel that might be why your radio is not working. You can find flash image gui Here. It's pretty self explanatory. Before you flash a new rom, open Flash image gui, select kernel, browse to the rom. Let it do it's thing and when it prompts you to reboot to recovery, flash your rom like normal.

doeboy711

Dec 12, 2009
Owings, MD
Do you have a HBoot 1.5? If so, that is the only way to upgrade to the new 2.17 base, which is the base of all the new ROM's. Just ensure that you lock the bootloader before you run the RUU or it will fail. It won't brick your device, but you will have to run it twice, learned the hard way here lol. Just pull your battery and boot into bootloader, lock it and then run the RUU if you did run it while it was unlocked still.

If you have a lower Hboot and can gain S-off, then no, don't run the RUU. You should be able to get S-off and flash anything you want at anytime.

DrkNvmbr81

Jan 27, 2008
Lansing
doeboy711, you are awesome. Thanks for the help, I'm gonna try it right now.

Do I backup and wipe before I flash this RUU?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You would want to boot into the bootloader, relock it and DL the RUU found in this LINK. Once downloaded, run the RUU.exe file on your pc while your phone is in the bootloader. It will flash your phone with the stock 2.17 update. When you are completed, boot back into bootloader and unlock your phone again using the HTC Unlock method. From there, you can flash any ROM with a 2.17 base and should be fine, but remember do a backup and to wipe first.
    U want the latest ruu it will update everything.. dunno how u flash cause I'm s off
    Ps in the future please post questions in q&a and not* development thread

did it help? hit the button!
    sent from a viper bitten alien
    Check the stickies, there's a link to stock rooted ROMs in there somewhere. I'd link it, but I'm in a crappy area and it takes ages to load a thread.

On the other hand, why not just pick a ROM that's not in alpha and actually has most features working?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk
    Use team wins HTC unlock flashing tool its on rootzwiki

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
    Not sure how I'm supposed to get the RUU without a premium account at filefactory

Post 55 had another DL for it but I saved you the time to try and find it and here it IS.