Something better than stock ICS Launcher....

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 4317609

To anyone who tried both Trebuchet and Apex, which one do you prefer and why ? :)

Thanks

usagent27

Oct 18, 2011
I'm using ADW EX and love it but for some reason youtube widget and mizuu widget are not updating. on the stock launcher they work no problem

SwiftLegend

Apr 1, 2010
I tried CM9 for a day, Trebuchet and Apex are very similar IMO. Maybe a different
features here and there but they look and feel pretty much the same.
They are both based on the stock launcher, just with custom features. Nova Launcher is the same, but I think the dev wrote it from scratch.

Trebuchet is probably from scratch too since it is from CM.

If you want to keep a stock launcher look and feel, Nova, Trebuchet, and Apex are your best bets. I consider ADW purely for customization and only use it when I want to make a fancy homescreen. If ADW had the same widgets picker as the others, it would be my daily. Also, out of the 3 ICS launchers, I think Nova is the only one that supports gestures.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Adw Launcher Ex
    • highest level of customization
    • Not ICS exclusive (not sure if it affects performance on ICS)
    • the only launcher I know that can handle HD live wallpapers without scrolling lag.
    • Doesn't show widgets in app drawer

Apex
    • ICS exclusive
    • decent amount of customization
    • can't customize folder icons
    • icon labels disappear if you set desktop grid rows to 8 or higher
    • Shows downloaded apps and widgets in app drawer if rooted and the launcher is installed as a system app

Nova
    • ICS exclusive
    • less customization options than the other 2
    • can customize folder icons
    • icon labels disappear if you set desktop grid rows to 8 or higher
    • background for app drawer is black. Can't make it show the wallpaper
    • most simple and easiest to set up out of the 3
    • Shows widgets in app drawer if rooted. Doesn't require installation as a system app

I used ADW on honeycomb. Now I am using Nova. It would be perfect for me if I could remove the black background in app drawer. I tried apex and it felt too much like a beta, which it is. I will most likely switch to apex when it matures.