[INDEX] AT&T/ROGERS One X Resources Compilation Roll-Up (Updated 5/8/14)

Search This thread

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Updated the index to include all the 2.20 OTA "fun" from last Thursday/Friday (that I missed out on, for the most part)! Added a few warnings about the 2.20 OTA to the "root" and "Stock RUU" sections of the index. Hopefully, they will be helpful.

Also included some ROM updates, and a few new mods.

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
I know the Telus HOX isn't 100% supported yet; however, would it be possible to add my guide to the rollup to help people with 1.91 or people who don't want to use one-clicks to gain root and unlock bootloader?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1814914

That is, if it is worthy and not repetitive.

Thanks!

Sure thing. Looks useful. Added it to the Guides section at the end of post #1.

I don't know much about the Telus side of things, so thanks for the heads up. Telus folks deserve some love, too!

Reactions: Athrun88

HareyCarey

Aug 10, 2010
Bristol
Those are a lot of options to choose from in the op...if I want to root and I am on 1.85 out of the box, which are the most current or up to date methods that will get me from root with cwm to unlocked bootloader the quickest and safest?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
Those are a lot of options to choose from in the op...if I want to root and I am on 1.85 out of the box, which are the most current or up to date methods that will get me from root with cwm to unlocked bootloader the quickest and safest?

The root method that mentions 1.85 in the thread title is the only one that works for 1.85.

Then achieve SuperCID by either the first method linked ("manual") or 2nd link (1-click). Your choice. 1-click is easier, but some people like to have more control and do it manually.

Unlock the bootloader, then install TWRP using the 1-click or goomanager app on the Play market. CWM is not recommended, as it doesn't officially support our device, and is known to cause some major issues for some people.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: CirgioD and kamots

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
Has anyone tried this yet for attempting to root v2.20? : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1870652

I have not yet upgraded to a One X, but want to be sure I can root it before I do...

This thread is an index. Its not for general discussions or questions. Please find a thread discussing root in "General" or "Q&A", and take your discussion there.

Anyway, the method you linked requires S-Off, so its useless for us. If we had S-Off, we'd have root.

Reactions: bearsblack

Samuel Sung

Jun 16, 2011
is there a Jelly Bean version which i can flash for a women without a clue about android? I mean i need an version which runs 100% perfect without reading stuff for hours or even days. Because i have to test all the stuff...

So my questions:

Is there a a JB rom with my needs?
Is there a dualboot Kernel?
Which kernel brings the best performance.

I don't need tons of features because she won't use it...

thx in advance

daveyglow

Sep 27, 2010
Carson
is there a Jelly Bean version which i can flash for a women without a clue about android? I mean i need an version which runs 100% perfect without reading stuff for hours or even days. Because i have to test all the stuff...

So my questions:

thx in advance

Take a search through the forum

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Reactions: redpoint73

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007

So my questions:

thx in advance

This isn't a general help or support thread, or a question and answer thread. I've taken it upon myself to create and maintain a list of resource links for the convenience of our users. Doesn't mean I'm an expert (or anything close to an expert) about everything on the list. Please post general questions in the Q&A forum. Posting questions here will get minimal exposure to your question.

The only responses for this thread should be relevant to the index itself, such as errors, requests for additions, etc. (and of course, the occasional thanks is fine, too!).

Nonetheless, I've tried to point people in the right direction when they ask questions here. But really, its not the right place for such things.

If you female friend is really so clueless, why does she need Jelly Bean at all? The vast majority of "casual" Android users don't even know or care about the latest firmware features. If you need something 100% stable for the casual user, JB is probably not the right choice. Its getting pretty stable, but still in an early stage. The JB ROMs are really for enthusiasts willing to encounter some bugs. The stock ROM is fine for most casual users, or flash something like CleanROM or ViperXL, which give the stability of stock ICS, with the added benefit of performance enhancements to make the UI smoother.

sixty_oz

Jul 7, 2011
Glace Bay
Only issue I'm having at the moment is this (see screenshots).

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Ahh crap, wrong one, sorry, how do i delete this????

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts