Does 9505 Roms work on S4 Value Edition? (9515)

Search This thread

agentdeep

Apr 30, 2013
Yes it' s the same... it' s still a custom binary..

I found a new kitchen (ArchiKitchen). This will be a good tool to cook a custom Stock ROM for i9515 (i.e. deodexed, rooted, debloated, zip aligned, etc..).
Although installing the cooked ROM needs custom recovery which voids warranty :D

agentdeep

Apr 30, 2013
@Wuby986

Bro, I need answer quick lol.. How to find the kernel path? Is it where the boot.img located?

Check this, is the kernel path at /dev/block/mmcblk0p20. Am I right?

igxl68.png

misterkekko

May 8, 2013
Is possible take the touch driver in sammy rom on I9515 and put those driver in AOSP rom for I9505? To make compatible those rom
(sorry for my bad English)

phileg

Jul 30, 2014
Isère
OnePlus 8T
I have the same problem to access the Backup folder on the internal memory, but it works well on a USB stick with CWM 6.0.4.7, but that's ok with philz 6.0.4.7.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Status update...
    Googymax kernel base
    Cyanogenmod adreno drivers (tearing fixed)
    Touch works
    Ext sdcard works
    Wifi driver won't init
    BT driver inside but uninitialized through cm init scripts
    Guys, i have good and bad news:p
    Good news is that i enabled wifi :D
    Bad news is that now i need to figure out how exactly i did it - i tried few things at the same time but i'm not sure which one of them worked :eek:
    i hope to investigate it tomorrow.
    heres the latest phil2sat kernel build for cm11.

based on googymax repo
    fixed no logcat issue
    fixed some battery related stuft
    changed googymax stock adreno driver to latest cm11 driver
    internal and external sdcard are working
    AS so far no sound issues. only in energy save with Viper audio
    cortex-a15 optimized. lzma compressed
    Bluetooth driver in kernel is working but i get smd3 not accessible error. In Stockrom with stock init BT works in this kernel

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-KtPJYilrArV3IzN05RUkpkNmM/edit?usp=docslist_api

development in progress...
    Hey, people, computer developer here.
    I want to invest some time into porting CM11 for this phone and have a phone to test builds on.
    Where is git repo with patchset for CM11 support and an issue tracker?
    If nobody is working on a reasonable lightweight Google™-free then... Let's do that?
    Basically, for CM11 to work on this device we need three things —

• Fix WLAN
    • Fix external sd
    • Fix GPS

To make those work we have two possibilities — find other distributions of CM11 that have drivers for one or more things that don't work and integrate those into current master; reverse the **** out of the official ROM (btw, is there a trusted official ROM that's not hosted on some b/s shady website?) and backport that stuff to CM11.

So let's co-ordinate our work in an issue tracker and push this thing! :)
    No one has abandoned anything... at the moment the main developer is phil2sat but he's without a broadband connection, I've contacted him by e-mail and he hopes to get back in february. When he gets back I hope to be able to help him out developing the kernel together with VinBenzin810.

At the moment we just have to wait.