[Q] Google Apps :(

Search This thread

raul1113

Apr 18, 2012
Pereira
No gapps showing

I've a similar problem, in my case I can't find Google Play, google maps of youtube in my applications list, only google search and google talk. I'm using CM7 by Quarx and I've tried two different versions of gapps, gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip and later gapps-gb-20120404-updated.zip (last one found in this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1595963), both installed in recovery mode with clockworkmod.

Any help will be welcome.

Thanks.

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
I've a similar problem, in my case I can't find Google Play, google maps of youtube in my applications list, only google search and google talk. I'm using CM7 by Quarx and I've tried two different versions of gapps, gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip and later gapps-gb-20120404-updated.zip (last one found in this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1595963), both installed in recovery mode with clockworkmod.

Thanks.

Are you reflashing the rom along each time you try flashing gapps again?

There's a possibility that there's multiple installs of Market\Play conflicting with each other if all you're doing is wiping cache, wiping dalvik, and flashing gapps -- especially if you're flashing different versions of gapps.

What I recommend is backing up all your important apps data and reinstalling the rom. There's a chance that doing a factory reset then flashing gapps will work, but a fresh install is a better way to go.

Reactions: raul1113

raul1113

Apr 18, 2012
Pereira

There's a possibility that there's multiple installs of Market\Play conflicting with each other if all you're doing is wiping cache, wiping dalvik, and flashing gapps -- especially if you're flashing different versions of gapps.

What I recommend is backing up all your important apps data and reinstalling the rom. There's a chance that doing a factory reset then flashing gapps will work, but a fresh install is a better way to go.

Finally worked!!!! I just did what skeevy420 suggested and after I added my google account "voilà" google play was there.

Thanks for your help.

PD: I made a clean backup of my stock rom (AT&T), do you think that could be useful to somebody?

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Finally worked!!!! I just did what skeevy420 suggested and after I added my google account "voilà" google play was there.

Thanks for your help.

PD: I made a clean backup of my stock rom (AT&T), do you think that could be useful to somebody?

Nah, not unless you did something real cool with it that's hard to duplicate. We can just flash the sbf and get the same thing.

//Off to figure out that clock issue...again...and start on Paranoid Android:fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.