Desire shutdown at 13%

Search This thread

MetinKale38

Sep 5, 2011
Braunschweig
Hey,

My desire shutsdown itself at 13%. The Desire HD of my brother shutdown at 0-2%.

Ive tried to reset batterystats but it doesnt help.

What can i do?

MetinKale38

Sep 5, 2011
Braunschweig
It was Same on stock rom as i bought it newly (before 1year), it cant be because its old, and Ive calibrated it too, more Tipps i cant find there,

thesavagedonkey

Dec 11, 2011
Sheffield
It is a problem with the battery stats. HOWEVER. I've read somewhere (cant remember where ) that even though its an annoying problem. Re-setting the battery stats will not improve battery life. It will give you a more accurate representation but the battery life will stay the same.

Instead of messing around ressetting stats just remember that 13% = dead battery.

just my 2c

MatDrOiD

May 6, 2011
Halle (Saale) + Langelsheim
Some batteries shut down with 13%, some with 20%, some with 1% and others with something between. As long as you did not notice a strange battery drain, I would just stick with 13% = dead battery (as already mentioned).

daniel_pt

Mar 6, 2011
I guess it depends on the battery. I have one that goes almost until 0% and I have another one that holds only until about 11% or so... 13 is not that bad!

john479

Mar 1, 2012
My desire did this, except it shut down at around 20%. I just bought a new battery, not even an official HTC one at this fixed it. Now it shuts down at 0-1%.

So basically, its just the battery imo. My battery was about 1 1/2 years old and had seen better days.

pechano

Feb 4, 2012
same here

Mine used to do this aswell. Reboot to recovery and clear battery stats? Then full charge and full discharge.
Worked for me at least.

Tarinder

Sep 6, 2011
Ludhiana
Like every desire user am having this problem too. I often switch between roms. Even after resetting battery stats my desire dies at 15% battery.:confused:

erklat

Nov 14, 2010
Lol.

It is not a problem any longer since theGanymedes published his great guide.

Notice how he never mentioned wiping battery stats? :D

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tsjoklat

Apr 5, 2010
You need to recalibrate the registers in the battery. There is a special program that does that.

Use this howto and it will be fixed.

http://forum.oxygen.im/viewtopic.php?id=723

BTW, you need to have Cyanogenmod or Oxygen installed for this to work or a distro with a kernel that supports it.