CM7 with Faux Kernel ofteen freezes with Red LED after call

Search This thread

saiftheboss7

Jun 24, 2011
Dhaka
saifhassan.info
Hi,
I have been using Neutrino 3.02 with Faux Kernel for some time now. The problem I have been facing from the beginning is, often after the call ends, the phone goes into a freeze mode when no buttons work and the red led is lit. When this situation occurs, the system completely freezes and whether I press button, power or any combination - it simply refuses to to get back online from freeze mode.
I have to manually pull the battery to solve it. Anyone having the same problem? It doesn't happen all the time but happens often. I couldn't figure any probable reason for this issue.

Note: This does not happen on 3.xxx kernel on Epinters CM10.1. Neither it happened on stock blur ROM. happens with CM7 based roms.
Tried MROM's kernel but it happens there more often than faux's

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba
Hi,
I have been using Neutrino 3.02 with Faux Kernel for some time now. The problem I have been facing from the beginning is, often after the call ends, the phone goes into a freeze mode when no buttons work and the red led is lit. When this situation occurs, the system completely freezes and whether I press button, power or any combination - it simply refuses to to get back online from freeze mode.
I have to manually pull the battery to solve it. Anyone having the same problem? It doesn't happen all the time but happens often. I couldn't figure any probable reason for this issue.

Note: This does not happen on 3.xxx kernel on Epinters CM10.1. Neither it happened on stock blur ROM. happens with CM7 based roms.
Tried MROM's kernel but it happens there more often than faux's

REALLY strange. I used cm7 for nearly a year (pure cm7 downloaded straigt from cm's site, not the ones on this forums) and I hadn't faced a single issue, with nothing at all... Try to switch to a different kernel, either stock or mrom ones and see what happens.

You could also capture a logcat via adb while trying to reproduce the error and see what it logs

saiftheboss7

Jun 24, 2011
Dhaka
saifhassan.info
I think so. How about that logcat? Were you able to get it? Does it says something relevant?
This information might be helpful. Sometimes it comes back from freeze mode if I keep pressing random keys. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't and stuck at black screen with red led. Can it be something like that when I end the call the phone is still thinking I'm talking and hangs.
I cannot read logs. Uploading to dropbox.. See if you can understand something
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjrnx6k6yio9zo5/alogcat.2014-03-12-21-08-16+0600.txt

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba
This information might be helpful. Sometimes it comes back from freeze mode if I keep pressing random keys. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't and stuck at black screen with red led. Can it be something like that when I end the call the phone is still thinking I'm talking and hangs.
I cannot read logs. Uploading to dropbox.. See if you can understand something
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjrnx6k6yio9zo5/alogcat.2014-03-12-21-08-16+0600.txt

that was taken from the phone after a reboot? if so, it isn't much of a help, since it appears to clear log on each boot.

From what I can see, a theme is not properly created and fails to replace something. not a big deal.
Also, facebook app tries to get way too much permissions and gets denied. The one strange error is with lucky patcher. did you use it to patch android core? if so, there might be the problem

saiftheboss7

Jun 24, 2011
Dhaka
saifhassan.info
that was taken from the phone after a reboot? if so, it isn't much of a help, since it appears to clear log on each boot.

From what I can see, a theme is not properly created and fails to replace something. not a big deal.
Also, facebook app tries to get way too much permissions and gets denied. The one strange error is with lucky patcher. did you use it to patch android core? if so, there might be the problem
No.. I survived a freeze (random button pressing and then came back to life) and took the logcat. :)
#Reverted to stock CM7.2 (Stable - directly downloaded from download.cyanogenmod.org)
#Lucky Patcher can be the issue. But I think it's not. I used this to patch poweramp on CM10.1 too. There it didn't cause any problem. (I didn't do anything other than patching poweramp)

Reverted to stock CM7 with stock kernel. Let me see the bug repeats or not. BTW can you tell me which thin font was used in Neutrino 3.02? I kinda liked that font!

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba
No.. I survived a freeze (random button pressing and then came back to life) and took the logcat. :)
#Reverted to stock CM7.2 (Stable - directly downloaded from download.cyanogenmod.org)
#Lucky Patcher can be the issue. But I think it's not. I used this to patch poweramp on CM10.1 too. There it didn't cause any problem. (I didn't do anything other than patching poweramp)

Reverted to stock CM7 with stock kernel. Let me see the bug repeats or not. BTW can you tell me which thin font was used in Neutrino 3.02? I kinda liked that font!

Very strange...
Also, I've seen lucky atcher do weird things, but none as weird as the one you are experincing...

Honestly, I haven't used neutrino for more than 5 minutes, didn't like the look and feel of it and went back to cm7 :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Neutrino is great because of its lightness. It just flies! :) And if you are a fan of minimalistic look, Neutrino will please you surely! :)

This happens to me too in every rom
    I give a missed call to my number from others mobile as soon as I disconnect the call the screen comes back

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium