Anyone gone commando?

Search This thread

Amfibius

Jan 9, 2004
Melbourne
I am not planning to get a case for my HTC One. Screen protector only. This is what I did with all my previous Android phones - Atrix, RAZR, and One XL ... however those phones were not made of aluminum. This is day 2, and my phone still looks OK. Question: has anyone else gone commando, and do you have any scratches? Is it wiser to get some kind of case?

With my old iPhone 4, I simply put a screen protector on the front and rear of the device. Is there such a thing for the HTC One?

sceptor

Sep 20, 2010
No case here..that's why I pay for insurance and not bothering with a screen protector...always hated those and ruins the clarity

Sent from my M7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: RiXx.One

vamsik

Apr 30, 2012
Yeah, I dropped mine twice and no major issues besides some small nicks that are making me OCD so I'm probably going to get the Poetic Atmosphere case after they release the updated version with the home button cut out. Meanwhile, I've ordered this sexy Skinomi carbon fiber skin.

troysyx

Aug 24, 2012
Gresham
Honestly, if you're going to go commando, you might as well not put a screen protector on. That's the strongest part of the phone anyway. (thank you gorrila glass)

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

cue_32

Jun 11, 2010
Commando all the way... Otherwise it'll feel like any other phone out there

oddlou

Nov 14, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Went full commando with by GS2 and am mostly decided on doing the same with my One. I'm considering a leather wallet-type or flip case, but no screen protectors for me...just doesn't feel the same. ;)

I haven't run cases or screen protectors on my phones in years, certainly not going to put one on this beautiful phone!

That being said, I might get a pouch for it for certain times when I have to relinquish possession of said phone for 'security' reasons. I dislike it when I can't keep hold onto it.

Brac20

Mar 14, 2012
Personally I like to use a pouch. When I am using the phone it is commando. But when it goes in my pocket it is wrapped up safe, or when I put it on the desk I can put the pouch underneath. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

andrawer

Jun 3, 2011
Personally I like to use a pouch. When I am using the phone it is commando. But when it goes in my pocket it is wrapped up safe, or when I put it on the desk I can put the pouch underneath. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

Hum, I've never even considered a pouch for any of my phones before...but hey, I bet I can get my wife to make one since she sews all the time for her vintage stuff business. JUst got to find the right material and go bug her.:good:

bdoople

Jul 23, 2010
Hum, I've never even considered a pouch for any of my phones before...but hey, I bet I can get my wife to make one since she sews all the time for her vintage stuff business. JUst got to find the right material and go bug her.:good:

Well since you're a fellow Cincinnatian, have her make me one too. :laugh:

lojak29

Aug 18, 2010
I'm leaning towards the opposite.. I haven't gotten a case yet usually I use one.
I've kept a real tight grip so far, but I know it's gonna drop soon.
I probably won't go with a defender case just maybe a nice sleek clear case or a commuter to retain some of the physical beauty.
I can't see not using a case it's a slippery phone and the glass is not worth breaking.

sketch522

Apr 30, 2013
Commando is the way to go, I think it would be a disgrace to such a beautiful phone to cover it unless it's a aluminum case that adds to the aesthetics

nhutpham

Jul 1, 2010
I went commando for one night...and got a nick in the chamferred edge =[
It was in my pocket, and a girl was grinding on me while I was sitting down. Nothing sharp in my pocket, soft couch, no idea how it got nicked but it did.

Sad part is I had a thin clear TPU case but took it out to show people...grr

Attachments

• IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 1,167
  • IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 1,229
Last edited:

stevedebi

Sep 7, 2005
Los Angeles
Just my take on it. Aluminum is not a hard metal, and it will at least dent and scratch. I would go with at least a thin TPU case. I'm using an Otterbox Defender on mine right now, but I may go with basic TPU soon.

Pr20

Jul 20, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I have never had a case for any phone and I certainly can understand why people think this is too beautiful to cover up. But for me it is too beautiful to leave it without a case and me mess it up. That's why I got the diztronic clear tpu case, happy enough with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's the spigen case bought it at radio shack for 20.00

For you commando lovers out there, like myself, I highly recommend the SENA zero-profile leather pouch/case.

http://www.senacases.com/htc-cases/one/ultraslim/

The black isn't my color... but the light-tan is. They don't have previews for the other colors yet but you can look at other phones and get an idea what the pouch colors look like.

It's a very nice leather pouch.

I had an HTC Inspire in one of the basic leather zero-profile cases and dropped it in the snow for a while... came back 2 hours later, found it buried in snow, and everything was fine. I still have the case to this day.

The Inspire got ran-over when I left it on my car roof... it fell in the middle of a major highway service road and the phone's screen got killed... but I'm currently using the pouch for my one... even though it's a bit small for it.

It will be a tight fit for a week or so but they look very nice once broken in. They are by far my favorite cases.

Just my 2 cents.
    No case here..that's why I pay for insurance and not bothering with a screen protector...always hated those and ruins the clarity

Sent from my M7 using xda app-developers app
    Phones like this with well thought out designs are destroyed when people put cases on them. It really puts a damper on those who spent so much time to get the design right. The best thing you can do is buy a SquareTrade warranty, wait until a 30/40/50% coupon is available and go to town. You're looking at under $100 for a 2 year warranty that covers accidental damage. Hell I was even using the warranty on my GNex when I thought my screen wasn't responsive enough or buttery smooth enough anymore. I would just smash the screen and get a new one lol.
    do u have any pictures??

Here are some pics...

I watch a lot of movies on my phone and a clear screen is very important. The image through the screen protector is like nothing is even there. And sliding your finger across the surface is just like glass. I use to have a phone with the InvisiShield or what ever it's called and it always seemed a little sticky, not as smooth as it would be on glass. But I have no issues at all with the Phantom Skinz screen protector (It ships with a film that you have to remove. Otherwise it will look like you have streaks all over the screen). The Matte surface is nice and smooth. It isn't rough at all and slides easily in and out of your pocket.

Installation can be a little tricky so have patience. Follow the installation directions carefully. If you get dust on the sticky surface it's VERY dificult to remove.

In the last image showing the camera lens, I do wish there was a clear protector for that. I can see that getting dinged or scratched if you aren't careful and I actually had to make a hole for the noise canceling hole at the bottom left of the image with an exacto blade, but otherwise everything fits like a glove.

IMG_5058.jpg IMG_5059.jpg IMG_5061.jpg

IMG_5063.jpg IMG_5064.jpg IMG_5066.jpg

IMG_5067.jpg IMG_5068.jpg IMG_5069.jpg

IMG_5070.jpg IMG_5071.jpg IMG_5072.jpg

IMG_5074.jpg